Anyway, eurobeat

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

Anyway, eurobeat

Post by Bore » 25 Jun 2008, 11:51

If eurobeat was measured on a scale, how far would 188 get in your opinion? I've figured out how I feel about it and due to that very fact you can find the review for <a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb188.php">Super Eurobeat 188</a> here.

EDIT:
1st of July, 2008.

As the submit lyrics thing has been neglected a bit again, I took some time to scan through the whole mess and submit what had been sent through it. Thanks for the updates, apologies for taking so long to do the proper update with them.

Also the request for lyrics has been taken down as the fact is that I have pretty much covered everything I can easily get my hands on with the database and now the songs that are lacking from the db are mostly ones that are either on hard to get albums, or just don't have printed lyrics.

EDIT #2:

The database has been brought to date with the missing albums since the last major database update added. Think the last time I got around to updating all of the missing stuff was around Christmas last year. So yeah, every 6 months or something, laaaazy.
Last edited by Bore on 01 Jul 2008, 12:08, edited 2 times in total.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 25 Jun 2008, 12:55

You.... Didn't hate the Norma song...? :?

:P

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 25 Jun 2008, 18:07

Wow, my predicted ratings overall aren't anywhere close to what you ended up giving, although I was right that Power Of Loving You would be your least favorite track (and that your final score would be an 8). ^^

Surprised and disappointed to see such a low rating for Daniel's track - you'd rather listen to Norma over that piece of eurobeat brilliance? :o
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 25 Jun 2008, 20:58

The Daniel song is... not my cup of tea, I have so far listened to Norma more than Daniel at least so I'd say yeah I rather listen to her. I was somewhat surprised how much I didn't enjoy Daniel this time around though.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 26 Jun 2008, 00:28

Having just read the entire review (only had time to view the ratings initially), I'm gonna have to say that I actually quite agree with your comments. While I still enjoy 188, it's not really as longlasting as 187, which I still think is utterly amazing. I can see where you're coming from with Spirit Of The Night as well - it worked best as a first impression, but it has gotten repetitive on me pretty quicky, whereas songs such as Gas Gas Gas, NRG, and Hello Hello! still blow me away everytime I hear them.

Nice job reviewing this album when you're on the outside - your comments were descriptive, accurate, and quite honest overall. Let's hope for the best with 189, though!
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 26 Jun 2008, 01:38

Bumpage, fixed a lot of train of thought typos and such from the review. I tried double checking the review before putting it up but apparently I wasn't thorough enough as I found a handful yet again :/ I need to get glasses.

Ps: I'm scared how similar Lebon's review seemed to mine (just read the reviews others did as I rather stay in the dark and figure out for myself after I'm done ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Jun 2008, 09:33

You seem to dislike everying about the Chris Stanton track that I liked. While you definately have a good ear to pinpoint the essence of the song(egoism) I, was quite surprised you didn't like the track a whole lot more. Substituting the word butch for macho only made me laugh.LOL!

It's a good review from your point of view and because I've grown to know your Eurobeat tastes. I really hope you don't morph into Lebon :P

FaXMactor
Euro To B

Re: Anyway, eurobeat

Post by FaXMactor » 02 Jul 2008, 06:23

Bore wrote: EDIT:
1st of July, 2008.

As the submit lyrics thing has been neglected a bit again, I took some time to scan through the whole mess and submit what had been sent through it. Thanks for the updates, apologies for taking so long to do the proper update with them.
Nice ^_^

But... Maharaja Night Hi-NRG Revolution Vol.8 is still missing 2 lyrics (track no.5 and 13 - I'm quite sure I've submitted all...

Need a re-submission?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 02 Jul 2008, 11:22

Actually those are apparently bugs from my half, Morena has been typoed as More and Samantha Gilles just isn't showing on the extended page for some reason, probably an extra space....