Eurobeat Songs That Make Your Ears Bleed

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 08 Feb 2007, 22:37

drnrg wrote:....and Summer- Niki Niki is great :D
(¬_¬) It's great in what way? IMO it's sounds like boredom and sillyness. It just lacks 'it'... And quite a lot of 'it'.
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 10 Feb 2007, 23:18

let us not forget the most horrid cover out there:

No. 1 by Tokyo Purin from Euromach 6

ouch ouch....my eardrum

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Feb 2007, 02:22

I have another one...

Into the Groove by Phil & Linda on SEB 174.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Feb 2007, 08:47

Lebon14
Into the Groove by Phil & Linda on SEB 174

Defintely this guy tone def :evil:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 13 Feb 2007, 19:30

drnrg wrote:Defintely this guy tone def :evil:
I just hate this song plus it is 140 BPM and it's not fast enough to be modern eurobeat.

Second, since the BPM is not fast enough, I consider it as Discobeat.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 13 Feb 2007, 23:02

Lebon14 wrote:
I just hate this song plus it is 140 BPM and it's not fast enough to be modern eurobeat.

Oh yes, let's invent a whole new genre to describe songs that aren't fast enough for your tastes. :roll:
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Jion

Post by Jion » 14 Feb 2007, 01:48

I don't mind the name Discobeat, however I loooooooooved Into The Groove. It was soooo nice ^_^ I dunno about it not being modern eurobeat since the definition of modern eurobeat has changed so much lately. Eurobeat can have so many variations! But Into The Groove = the win ^_^
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 14 Feb 2007, 06:34

In the Groove is a pretty good song, but not as good as Only for Love, Only for You. IMHO.

Good song overall, but something is wrong with the vocals..

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 15 Feb 2007, 15:03

I'm so happy there isn't a single complete style, label or artist in Eurobeat I can't enjoy to some extent!

I've been listening to Eurobeat for 4 years now, and as my knowledge of the music increased with the discovery of new series where I could hear artists from labels I never heard before, my mp3 playlist and love for the genre always continued growing.

It's not that I always like everything I listen to on every cd compilation I see, but things always comes to my taste on time and when i don't like something, I'm not surprised loving it completely all of a sudden months or even years later, just because my ear for eurobeat developped and there now subtlety in a certain aspect of eurobeat I can enjoy now rather than before.

For example, I used to find Hi-NRG songs prior to the Euromach series completely redundant and boring. Funnily enough, after re-discovering some of the artists appearing on Euromach in a style closer to the Hi-NRG sound roots and influences from the late 90's (like Dee Dee Wonder - Money Gets Funny), I went over my eurobeat flash mp3's once again and found out how beautiful and energic some of the Hi-NRG produced stuff could be back then.

The diversity in eurobeat, through the time from the 90's to now and also through the different labels is truly an amazing thing, as it makes it possible for even an old eurobeat listener to re-discover some stuff they might not have cared for too much before, not having an ear developped enough to comprehend the subtleties and influences yet.

And peoples shouldn't get fooled thinking that, for example, Trance or Disco elements in recent eurobeat productions are unnapropriate for the genre. From ALL labels and time periods I can think of, eurobeat has always been influenced by parallel pop music genres, venturing farther and farther from its italo-disco sources but never truly parting from them.

Super Racing
Euro To B

Post by Super Racing » 15 Feb 2007, 21:03

Lebon14 wrote:

I consider the 130's and 140's stuff to be true "eurobeat." Back in the day when italo disco became eurobeat with Flea, High Energy, Time, A Beat C, etc.

The fast stuff of today should be called "para para" music, not "eurobeat". IMO

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 16 Feb 2007, 17:44

Super Racing wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:

I consider the 130's and 140's stuff to be true "eurobeat." Back in the day when italo disco became eurobeat with Flea, High Energy, Time, A Beat C, etc.

The fast stuff of today should be called "para para" music, not "eurobeat". IMO
I understand your love for the 130s and 140s but when Italo and Euro became one was long before that era...

Not to mention the Euromach era had much more 'fast stuff' than most of anything that is released today for example. Para Para also goes wayyyyyyyyy back so I really don't get what you mean by today's Euro being geared towards that considering many more dances were created in past era's than todays...

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 16 Feb 2007, 18:06

Heh I love how the discussion went from song criticism to talk about what eurobeat actually is. I sign the words that the 'true' eurobeat has been done in the late 90s and early 00s. But I'd just widen the decades from 80s to 140s being the real golden age~

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Feb 2007, 20:40

Bore wrote:Heh I love how the discussion went from song criticism to talk about what eurobeat actually is. I sign the words that the 'true' eurobeat has been done in the late 90s and early 00s. But I'd just widen the decades from 80s to 140s being the real golden age~
Simply QFT. Nothing else to say on this one. Absolutely right...haha.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Feb 2007, 06:27

At least this topic has taken a turn for the better. For me the golden age has to be the early 90's

FLEA, TIME, ASIA, FCF, HIGH ENERGY, DISCO ENERGY, and early ABEATC(The ones with Gino Caria on vocals) :D

When HRG ATTACK was born. I was immediatelty turned on to this new hyped sound. The synths were warped, but Federico's vocals reminded me of Mauro Farina's in their macho Agressiveness. Also the lyrics were so unlike Italo, but catchy. Remember?

Franz Tornado - Mad Cow

On me, you request
A double mood
And in my car don't loose your underwear, my babe
So you got angry
I've got a dread
I, like a thundering wild bull, relight your passion

Load me up
You brand the night
Girl's on fire, come on babe
For one night, you're easy lady
Latch me up
And brand me twice
Rappin' to the limit line, high!

Mad cow, mad cow, mad-mad cow
Hand on new sensation to me
Below you do it
Mad cow, mad cow, mad-mad cow
Don't belay, don't do it
Higher, higher, ah!

What in the world were those lyrics about? Wierd ,but addictive. :D

Then came late 90's when DELTA was born. Also Vibration. At first it took me a whil to get used to the mega fast sound. Then I concentrated on the melody and realized this were basically the older Italo riffs just speeded up. That and of course, this new sound is so awesome to sing a long to.
The years have gone by and really I think Eurobeat has 1000s of songs that we can enjoy for ages. Whether they make our ears bleed or make us dance. Eurobeat is my cure! :D

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 17 Feb 2007, 08:20

Wow, we make it seem like Eurobeat is old stuff. What with all the decade and era talk. It's only been like, what, 20 years?.

Now I feel old :P