Help me, KAMI-SAMA!

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

Help me, KAMI-SAMA!

Post by Bore » 14 Jun 2010, 17:15

Things might be delayed, but better late than never I guess. Super Eurobeat 203 pushes forward an eventful album that will bring something to fans of many different types of eurobeat. Masculinity is the keyword today, but also a bright pill of positivity in the mix as well! Venture further:

<a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb203.php">Super Eurobeat 203 Review.</a>

The next album review will probably be delayed as much, but it'll be here eventually. I promise.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Jun 2010, 17:57

I agree with this review quite a lot, actually. Certainly more than I thought.
ImageImage

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 14 Jun 2010, 23:32

I'm quite surprised at the high grade the Ace Warrior track got. While the production of the track was great the vocals were SOOOOOO weak, especially considering we know what that vocalist is capable of.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 15 Jun 2010, 02:17

Densetsu13 wrote:I'm quite surprised at the high grade the Ace Warrior track got. While the production of the track was great the vocals were SOOOOOO weak, especially considering we know what that vocalist is capable of.
I concur, but I don't think the production is anything stellar either. I was more surprised at the grading of "My Dream" because it seems to possess the same problems that Bore has pointed out with Powerful T. time and time again. Personally, out of everything released so far this decade, "My Dream" is probably the most forgettable of all, even more so than "Do With Me".

In fact, I was having a hard time agreeing with Bore on anything in this review, but that's not a bad thing really. I thought he was spot on when he said that "Take This Way" is so loud that it detracts from the quality, but you could also say the same thing for "One-O-Nine" as well (especially in the riff, talk about overload). It's a problem with a lot of eurobeat these days, sadly.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Jun 2010, 03:45

Jay
In fact, I was having a hard time agreeing with Bore on anything in this review, but that's not a bad thing really. I agree with Bore when he says that 'Take This Way' is so loud that it detracts from the quality though.
I pretty much disagree with everything Bore says that is Eurobeat related, but I'm glad he finally got around to review this SEB.

BTW, I was a little confused. Have you always thought That about Bonini's vocals, or was it only on Toy For Love. I do agree that he sounded stronger on TIME label,(Hello Heartbreaker), but he also sounded stellar on alot of songs from DELTA like Don't Stand So Close To Me, Kiss To Kiss, Money Money, Eurobeat,ect. You know what I mean.

...and I think "Take This Forever" sounds perfect. :wink:

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Jun 2010, 04:16

I haven't ever really liked Bonini's vocal work all that much. He has had his better days in the past, but this time around Toy For Love could've used some more vocal loving.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Jun 2010, 05:27

The only thing I kinda agree with here is Diabolik actually. Review was definitely spot on about the whole annoying factor [The hollering, The "Diabolik" etc]. Without those, I thought it would at least be pretty good.

I still don't see why everybody likes "Toy For Love" so much but oh well ... another notch for Bon then.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Jun 2010, 15:00

Bore wrote:I haven't ever really liked Bonini's vocal work all that much. He has had his better days in the past, but this time around Toy For Love could've used some more vocal loving.
I think he's a pretty strong vocalist so long as they don't pitch him too much as they did in Toy For Love and other songs like Listen To Eurobeat. Leonardi just seems to make his tracks sound unnecessarily cheesy by doing that occasionally.
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Jun 2010, 16:14

All comes down to personal preference. What's loud to me isn't necessarily the same to the next person. I actually hadn't ever even thought of One-O-Nine loud until Jay pointed it out. But now that I listen to it, I can hear it is indeed fairly "in your face"-loud. Especially the forementioned part at 2:40-2:50 that I love the most in it.

Bonini as a vocalist isn't by any means necessarily a bad option, but I've always generally had a bit of a hard time heating up to male vocalists as a whole. There are only very few male vocalists in the world I would really qualify as excellent. Most just have annoying tendencies, nothing like my precious Elena naturally has. But it's the same with her, some can't stand her, but I just can't think of anyone else with a vocal range as impressive as her.