SEB 171

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Sep 2006, 05:03

8)Ha Ha! Just As I predicted...soon all of you will be bowing to the greatness of TIME! :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 30 Sep 2006, 06:35

I like Time hehe. I like all the labels. I just don't like when labels repeat themsevlves and do the same thing over and over again which almost every label is guilty of.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 30 Sep 2006, 11:36

I'm pretty sure Annerley doesn't sing in Groove Twins, it's just Elena here. I do think she'll soon return in Go Go Girls.

And I'm positive she is the female voice in Midnight Love :)

Anyway, my ratings:

# Nuage - I'm Gonna Carry On - 9/10
Fantastic synth and lead melody, vocals are better than usual and overall a catchy and warm production.

# Dana - I'm OK - 8/10
Although the melody isn't special at all, I really love all the little details in the production work. Outstanding track from SCP once again.

# Annalise - Say You Will - 8/10
I can't see why people are bashing this, it rules! They've tried some new stuff in the production with new percussion samples and a lead synth that stands out. Vocal work is heavenly and the melody line takes me into the sky. Chorus could be more interesting, but who cares when Annerley's on the mic!

# Neo - Midnight Love - 8/10
I was at the studio when Neo recorded this and I must say that they changed a few things in the song that they should've left in it. But oh well, this is just a winner. Powerful stuff like in '94!

# Sophie - My World 2006 - 8/10
Not too keen on Time stuff these days but once in a while they manage to return to their early 90s production glory. This one does the trick for me and that's why I gave it such a high rating. I just wish Time would fire half their artists/producers and hire some more talented ones.

# Ai Yamamoto - Wonderful - 8/10
I didn't even know this was SCP when I first played it, but what a great song! Vocals are a bit too squeeky but the song and production make up for that. It's wonderful!

# Mark Gillian - Honesty - 8/10
Awesome track, really well composed and it should've gotten an 10 from me. The reason I dropped it two points is because of that ear-killing lead sound they used. WHY!? They couldn't find a regular synth on their Nord Lead? I've never heard such a terrible lead sound and it ruins an otherwise perfect (!!) song.

# Powerful T - Ace Of Spades - 7/10
Typical stuff from A.Beat-C - good production but uninteresting song. It's not really bad, but not excellent either. I'm glad it has such power.

# Go2 - Power - 7/10
I expected a little more from this but it's a good song really. Production is excellent as usual but the melody could have been made more interesting. Nevertheless something I'll play again.

# Mr. M - Welcome People - 7/10
I don't like these vocals at all. Another vocalist would be better here. The song is great though and the production will do too.

# Melissa White - Wanna Be With You - 7/10
What a sweet song! I love everything about it, except for that they try too much to sound like either the old Eurobeat songs (as in 1988) or SAW. If they'll put out a more up to date version I'll give it a 10.

# Queen 26 - Popcorns & Sex - 7/10
I was not amused by these vocals nor the lyrics. Isn't it time for Eurobeat to finally grow up a little? I'm so beyond all these childish songs because recent tracks have proved that Eurobeat is perfect for a more romantic and mature touch. Oh well, the melody rocks so it'll still get a 7.

# Oda - Rainbow - 6/10
Not sure about this - when it started I was thinking of an 8 or a 9, but then the vocals came in and ruined it.

# Annie - DD Dance - 6/10
This one's the other way around. Vocals are pure bliss and I would love to see new tracks with this singer every month. However, they song they gave her is a little boring and doesn't have a hook at all. Production is good.

# Rick Castle - You'll Never Be Lonely - 5/10
Flash and I'm back in 1993. When do Eurobeat producers start to realize that it's 2006 and we need a NEW sound? I'm not even gonna comment on this because I was scared away by the production.

# Cody - Die Die - 5/10
No comment either. Painful mistake.

# Groove Twins - Dance Dance Monsteru - 4/10
I didn't know A.Beat-C could make songs this terrible. It just hurts my ears and I can't believe A. Gordon co-wrote this :(

# Cy-Ro - Intercooler - 0/10
-edit- Obviously I do not get why people like this song. This takes Eurobeat into a direction we shouldn't want to go. Back to the studio and try again ;)

Overall a 7.5 for the album. Many good songs and a few REALLY bad ones. I'm looking forward to 172 with hopefully A. Gordon "Stay Tonight"!
Last edited by MarkIventi on 01 Oct 2006, 11:22, edited 2 times in total.

clubraf
Eurocurious

Post by clubraf » 30 Sep 2006, 19:33

I talked with the producer of "Intercooler" He stated that he would, in fact, not like to be executed for his song :o

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 30 Sep 2006, 19:55

clubraf wrote:I talked with the producer of "Intercooler" He stated that he would, in fact, not like to be executed for his song :o
:| I liked Intercooler a lot! really great chorus

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 30 Sep 2006, 20:11

171 is actually a good album! I like almost all the songs. That's something new for me. Most of the time I don't like 60~40% or so, but now it's quite nice to hear all the songs apply with my taste.

My girlfriend however was shocked by 'Intercooler - Cy-Ro'... :P
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

nick festari
Euro To B

Post by nick festari » 30 Sep 2006, 20:28

Toni, was it a positive shock???!!! :D

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 30 Sep 2006, 21:39

It certanly wasn't... She doesn't really agree with the HI-NRG Attack sound :cry: she doesn't even like eurobeat so much... But I can't be bothered :twisted:
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Oct 2006, 06:37

Hola Mr. Festari. I'm sure glad to see you back on the forum. Maybe this way Markiventi will realize that Eurobeat artists and producers read our forums and be a little more careful about his coments. :x

I havn't heard the new Cy-Ro, but I'm still blown away by "Get Into The Dark Side Of My Brain" ....and that's a good blow, like in BlowJob. Those are always good :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 01 Oct 2006, 07:48

You...

I just have no words for what was said lol...

Those are always good oh man lolol!
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 01 Oct 2006, 11:18

drnrg wrote:Hola Mr. Festari. I'm sure glad to see you back on the forum. Maybe this way Markiventi will realize that Eurobeat artists and producers read our forums and be a little more careful about his coments. :x
Hehe I'm sure mr. Festari is used to reviews, so he will understand that this is just an expression. Since the Eurobeat world exists of not too many producers there cannot be a producer you don't like. Festari produced a song I really dislike this time, but has given me hundreds before that I did love. Perhaps I should express myself better the next time ;)
I've changed it though cos being a producer myself, I wouldn't want people to hurt me because of my music either hehe.

I guess playing Eurobeat to a friend or relative is hardly ever a good idea. Most of my friends think it's just noise :( it would be so cool if they could find the beautiful songs behind the synths.

nick festari
Euro To B

Post by nick festari » 01 Oct 2006, 15:16

No problem, Mark!
Don't worry at all!!! :lol:

Every one has the right to express his own opinion!

Ebisumaru
Eurocurious

Post by Ebisumaru » 01 Oct 2006, 15:44

My favorites are Intercooler, Say You Will, Wonderful, and Popcorns & Sex. :D

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 01 Oct 2006, 16:02

redtarzanboi wrote:18 – Nuage – I’m Gonna Carry On – Score 4/5

Norma style mixed with Nuage dance. Very nice combination that works well. Her voice is working very well here. Again I hold to the theory that Nuage’s vocals weren’t as good as they should have been on the concert because she was moving around way too much and she was too busy jumping around. But this is a review on the song. The vocals just work well especially hearing Lolita singing background. It’s just a very well made song.
I'm surprised by this one. I guess Lolita is doubling her throughout. Quite well written song and arrangement.

What was this concert?

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 01 Oct 2006, 16:08

MarkIventi wrote:# Cy-Ro - Intercooler - 0/10
-edit- Obviously I do not get why people like this song. This takes Eurobeat into a direction we shouldn't want to go. Back to the studio and try again ;)
Yep... to me this "song" is like being banged over the head with a hammer. But I can't speak for the optimum Eurobeat market strategy or taste of anyone else... but is it justified to put call this and the 80's-style stuff on SEB 171 the same style? Or even ignoring that, are they likely to appeal to the same group of people (i.e., does it make sense to put them on the same album?)