HELP!! I would like to compose a song... but

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

HELP!! I would like to compose a song... but

Post by Pol NRG » 12 May 2006, 12:17

I never learned music, ..I only have my imagination and the power of my mind :D

What do you suggest me?
What is the most easy and intiutive software?
:roll:

Pol :wink:
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 12 May 2006, 12:40

Well, my reccomendation is that you work with someone who has a firm grasp on production and feed them your ideas, working alongside them.

Once you've observed the process, it'll be a lot easier to put your own ideas into a produceable form... just a suggestion, though.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: HELP!! I would like to compose a song... but

Post by Vadim » 12 May 2006, 13:22

All software is good,it's just that it's not helping much unless u
already play some musical instrument. It can be a guitar,it can be
a cello,or Sophie Sanz - doesn't matter.
Cosmic bard has a point in recommending that u just share your ideas on how u see the music of eurobeat, with someone who is already making this sort of thing.If I were u,I'd try lyric writing,as it allows to express
yourself,and nobody bitches on how you mess up your music writing.
Everything then looks good,if the guy who writes music to your lyrics is
not without a skill at his trade.
Eurobeaters from *export industry* dedicated their lifetimes to making music-and their level of professionalism is astronomically advanced.

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: HELP!! I would like to compose a song... but

Post by UQ100 » 12 May 2006, 18:37

Unfortunately there is no software that will do all the work for you, only software that helps workflow/efficiency.

So at least learn keyboard to a basic standard, so you can play a few chords and copy a simple melody... but ideally to a good standard.

Learn about music theory, arrangement, songwriting... you can do an entire batchelors degree in this, not recommending you go that route of course, but just to put in perspective, it's not so easy.

Once mastered all this to reasonable (maybe intermediate) level, then you can think about the actual sounds/arrangement/style of Eurobeat, and yes, specific software.

You can do it if you want, but you have to be dedicated...

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 12 May 2006, 20:40

And even with all the best software in the world you can't get anywhere without a firm amount of musical creativity. Don't know whether you have it or not - but without it, you're lost.

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 12 May 2006, 22:31

jeurobeat wrote:And even with all the best software in the world you can't get anywhere without a firm amount of musical creativity. Don't know whether you have it or not - but without it, you're lost.
If you've been listening to Italo-Disco and Eurobeat forever you should have picked up some ideas by now. :D Besides, having such good taste suggests a musical mind. :D

Otherwise... 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration.

Pol NRG
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Pol NRG » 13 May 2006, 16:21

THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!! :D
..there's a lot of melodies in my mind but I don't know where is placed every note :P

ciao!
Pol :wink:
"Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best."

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 13 May 2006, 16:47

Pol NRG wrote:THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!! :D
..there's a lot of melodies in my mind but I don't know where is placed every note :P
Then you start by humming into a recorder... :) Seriously... IIRC there's a video on the SCP site where you see a melody being hummed to the guitarist.

If you find someone you can work with to turn ideas into a whole song...