Music that isn't eurobeat...

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
gs68
Euro To B

Music that isn't eurobeat...

Post by gs68 » 10 Jan 2007, 19:28

I'm just wondering: do any of you frequently listen to music that is non-eurobeat?

Outside of my eurobeat collection, which takes up a large chunk of my iTunes library, I mostly have game soundtracks--pretty much nothing that any of my friends would recognize. I'm very worried that my taste in music is too radical and making me a complete outsider.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 10 Jan 2007, 19:42

http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewforum.php?f=8

There's a section here FOR non-eurobeat, but it's pretty ignored.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Jan 2007, 07:42

8) I'm a part-TIME rocker like Dave Rodgers , Clara Moroni ,Nando Bonini,,,the list goes on & on :D

Hinder
AFI
Killers
Mana
Wolfmother
are also on my playlist!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 14 Jan 2007, 09:26

Besides Eurobeat I listen to quite a lot of Christian Rock. :oops:

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 14 Jan 2007, 11:31

I tend to have a very wide range of listening - Eurobeat just became a massive focus for me when I first discovered it :) Especially since I've grown up listening to fast, synthesized music in computer games - this just seemed like an accumulation of all of that.

So I naturally have a huge amount of game music as well, plus classical, pop/rock, new age - unusual things that take my fancy (and half of which is as non-mainstream as it gets).

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 15 Jan 2007, 01:29

Nine wrote:Besides Eurobeat I listen to quite a lot of Christian Rock. :oops:
Why is that embarrassing? No need to blush about that. I'm quite into dcTalk, Audio Adrenaline, and Switchfoot (not necessarily "Christian Rock", but certainly close enough) myself.

I also listen to a lot of 80's New Wave, Rock, Movie Scores (Danny Elfman REPRESENT!), and a broad variety of others. I've also recently been introduced to the "later" Beach Boys, in which Brian Wilson does a lot of experimentation. Pet Sounds is QUITE an album to showcase that.

The only genres I really don't like are Hip Hop/Rap and American Country. I can, however, appreciate Bluegrass. That actually takes talent. :)

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 15 Jan 2007, 09:34

I listen to ItaloDisco and sometimes to Enka. Enka is Japanese folk music. Just compare it to other types of folk like Schlager (Germany), Country & Bluegrass (USA), Levensliederen [songs of life] (Netherlands), etc., etc.

Christian rock is something totally unknown to me. I like to keep it that way. :wink: I'm anti-religious...
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 15 Jan 2007, 15:02

Death Metal of many types, Symphonic Metal, Grindcore, Trance, Club, Heavy Metal.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 16 Jan 2007, 01:50

Eurodance, Trance (Buchiage, Cyber Trance, Hands Up, etc), Techno (Hyper Techno), Pop, New Age (Enigma! <3), Hardcore (J-core mostly)

Basicly anything electronic, and everything besides rock ;P

Jion

Post by Jion » 16 Jan 2007, 03:19

Way too much stuff to list here... Just check my myspace and see what I like I guess...

www.myspace.com/gobeacrazy
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Jan 2007, 07:29

Nine wrote:
Besides Eurobeat I listen to quite a lot of Christian Rock.
So I'm interested in some of the bands names. I check out the charts and see a lot of these names: Creed(Broken up) Alter Bridge(Creed without Scott Stapp) Reliant K, The Fray, Hawk Nelson, Nickleback, Switchfoot, Pillar, Manic Drive. Am I on the right track? What others do you know?

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 16 Jan 2007, 17:42

drnrg wrote:Nine wrote:
Besides Eurobeat I listen to quite a lot of Christian Rock.
So I'm interested in some of the bands names. I check out the charts and see a lot of these names: Creed(Broken up) Alter Bridge(Creed without Scott Stapp) Reliant K, The Fray, Hawk Nelson, Nickleback, Switchfoot, Pillar, Manic Drive. Am I on the right track? What others do you know?
You listen to Christian Rock? I never saw that coming.
I listen to Switchfoot, Newsboys, Michael W. Smith (some of his stuff is considered rockish), and a few other bands I have some random stuff from. I own, I think five CDs of it. This genre lacks in my collection.

Anyway, I also listen to [in random order] J-Pop/Rock, K-Pop, 80's Pop/Rock, Alternative Rock, 90's Pop, Disco, Country, Christian Pop/Rock, Eurodance, Italo Disco, 'Soundtrack' music of sorts, Broadway, Classical, Latino, Hyper Techno, and a little American Techno. I've also begun getting into New Age music in the past few months, and all sorts of music from all around Europe. ^^;
I think the only genres I don't listen to are Rap, R&B, any form of mordern-day 'Rock' in the U.S., and Bluegrass.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Harlequin Romance
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Harlequin Romance » 12 Mar 2007, 22:01

Some of my favorite artists are Derrick May, Plastikman, Carl Craig, Towa Tei, Throbbing Gristle, Meat Loaf, Nobukazu Takemura, Susumu Yokota (listening to his album Sakura right now), Bjork, Matmos (after Vespertine, it just seems proper to list them after Bjork), Mark Farina, Muse, The Smashing Pumpkins, System 7, and Autechre, just to name a few.

A friend of mine co-hosts a weekly event in downtown Springfield (that's Missouri) called Sumo. They play primarily House. Thanks to him I've gained a new appreciation for that genre.

I love Detroit techno, but have a hard time finding it. Trance Atlatic volume 1 is my main outlet for that.

I really like well done remixes and covers of tracks that capture the spirit of the original while updating the feel for a modern audience. Michael Hutchence did a great cover of Iggy Pop's "The Passenger" on the Batman Forever soundtrack. I've also found some good remixes of "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls and "Fox on the Run" by Sweet. I have a remix of "Dream Police" on one of my CDs. I didn't even realise it was a remix until I heard Apu singing that song in an episode of the Simpons

:lol: Maybe someday I'll remember to track down that album so I can hear the original.

Soundpolaroids by Scanner and Tonne coupled with a comic series called DMZ have gotten me really interested in street art. I just love the idea of bringing down the establishment with nothing but a laptop, a program, and an additude. :D
Reality? Never touch the stuff, myself. I find it gets in the way of the hallucinations.

Captainmoon
Euro To B

Post by Captainmoon » 12 Mar 2007, 22:50

I´m new into eurobeat but I´ve always listened to eurodance and bubblegum music. I also love pop groups like Roxette or The Corrs...
Who could ever know you´d be the one to give me what I´m looking for....

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 13 Mar 2007, 00:25

Eurobeat has been around for 6 years of my life, so that's most of what I listen to :3

I listen to Hyper Techno, Trance (especially Super Best Trance series), J-Pop (not recently, I kind of pushed it to the side around 2005), J-Hip Hop (mostly Heartsdales, but they broke up now :( ), some American mainstream stuff (Sugarcult, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance), and I'm a sucker for Mandy Moore and The Moffatts as well... haha those artists bring great memories back to me so I listen to them a lot still.

Before Eurobeat, I listened to a lot of Eurodance/pop stuff, like Steps, S Club 7, E-Rotic, Tatjana, Robyn, etc. I loved early-mid 90's Dance pop as well, and I was a teenybopper from the time I was 7~10 years old, listening to stuff like Hanson, *N Sync, Backstreet Boys, etc haha
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour