A look back into the world of SEB 170's

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

A look back into the world of SEB 170's

Post by Bore » 04 Jul 2007, 18:08

Urgh, a long task is behind me. Took my sweet time writing up a proper review for this eurobeat decade and tried my best to take note of all the various sides to it.

SEB170's offered us a nicely variable and even surprising year in terms of eurobeat. So without further due, I present you the "rather" long review of <a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb170s.php">Super Eurobeat 170's</a>.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 05 Jul 2007, 01:23

2. Domino - Cooking Boy (Super Eurobeat - 176)
So if the rumors are true, this will be the last Domino song that A-Beat C is releasing...
It's not a rumour!!! Here is a direct quote from Domino's message asking me to write up info about GOGO'S Music for here.

Cooking Boy will be the last song from the label ABeatC of Domino

:)

Other than that great review! Though there are some points that I disagree with, like the review of the Nuage songs. She's had MUCH better stuff... even the stuff in the 160s were of more quality, I thought. haha

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Jul 2007, 02:17

A very nice overview overall, Bore. It's nice seeing that Getting The Fever grew on you after some time, since I similarly found that track to be fairly boring at first, but then it became one of my favorites! :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Jul 2007, 03:27

Overall a good review. My only gripe as with allways is how bias it is towards female songs and certain lables. 5 standout songs for SCP, AbeatC and DELTA, only 3 for TIME and HRG. It also would have been nice to showcase the labels different styles. For instance:
1. 2 fast female song
2. 2 fast male song
3. One romantic beat or remake(if applies)
that would give you 5 songs for each label and would show each labels versatility. What I did enjoy was the rerviews for each song. Well done 8)

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 05 Jul 2007, 12:18

drnrg wrote:Overall a good review. My only gripe as with allways is how bias it is towards female songs and certain lables. 5 standout songs for SCP, AbeatC and DELTA, only 3 for TIME and HRG. It also would have been nice to showcase the labels different styles. For instance:
1. 2 fast female song
2. 2 fast male song
3. One romantic beat or remake(if applies)
that would give you 5 songs for each label and would show each labels versatility. What I did enjoy was the rerviews for each song. Well done 8)
There is nothing to do about the fact that I enjoy female vocalists a 100 times more than men. And especially certain labels offer the best productions through female vocalists time after time.

Selecting various different styles would make the whole thing way too complex. There'd be so stupidly many different styles on certain labels, yet only a few on others. And Time did get 8 songs listed, HRG got 6 due to the very reason that they only had a total of 20 songs, if I did 5 + 5 it'd be half of their whole production (and no need to mention GGM here).

Maximum Firepower
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Maximum Firepower » 07 Jul 2007, 17:48

Hey, great review of the 170s!

The only thing that sticks out to me is that Futureland didn't even get an honorable mention!

That song deserves better.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Jul 2007, 21:32

Did the departure of S. Oliva & A. Gatti really have that big of an impact?
It's not just Gatti and Olivia. It's also Tomas Martin and Matteo Setti. That's 4 less artists for ABeatC, and with no evidence that they're seeking new voices to write for, they have no choice but to go double-time on their current voices... in this case it's mostly Dave and Nuage.

I almost feel sorry for ABeatC for their loss, but they probably could've fought harder to keep some of their "bigger" names. They'll recover, most likely.

...would they like an American artist? ._.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Jul 2007, 23:16

Comon, that's no excuse. Look at TIME. As far as composers, It's mostly just Mr. Dall Ora. As for vocalists, Elena and Giordano and occasional DeLeo, Valeo, , Manuela, Campani and Phil(forget his real name). Don't even get me started with HRG Attack. Thier stable is pretty small too. That doesn't prevent them from Hi Energy quality Eurobeat. AbeatC gotta buckle down and find that spark. I know they suffer a great blow, but ABeatC is Giancarlo's baby. I know he can do top quality work 8) here is to hoping for some killer Abeatc in the 180s

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 17 Jul 2007, 00:14

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Did the departure of S. Oliva & A. Gatti really have that big of an impact?
It's not just Gatti and Olivia. It's also Tomas Martin
I don't think he "left" A Beat C, since he's still constantly doing DJ Zorro stuff with Dave.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 Jul 2007, 02:25

My mistake and apologies. I should've looked into the details more specifically.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Jul 2007, 08:33

I can honestly say that I don't agree with any of your top choices for any label!

But I guess that's what makes the community interesting, huh?

Just for record, my label faves were:

SCP: Pamsy - Babyface
Go Go's Music: Betty Beat - My Heart Goess Boom Boom
Time: Energy Man - Bad Bad Bad
Delta: Paul Harris - Mira La Luna
Hi-NRG Attack: Martina Dry - Get A Boom
A-Beat C: erm, nothing really made an impression at all!! Oops!

Jion

Post by Jion » 22 Jul 2007, 15:30

Shawaazu wrote:I don't think he "left" A Beat C, since he's still constantly doing DJ Zorro stuff with Dave.
I think its more Contini than Dave. I don't have any Hyper Techno CDs or anything but I'm pretty sure that Contini takes care of Bulldozer (A-Beat C) Hyper Techno and that Dave isn't involved much. Maybe I'm mistaken... Anyone can help out here?
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Jul 2007, 18:16

the_ditz wrote:I can honestly say that I don't agree with any of your top choices for any label!
How can you not enjoy One Touch or Midnight Love at all? :o

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 Jul 2007, 20:13

#Infinity wrote:
the_ditz wrote:I can honestly say that I don't agree with any of your top choices for any label!
How can you not enjoy One Touch or Midnight Love at all? :o
Not saying I don't enjoy those tracks, I'm just saying they weren't my top choices for the labels. A-Beat C made no impression on my at all in the 170's - Midnight Love was just an average fast-paced Initial-D style track that washed over me. Neo has done far better tracks through the 160's.

One Touch is in my top 10 of the decade, but so are about 5 other SCP tracks, so it has tough competition in my eyes ;)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Jul 2007, 21:17

You're probably not quite as much of a eurobeat fan as some other people here are if you just pick out a few great songs of the decade and get bored by just about everything else. :wink:

Just saying so, since you haven't really given much praise to quite a lot of the most popular tracks amongt the community. It's your opinion though, and I'm glad you at least got something out of one of the most groundbreaking productions imo that I've heard in a while. :D