Those random noises/voices/riffs in eurobeat megamixes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Those random noises/voices/riffs in eurobeat megamixes

Post by DJ Mike » 26 Sep 2006, 21:04

Maybe this has already been discussed sometime in the past, but I couldn't find anything ;-)

Does anyone know of a good source for all those quirky riffs/voices/sound effects that all the eurobeat DJs have a habit of throwing aplenty into their megamixes?

You know the stuff ;) Random exclamations of "Yeah!" or "Go!", or drum riffs, or bizarre sound effects and whooshing noises all used to add to the build-up effect.

Now, some stuff comes straight from EB songs (the "Go!" from Dr. Love's "Eurobeat" being one that springs to mind), but most of them range from stock sounds that you hear [/i]everywhere[/i], to those heard less often.

So if anyone knows of good sources for this stuff, I would be very interested in knowing :)

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 26 Sep 2006, 21:12

ive seen a CD floating around yahoo auctions japan for "maharaja sound effects" which might have what you're looking for.

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 26 Sep 2006, 22:48

I've also heard these soundeffects in old ItaloDisco songs and some Trance on the radio... I presume it's a standard cd/record with all these sounds on it.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these sounds are coming from movies!
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 26 Sep 2006, 23:11

Can't speak for where the producers get them, but a lot of the effects you mentioned are on a Yamaha personal keyboard I have. Could be a Yamaha thing?

I know listening to the start of Get Up and Move It there were quite a few.

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 27 Sep 2006, 04:23

The TOKYO!!!!!!!!!!!! sample in velfarre 2000 and Baby Besame is from Tokyo, Go! by John Robinson

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

samples

Post by newfield » 27 Sep 2006, 07:38

sounds are coming from any kind of records,movies and fx sound library cds...sometimes we spend full day listening to every kind of material,sampling and making archive of cool sounds for our songs.
Ex: sound fx on Nightoffire chorus is from a suspense-horror movie, The Omen.
Sometimes we don't care about sampling from cds coz it's like sampling from sthing sampled fromsthing sampled from...and so on!Who was first?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Sep 2006, 07:52

Interesting topic. I myself like the undiscrimated sampling of a certain part of a song incorporated into another. For instance "Say You Love Me" Stop Limit Line onto Buddy Bo's "Heartbeat" I really get a feeling of nostalga when I hear this. Or the latest Donna song sampling "Boogie Wonderland" That's the kinda of sampling I like, not too much Techo or house. I think that music bytes!

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 27 Sep 2006, 09:27

I figured much of it would be down to sampling from music/movies/etc. :)

But there seem to be so many common sounds that do the rounds almost eternally - especially vocals - going all the way back to the 70s with some, I think.

So how about those sweeping noises? Any good sources/software for generating those? :) The Euromach series especially seems to love those effects between tracks, hehe

Nice to see some interesting feedback so far!

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 27 Sep 2006, 12:41

The "Go!" from Vito - Livin In America gets used A LOT.

"Dance, Everybody Dance" is from Clock - Everybody

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 05 Oct 2006, 05:04

My favorite one is in the middle of SEB 46... it says "mother f*cker" very deeply and nastily and it always cracks me up. I can't remember what track that is in though... there's also a President Bush Senior quote in there on that volume...
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 05 Oct 2006, 07:34

So how about all those whoosing/windy sound effects? ;) I love the idea of using them to break in tracks during megamixes, but at best I can find one or two, but there has to be a decent way of generating them!

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 05 Oct 2006, 08:42

DJ Mike wrote:So how about all those whoosing/windy sound effects? ;) I love the idea of using them to break in tracks during megamixes, but at best I can find one or two, but there has to be a decent way of generating them!
What's an example of that type of sound?

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 05 Oct 2006, 08:58

Sorry, I guess I should have posted examples ;-) I'm really not sure how to best describe it.

It's basically all those effects you hear at the start and end of a lot of megamixes, and in between megamix tracks - air noises which rise and fall in tone quite quickly - sort of a retro disco effect I guess.

Some sound like drum beats with vast amounts of echo, others sound like pure sound effects from other places (although again I wonder where these are sourced) - but many sound like they're just being generated synthetically. I'm curious as to what software is around to do that sort of stuff :-)

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 05 Oct 2006, 09:53

DJ Mike wrote:Sorry, I guess I should have posted examples ;-) I'm really not sure how to best describe it.

It's basically all those effects you hear at the start and end of a lot of megamixes, and in between megamix tracks - air noises which rise and fall in tone quite quickly - sort of a retro disco effect I guess.
Er... well, I don't think I have any megamixes! I have the one you posted a while ago but I don't remember any noises in that.
DJ Mike wrote:Some sound like drum beats with vast amounts of echo, others sound like pure sound effects from other places (although again I wonder where these are sourced) - but many sound like they're just being generated synthetically. I'm curious as to what software is around to do that sort of stuff :-)
You can generate noises in any good synth, say by starting with a noise and fiddling around with the envelopes and modulation.

Here's a couple of examples I threw together using Albino 3 with a bit of effecting as well:

http://download.yousendit.com/26BBB62369CE0F33
http://download.yousendit.com/512C880019AE5FCD

Also Stock Aitken Waterman used to have those "ter-twack" drum effect sounds (this one is from "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now"):

http://download.yousendit.com/2857962041B691D8

Of course if you really want to have nice effects it's time to go out and buy an Eventide. ;)

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 05 Oct 2006, 10:14

Or how about this--should shake the floor a bit ;)

http://download.yousendit.com/98C7FB7764A5B5AB