Boom Boom Boom ShakalakaBOOM!

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Gorgia_v
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Gorgia_v » 23 Oct 2008, 11:34

i was so excited when i heard "got to be certain" it was great to hear a kylie remake and i know a few eurobeat fans had wanted a kylie remake, i have to say it reminded me of when most of the pop 80's songs all sounded the same and were written by the same 2 people..

HRG was a major letdown this album i didnt think there was anything new at all with the the 2 songs it was the same stuff different lyrics (then again it could be the fact manga robot was there and i have heard it way to many times b4

i really thought the album was a let down, and the album wasnt really driving themed there were a few car related songs but overall it was just another eurobeat album...

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 23 Oct 2008, 13:04

Gorgia_v wrote:i really thought the album was a let down, and the album wasnt really driving themed there were a few car related songs but overall it was just another eurobeat album...
EXACTLY! I thought that the other day - I was expecting a more specific driving feel to the tracks, but some of those songs really don't get you pumped up for a race (Purple Emotion and Got To Be Certain in particular!!)

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 11 Dec 2008, 19:55

I can't believe you used the phrase 'can't generate enough threat' in a music review.

Aside from that little tidbit, I actually mostly agreed with your ratings this time around, (except for Manga Super Robot and My Gasoline... infact, I'd have outright switched the scores). To me, 191 is a weird grab bag of different things... but nothing particularly stand-out.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice