Door #22

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

Door #22

Post by Bore » 22 Dec 2010, 20:48

Nearly forgot to do this update~ But only two more to go. The 22nd door reveals the 2nd newest album. So here I present thee with: <a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb208.php">Super Eurobeat 208 review.</a>

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 23 Dec 2010, 20:12

Oh, COME ON! A freaking 6 for Queen of Heart??? :-x :( :???: :? :o One of the best eurobeat pieces of the year easily, yet it gets the same rating as I'm Superstar! Not to mention pretty horrid ratings to Awake and Crazy, too.

I kind of agreed witih your door reviews for the most part, but now, this is one review that I couldn't disagree with anymore. SEB 208 is easily one of the finest releases the series has seen since the 170's, imo, and...well, let's just say I'd be really thankful if a user review section were finally available on this website, because clearly this CD does NOT deserve all the strife that you gave it! ><

At least you gave a fairly high rating to my favorite track on the CD, hehehe (Memories of Love).

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 23 Dec 2010, 23:49

'Queen of Heart' isn't as outstanding as most people make it out to be. Admittedly, that song has grown on me somewhat over the past couple of weeks, but the melody is really boring and forgettable. The only real strong point about the song are the vocals, which are very fine if I may add, but sadly we're not just rating songs based purely on vocals.

I wouldn't have rated it as low as 6 (maybe 8- on Bore's scale), but it's still not all that exceptional.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 24 Dec 2010, 02:00

Jay wrote:'Queen of Heart' isn't as outstanding as most people make it out to be. Admittedly, that song has grown on me somewhat over the past couple of weeks, but the melody is really boring and forgettable. The only real strong point about the song are the vocals, which are very fine if I may add, but sadly we're not just rating songs based purely on vocals.

I wouldn't have rated it as low as 6 (maybe 8- on Bore's scale), but it's still not all that exceptional.

Took the words right out of my mouth. What's even funnier is that the song is on my top 4 of 208, which pretty much shows how 'impactful' 208 was overall. Thank goodness for the really good TMOS, TMW and JOF, or the album would easily become the black apple of the decade.

But then again, this decade has me being on the opposite side more than half the time towards the heavily revered songs (E.G. Rainy Days, Stardust and Toy For Love) so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 24 Dec 2010, 04:06

Jay wrote:'Queen of Heart' isn't as outstanding as most people make it out to be. Admittedly, that song has grown on me somewhat over the past couple of weeks, but the melody is really boring and forgettable. The only real strong point about the song are the vocals, which are very fine if I may add, but sadly we're not just rating songs based purely on vocalsl.
I don't think the melody is "boring" at all. The song implements a really dynamic array of chord changes that allows room for a deep, melancholic tone that really isn't very common in eurobeat, imo. The result for me is a beautiful track that has far more to offer than almost anything else that has come out as of late. The impressive vocal performance only tops the thing off.

Honestly, out of Morris Capaldi's recent productions, I find Your Barbie Girl to be fairly "boring." The melodic construction, at least for me, just doesn't come together nearly as effectively as Queen of Heart. The chorus, to me, sounds especially amateur, in contrast to the professional quality of pretty much all of QoH. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm more than happy to share what I feel about the song, whether or not you guys agree with it, and I think fully representing a wide variety of inputs instead of just one would be a splendid idea if it ever comes into play.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Dec 2010, 04:59

I agree 100& that Queen Of heart is really different from anything Capaldi released this year, hence the reason I loved it so much. The vocal work between Corrado and Clara? just adds to the magic and the jumpy yet mellow riff reminds me of the good old days.