SEB 174

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 03 Feb 2007, 00:16

And here on out I know that I won't be listening to any EB opinions you offer anymore
And why's that? Not that i care so deeply.

If i enjoyed DR's Make Up Your Mind, i can definetly say that i'm not the only one. If you like your EB laadidaahbubblegum, that's okay i won't judge you.
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 03 Feb 2007, 08:30

aXu wrote:
And here on out I know that I won't be listening to any EB opinions you offer anymore
And why's that? Not that i care so deeply.
Quite possibly because you actually enjoy having a classic song decimated by going from a great vocalist to one whose quality is shaky at best and frankly produced a very poor record this time out. I like some of DR's work, but this is piss poor by even his standards.

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 03 Feb 2007, 08:50

Sht! Make Up Your Mind is a great song! I'd like to hear the original vocals with the renewed synths. That would make an incredible song. Still, DR's vocals sound like they came out of the "90's glory days of Eurobeat, also really awesome.

Moreover, this song is really one of my favourites, since it was on the first Eurobeat cd's I ever got my hands on. 8)
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Jion

Post by Jion » 03 Feb 2007, 13:35

DJ Mike wrote:Quite possibly because you actually enjoy having a classic song decimated by going from a great vocalist to one whose quality is shaky at best and frankly produced a very poor record this time out. I like some of DR's work, but this is piss poor by even his standards.
I dunno Mike... This version of Make Up Your Mind really shines. A lot of this CD like 173 shines actually. But thats just my opinion :P
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 03 Feb 2007, 13:57

redtarzanboi wrote:I dunno Mike... This version of Make Up Your Mind really shines. A lot of this CD like 173 shines actually. But thats just my opinion :P
I'm not wholly biased against the song itself - there's a nice beat and a lot of the synths are quite good. I can't say I rate the intro synth at all, though (lacks any of the punchiness of the original) - and ultimately little of that matters when the brilliant vocals of Wain L are shafted in favour of DR's "legendary" warbling!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 03 Feb 2007, 14:25

I'm going to add more fuel to the fire and say this because I'm feeling cheeky.

Make Up Your Mind 2007 is the worst song I've ever heard. ABeatC brutally raped the original version with this remake. I nearly gagged when I heard this rendition.

Now please excuse me while I try to scratch the exact point on the surface of the disc that houses the song. :lol:

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 03 Feb 2007, 16:14

Actually I like the riff, bass, beat and vocals of the original a lot! Same with the synths. The 2007 version doesn't get near on either of those parts.

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 03 Feb 2007, 16:31

I agree on one thing. DR uses that warbling bit too much. But for a remake it's a hell of a song, it could have been even better with female vocals.

But then again i also think that Lolita's voice resembles 100 sheep brutally murdered with unsharp knife, yeah. she's got few good songs, but the voice is killing me sometimes.

And for Nine. Do you honestly think that Domino's latest stuff is good? Better or even equal to the old ones? I Never really liked Domino, but the new stuff is utter bullshit to me
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 03 Feb 2007, 20:00

aXu wrote: But then again i also think that Lolita's voice resembles 100 sheep brutally murdered with unsharp knife, yeah. she's got few good songs, but the voice is killing me sometimes.
LMFAO Hahaha. My roommate is a fan of male vocalists. She would love this great observation!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 04 Feb 2007, 00:53

aXu wrote:And for Nine. Do you honestly think that Domino's latest stuff is good? Better or even equal to the old ones? I Never really liked Domino, but the new stuff is utter bullshit to me
:roll: I knew somehow someone would bring Domino up. haha.

The thing is... if you like something - an artist, a label - to the extent of borderline "obsession" ...you'll like a lot of stuff people don't - and people will voice that they dislike things and all that stuff. You think Domino's new stuff is bullshit, and you never really liked her? That's nice, because it isn't bullshit to me, I like it! ...but I think make up your mind 2007 is a pile of crap so I guess we know that we have different taste in eurobeat music? haha...

I can tell you there are a few Domino songs that I have that if it wasn't Domino singing, I would dislike the song (Promised Love, Hot Stuff, Fuku Wa Uchi.) There are some obscure songs of hers that I don't nessesarily like, some songs people enjoy more than I do. Even Domino herself dislikes some of her songs that I absolutely love.

But to answer your question. I liked Fuku Wa Uchi, not a lot but I did enjoy it when it was released because at the time it was Domino's first Eurobeat song in two years. It was nice to hear something new from her, seeing I love her music. :P ...but the more recent stuff? The unreleased stuff I've heard, the stuff that Avex keeps delaying release off, blew me out of the water so to speak. :) I can't wait for it.

...although, on topic now - I was surprised with 174. I didn't think I'd enjoy it because I haven't enjoyed SEBs for a while now - but it's a nice CD with a few great songs, and a few decent songs.

DigitalCyber
Eurocurious

Post by DigitalCyber » 04 Feb 2007, 01:08

im listening to the album for the first time right now. Into The Groove sounds a little too similar to Only For Love Only For You, even if it is the same artist

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 04 Feb 2007, 06:52

Nine wrote:snip
Let's just compromise with this. We'll offer Dave and Domino $100,000,000 to stop singing for the rest of their lives.

:lol:

UnHoly
Bad Bad Bad

Post by UnHoly » 04 Feb 2007, 08:29

is the album out, if anyone has it that would be willing to share it

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 04 Feb 2007, 09:29

UnHoly wrote:is the album out, if anyone has it that would be willing to share it
You can buy the tracks here: http://music.mu-mo.net/album/?id=16595& ... subgenre=9

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 04 Feb 2007, 10:02

Unholy wrote
is the album out, if anyone has it that would be willing to share it
That is one UNHOLY thing to ask. Support the cause ,buddy and buy the cd.

AXU wrote
But then again i also think that Lolita's voice resembles 100 sheep brutally murdered with unsharp knife, yeah. she's got few good songs, but the voice is killing me sometimes.
I couldn't have said it better myself,...and I love comming up with shit like that. :D

As far as Domino is concerned, as long as she doesn't sing in Japanese, her songs are so so.