Let the freak out of your soul!

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Mar 2013, 14:54

#Infinity wrote:
drnrg wrote:Amazing how we can be so Day N Night on this particular Cy-Ro track, yet be spot on about other Eurobeat. Aside from you; i've never really come across another member who even mentions the awesomeness of Funky Warriors or Millenium. Crazy Eurobeat world we reside. :D in
Both of those tracks you mention are great, but especially the former in particular. That intro sure kicks up the adrenaline, and the vocal phrases are some of the most convicting of any Time song of that era. Actually, the_ditz has told me personally before that he absolutely loves Funky Warriors, and he's not usually the first person to laud anything performed by Gino Caria.
Indeed I do love Funky Warriors, but to be honest with you I probably wouldn't have looked twice at it if I hadn't played your amazing simfile for it. The enjoyment I got from that helped form my opinion of the song - I'm not saying that it isn't a great track, because it is, but I found it far more rewarding thanks to the enjoyment that I got from the attached simfile ;)

As for Hi-NRG Attack, I do think that Born To Be Wild In My Car is a "standard gene pool" production from the label. By that, I mean that a couple of years down the line, it won't really be instantly memorable from the title in the way that more iconic HRG tracks are (in SEB terms, the likes of Control Alt Delete & Blow, Maid Attack, Super Guts and the slower italo-themed productions from the early 200's). Sure, it has a really good break-down with a bit of experimentation with effects and different layers, but that isn't the soul of the song. The chorus and hook could never be considered as the strongest parts in comparison to other HRG tracks, but I understand now after drnrg's last post that his ratings are based on comparisons only with the other tracks on this album, which suddenly makes more sense.

#Infinity - are you disillusioned by SEB again, since your recent posts have certainly given the impression that you feel the quality level continues to decrease with each passing release?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Mar 2013, 03:33

the_ditz wrote:#Infinity - are you disillusioned by SEB again, since your recent posts have certainly given the impression that you feel the quality level continues to decrease with each passing release?
Actually, I do enjoy SEB 221 overall, I just don't think it's brilliant like so many other people here do. It certainly has its standouts, especially Wacky-Wacky-O! and the two SinclaireStyle tracks, but it also has a few downfalls, like Born To Be Wild In My Car and Down Down Down. Honestly, I already thought the 210's were a notable step down in quality from previous decades, and while SEB 221 isn't really a continuation of this decline, it's not exactly a return to the sky-high levels of albums like 175 or 195, either.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 Mar 2013, 06:46

the_ditz
The chorus and hook could never be considered as the strongest parts in comparison to other HRG tracks, but I understand now after drnrg's last post that his ratings are based on comparisons only with the other tracks on this album, which suddenly makes more sense.
That's basically the idea when I do reviews. It would have been a different rating for BTBWIMC if both Francis Cooper-Maybe In The Dark and Michelle Rose-Spirit of The Night were also on this new cd

Jay
HRG are capable of great things, as they demonstrated with their slower, Italo-inspired productions in the 200s, but I'm willing to bet that nobody will remember this Cy-Ro track in a year or two. I doubt even you will, drnrg.
I stand by this Cy-Ro track. However I prefer the Cy-Ro title to stck to the slower Italo style; like, "Rainy Days" and "Lover For Tonight". His fast tracks have been mostly misses for me. Especially "Jump To The Sound. I really disliked that one Infact; to be honest ; BTBWIMC is the first fast track I enjoy from Cy-Ro in some TIME. So for me it's a treat and I stick by it. BTW; I think BTBWIMC was meant to be the improved version of CY-RO's "Jump Into My Car" from Juno downloads. That one is BAD BAD BAD :P