Internet Kills... wait, what?

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

Internet Kills... wait, what?

Post by Bore » 14 Apr 2010, 15:05

Yes Internet has probably killed a few things during it's existance, what will one more victim do?

A new page has been turned in the Super Eurobeat world when 202 was released, the album carries on with the path of 201 and keeps showering us fans with the music we love so much, or do we? Well read below if you feel like it. Beware! It's (Not For Your Eyes) if you're fragile.

<a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb202.php">Super Eurobeat 202 Review.</a>

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Apr 2010, 19:22

Well, We asked for it, and we got it. I knew it was gonna be brutal and it was.

pretty predictable review. I guess what surprised me the most was the 7 rating to an SCP song. Especially the Irene song. It's actually one of my favourite Irene songs.
What gets me as is that I think you almost expect a generic sounding album nowdays, since that happens to be your main hangup. I don't know, but ever since I got into Eurobeat; I can recal most songs sounding similiar too each other. The structure, melody and vocalists. That is what is Eurobeat. You start changing that and you got songs like Hide & Seek; which in IMOP isn't even passable Eurobeat. An album full of that material would have to be called something else.
All in all a review is what ist is and I as I said, I like to read other members' opinions. So thanks for posting.

Now for my rebuttle :P
You praise the difference in structure for Dreamlover's chorus, but at the same TIME shoot down Technological World; a song that follows that tries a different kinda melody in the chorus. Not only that ,but it's overall style is very different. I can see however how displeased you would be since it follows the same structure as Disco Energy.

Don't think I need to defend Time Spa/Eurogrooves, since the other members' grades speak for themselves, but there were some nice additions and different ideas in those two songs. In fact, the spoken line "Don't stop to dancing" was a style that TIME used a lot in the 90's and its nice to see Dall Ora insert it onto the Chris Stanton song.

I actually think it was one of the best cds , concidering all we got were mixes for half a year. I can compare this one too say ,SEB 182 in quality of songs.

BTW, I thought I was sarcastic & brutal :D

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 14 Apr 2010, 22:49

The best line out of the whole review would have to be this one:

"It's really not internet that kills the eurobeat stars, but this sort of material that comes close to very fairly amateurish material."

Couldn't have said it better, haha.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Re: Internet Kills... wait, what?

Post by Densetsu13 » 15 Apr 2010, 02:40

Bore wrote:As far as big expectations go Irene is definitely on the front line of material that geda hype from me.
I see what you did there 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Apr 2010, 03:39

Ahahaha, Final Score: ? I'm pretty sure you meant something more like 6½, amirite?

Still really disappointed by the low score for New Technological World, but at least it's not in the 5's range or anything. I've seen far worse grades come from you regarding Saifam...

I definitely have to agree and honestly say that I Can't Stop Lovin' You is really boring. I tried hard to enjoy it, since I was fairly excited about it upon the samples and the_ditz seems to like it a lot, but it just doesn't grab me. It really lacks the punch of other male-led Dima presentations and is too generic to come off to me as "beautiful" or anything like that.

Again, I'm not honestly in extreme disagreement about your review except for New Technological World. I was just a bit startled and surprised to see such harsh comments about the album as "MEH!" when I was really digging it, and I didn't want the featured review to make the CD look as bad as I expected.
ImageImage

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 15 Apr 2010, 04:58

Most hilarious review from you in ages. Everything about Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars and Dave had me rolling. Really surprised about CooLoveR. I thought it was Irene's best song since Love is the Name of Love but can't win everyone.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 15 Apr 2010, 10:06

He did the review even if he said he wouldn't..

two 4's... WOW >_<
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Apr 2010, 13:14

#Infinity wrote:Ahahaha, Final Score: ? I'm pretty sure you meant something more like 6½, amirite?

Still really disappointed by the low score for New Technological World, but at least it's not in the 5's range or anything. I've seen far worse grades come from you regarding Saifam...

I definitely have to agree and honestly say that I Can't Stop Lovin' You is really boring. I tried hard to enjoy it, since I was fairly excited about it upon the samples and the_ditz seems to like it a lot, but it just doesn't grab me. It really lacks the punch of other male-led Dima presentations and is too generic to come off to me as "beautiful" or anything like that.

Again, I'm not honestly in extreme disagreement about your review except for New Technological World. I was just a bit startled and surprised to see such harsh comments about the album as "MEH!" when I was really digging it, and I didn't want the featured review to make the CD look as bad as I expected.
Heh I made a boo boo with the last grade, was supposed to be 6½
Densetsu13 wrote:
Bore wrote:As far as big expectations go Irene is definitely on the front line of material that geda hype from me.
I see what you did there 8)
There were quite a few supposedly witty references to a lot of things in the review this time around. I spent more time than generally writing it this time around and still made mistakes as well. Sigh.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 15 Apr 2010, 17:58

I'm excited to actually listen to the album to see how well my thoughts line up with Bore's since I pretty much agreed with his reviews in the past.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Apr 2010, 22:12

Bore
Wow! the last TIME you rated a cd that low was SEB 189. I'm taking into account that you never reviewed 193, 94,95 or 96, so I'm not sure what you thought of those? but yeah, 6 1/2 seems like bottom of the barrel. I don't think I even gave 187 that low a score and that cd was nothinbg special tor me.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Apr 2010, 22:26

The plan has been to fill in the gaps in SEB 190s, but the reviews are coming kinda slow. Hopefully one day can do them as a big blob and just get it over with.

The albums at the end of 190s weren't all that bad, reviewing nonstops is a different thing though. But there were good songs, there were bad songs. Nothing groundbreaking as a whole in either direction.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 16 Apr 2010, 06:10

drnrg wrote:Bore
Wow! the last TIME you rated a cd that low was SEB 189. I'm taking into account that you never reviewed 193, 94,95 or 96, so I'm not sure what you thought of those? but yeah, 6 1/2 seems like bottom of the barrel. I don't think I even gave 187 that low a score and that cd was nothinbg special tor me.
Pretty sure the lowest mark Bore gave to an album was 6- (177), so 202 wasn't too bad, especially when you take into account that Bore's isn't as impressed by eurobeat these days (at least, in comparison to the 170s/180s).

Can't wait for those other 190s reviews. :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Apr 2010, 08:01

Jay
Pretty sure the lowest mark Bore gave to an album was 6- (177), so 202 wasn't too bad, especially when you take into account that Bore's isn't as impressed by eurobeat these days (at least, in comparison to the 170s/180s).
I had to check that out just to remind myself what made hm score that album so low. I agree that 177 wasn't anything to write home about aside form TIME , DELTA nand HRg Attack, those songs made no impact on me at all, but 6-?

Hey Bore , Do you even have that cd anymore or do you use it to slice pizza? :P

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 16 Apr 2010, 17:24

drnrg wrote:Wow! the last TIME you rated a cd that low was SEB 189. I'm taking into account that you never reviewed 193, 94,95 or 96, so I'm not sure what you thought of those? but yeah, 6 1/2 seems like bottom of the barrel. I don't think I even gave 187 that low a score and that cd was nothinbg special tor me.
He actually did review SEB 193, just in the thread and not featured on the front page. In fact, he rated that album 6 and a half as well. He made a few comments regarding the middle albums, and he seemed to fairly like 195 and 196, though his impressions may have changed since then.
ImageImage