Eurobeat Top 10

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 23 Oct 2008, 15:33

WNight wrote: Mako - Excitable
Extremely awesome and under-appreciated.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 12 Nov 2008, 23:03

It's been nearly 2 weeks since my last Top 10, and a whole lot has happened for me since, so I'm gonna go ahead and list a top 20 list before returning to top 10 on Friday. No comments this time, but there will be once I review SEB 192.

11/12/08:

1. Hey Boy / Apple
2. Food Fighter / Irene
3. Pagal / Mara Nell
4. I Love Rock And Roll / Mark Farina
5. A Neverending Night / Mickey B.
6. Take Me Like A Wild Boy / Mega NRG Man
7. One Night / Silver
8. Nack 5 / Domino & Kaioh
9. Only You / Claire Deny
10. Tokyo Tonight / Mark & Roby
11. Euronight / Eurogroove
12. Tonight Tonight / Kevin Johnson
13. Dancing / Macho Gang
14. Don't Stop The Rock / Lou Grant
15. Go Baby Go / A-Beat Sisters
16. I Can Be Your Dee Jay / Mega NRG Man
17. My Love Is Crazy 4 You / Dr. Money
18. Wait For You (Dancefloor Night Mix)
19. Dreamin' Of You / Lolita
20. If You Stay / Sara

HM:
- Breaking The Law / D. Essex
- Got To Do It / Gino Caria
ImageImage

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 13 Nov 2008, 02:38

I see that a lot of my previous post are gone. :grin: No matter. As usual, top 3 will be done in detail while the rest will be as usual as well. :P

One major point I want to make is that Dave Rodgers has made his foothold yet again on my playlist, he doesn't seem to release bad songs, ok maybe one or two ( i.e. Lets go to the show K2 the automesse ). A pity I took so long to realise that.

1. Dave Rodgers & Kiko Loureiro - Fevernova.

The fun clearly hasn't stopped, after 2 weeks of blasting, this song still works its magical touch like before, very longlasting fun and will definitely last a lot longer. Big belated thanks to the people at ABC for this wonderful masterpiece. :grin:

2. Dave Rodgers - My Dream Team is verdy.

Originally a mid end top 10 song, but after being on airplay for a bit, the song itself started to shine out even more than what I thought out to be, like the No. 1 song, it is very longlasting fun and only falls behind Fevernova by a teeny bit for the fact that it is not as NRG as fevernova but is still a wonderful piece.

3. Dave Rodgers - Watch me dancing.

I am seriously stoked, I had an inner battle whether to place wheels of fire or this as the 3rd, in the end, I gave it to this song for the fact that it is so dance worthy and very very catchy at the same time, I cannot help but feel the groove while listening to this, as usual, definitely longlasting fun and my daily workout music. :grin:

The rest of the 7 :
Wheels of fire - Dave Rodgers
Stop - Domino
Gotcha! - Domino
Ale Japan - Dave Rodgers
Contact - Dave & Karen
The Final Game - Dave Rodgers & Kiko Loureiro
Sun City 2008 - Dave Rodgers.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Nov 2008, 05:39

I'm still listening to SEB 191 a lot as well, so #infintie's top 20 sounds tasty.

I'll do one too, cuz there is too much great music out now. Fantasy Vinyl sleeves will appear in weeks to come, but I made a uber cool one for Euronite. It really has that 90's TIME feel to it.enjoy.

Dr. NRG's top 20 Eurogrooves

1. Eurogroove- Euronight(Eurogrooves)
2. Kevin Johson- Tonight Tonight(DELTA)
3. Apple- Hey Boy(Eurogrroves)
4. SCP- Purple Emotion(SCP)
5. Annalise feat. Dave Rodgers- Unbelievable(ABeatC)
6. Tri- Star- SEF Deluxe(HRG Attack)
7. Garcon- Ride In My Speedy Car(HRG Attack)
8. Doll Sisters- Candy Dandy Girl(HRG Attack)
9. Mara Nell- Pagal(HRG Attack)
10. Valerie Scott- A Simply Melody(Saifam)

11. Ace- Wait For You(SCP)
12. Jeff Driller- Super Trooper Warrior Boy(HRG Attack)
13. Leo River- Runaway(Go Go's)
14. Alphatown- Harajuku Nights(Saifam)
15. Cherry- Got To Be Certain(DELTA)
16. Tam Arrow- Come On Baby To My Gang(HRG Attack)
17. Daniel- My Gasoline(DELTA)
18. Annalise- Fantasy World(ABeatC)
19. Mark Foster- Kiss Me Divine(Saifam)
20. Megan- 1234 Live On Dance Floor(Sinclaire Style)

#1.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 15 Nov 2008, 20:15

01. Tri-Star - SEF Deluxe
02. Eurogroove - Euronight
03. Apple - Hey Boy
04. Mega NRG Man - Up & Down Spin Me Like A Record
05. Time Force – King Of Your Feeling
06. Ace - Wait For You
07. Mickey B. - A Neverending Night
08. Jeff Driller - Superfast Tokyo Drift
09. Annalise - Feel It In Your Heart
10. Jay Lehr - Wildlife

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 15 Nov 2008, 20:52

My current top 20...

01. WAIT FOR YOU (Dancefloor Night Mix) / ACE (SCP)
02. EURONIGHT / EUROGROOVE (Eurogrooves)
03. NACK 5 / DOMINO & KAIOH (GGM)
04. HURRY UP HURRY UP / LOLITA (GGM)
05. MY SWEET FOREVER / PAMSY (SCP)
06. HEY BOY / APPLE (Eurogrooves)
07. RUNAWAY / LEO RIVER (GGM)
08. SUPER RIDER / MARK ASTLEY (Delta)
09. NEVER ALONE / MICKEY B. (A-Beat C)
10. OH OH COWBOY / JEFF DRILLER (Hi-NRG Attack)

11. HARAJUKU NIGHTS / ALPHATOWN (Asia)
12. MANGA SUPER ROBOT / BABBY ONE (Hi-NRG Attack)
13. FEEL THE HEAT / GO GO GIRLS (A-Beat C)
14. SIN OF LOVE / DAVID ESSEX (A-Beat C)
15. PARA GIRL / DOMINO (GGM)
16. SEF DELUXE / TRI-STAR (Hi-NRG Attack)
17. FUTURELAND / ACE (SCP)
18. I WAS BORN FOR BURNING / NEO (A-Beat C)
19. SWITCH! / MELISSA WHITE & ACE (SCP)
20. DREAM OF YOU / ALVIN (Asia)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 15 Nov 2008, 21:24

the_ditz wrote:My current top 20...

01. WAIT FOR YOU (Dancefloor Night Mix) / ACE (SCP)
02. EURONIGHT / EUROGROOVE (Eurogrooves)
03. NACK 5 / DOMINO & KAIOH (GGM)
07. RUNAWAY / LEO RIVER (GGM)
08. SUPER RIDER / MARK ASTLEY (Delta)
10. OH OH COWBOY / JEFF DRILLER (Hi-NRG Attack)
12. MANGA SUPER ROBOT / BABBY ONE (Hi-NRG Attack)
16. SEF DELUXE / TRI-STAR (Hi-NRG Attack)
17. FUTURELAND / ACE (SCP)
18. I WAS BORN FOR BURNING / NEO (A-Beat C)
20. DREAM OF YOU / ALVIN (Asia)
Sweet choice of tunes. Dream Of You caught me off-guard when I heard it on 169, and Neo has yet to pen a mediocre song.

But I'm surprised Oh Oh Cowboy isn't higher up! That song is concentrated Eurobeat GOLD, man! How can you not love that delicious buildup to a BLAST of energy in the synth riff?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Nov 2008, 22:36

Just because it's not at the top doesn't mean he doesn't love it - the song's been released for over a year now. The fact that he truly loves it at all is impressive enough, as he's really not the biggest fan of most eurobeat from before SEB 141 (and Oh Oh Cowboy chronologically fits into the 130's era, which he told me is in fact his least favorite decade ever).
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 15 Nov 2008, 23:14

#Infinity wrote:Just because it's not at the top doesn't mean he doesn't love it - the song's been released for over a year now. The fact that he truly loves it at all is impressive enough, as he's really not the biggest fan of most eurobeat from before SEB 141 (and Oh Oh Cowboy chronologically fits into the 130's era, which he told me is in fact his least favorite decade ever).
True. I wasn't meaning to assume he doesn't love Oh Oh Cowboy, as much as reppin' it. It's easily one of my all-time favorites, for the sheer HRG-ness it exudes.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Nov 2008, 03:34

Cowboy is definately tasty. "Cowboy Cowboy, Like A Little Toy. I just wish the female vocals didn't overshadow Franz's in the chorus that much., but there is just too much going on in that song not to love it. :D

you also get points for D-Essex- Sin Of Love 8)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 16 Nov 2008, 10:30

drnrg wrote:Cowboy is definately tasty. "Cowboy Cowboy, Like A Little Toy. I just wish the female vocals didn't overshadow Franz's in the chorus that much., but there is just too much going on in that song not to love it. :D

you also get points for D-Essex- Sin Of Love 8)
I love the female backing vocals in the chorus - it adds a cutesy edge to the track and takes it to a whole new level of awesome!!

The reason Oh Oh Cowboy even featured on the above list is because Harajuku Nights reminded me of it, so I dug it out and added it to my playlist again - good times!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 18 Nov 2008, 01:30

WNight's (rushed) weekly top 10 :

Dave Rodgers - Watch me dancing [I am still dancing to this!]
Dave Rodgers - Fevernova [Fun just cannot stop]
Dave Rodgers - My dream team is verdy [Same as above, just not as NRG]

Mega NRG Man - Transmission [Something about it catches me, old no doubt]
Casanova - In the name of love [See : Transmission]
Domino - Stop [Full of fun fun melody]

Domino - Gotcha! [See : Stop]
Ace - Wait for you [Truely heartwarming song]
Daniel - My Gasoline [NRG NRG, and Daniel]

Go Go Girls - Cyber Dance [NRG, but who knows if it could be longlasting...]
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 21 Nov 2008, 03:23

11/21/08:

1. Russian Gangster / Cindy: The large amount of flats in the key signature gives this song a really unique, dark, and heavy chord progression that truly helps empower the awesome synths and vocal melody. I love every moment of it.

2. Matrioska Niet Katiuska / Mad Cow & The Nevskij Avenue Girls: Yet another awesome Mad Cow + etc. release that creatively puts forth everything about the Russian theme at its very best - simply infectious!

3. Fast Food Bikers / Garcon: That opening guitar riff promises a lot, and the track definitely doesn't fail once its incredibly explosive synth hook bursts into action. The lyrics and melody are really fun to party to, and even though it may take a few listens to really feel the power of this song, it's a delicious meal once you come to love it.

4. Wheels On Fire / Black Eva: For some very odd reason, I actually love the pitched vocals in this song. I complained madly about this in the obsurd Run & Run, but somehow the very way in which Melody delivers her lines here sounds strangely attractive to me, and that's largely because this song is really awesome in the first place. The synthline is very strong, and the vocal melody is refined and interesting, giving this track a lot of powerful edge. The pitching in this song kills just about every small ounce of masculinity in Melody's rich voice and makes her sound really cute, yet the strength of this song projects it very nicely without irritating me and I find the result to be pleasantly unique. Who knows, perhaps this vocal pitching thing is all just really extreme; either it fails badly or it works awesomely.

5. Could It Be Magic / Dave & Karen: This song just never stops growing on me. I adore the fusion between the contemporary rock elements with a heavy, classic A-Beat C atmosphere, as it makes for a truly awe-inspiring production that definitely brings a ton of life into this duo performance.

6. Race Speed & Fire / Jeff Driller: Easily the best of the new Jeff Driller releases for me. Its vocal melody has immense strength and drives this song's excitement level really high for me. Sure, it may not have as many little jigs in the backgrounds as the other Jeff Driller tracks, but with so much raw emphasis on the vocal progression itself, this song stands out from the general formula and works perfectly for me.

7. Space Racing / Mega NRG Man: Just about everything awesome about Tomas Marin is thoroughly represented here. A suspenseful buildup draws in the excitement that leads excellently into the catchy synthline before one of the strongest vocal deliveries from Marin is set loose. The production is spot-on perfect, and the melodic structure fits this speedy track with style. 1997 to 2000 - such an awesome time period for this artist!

8. I Can Be Your Dee Jay / Mega NRG Man: Tomas Marin was such an awesome performer back in the days that it's no wonder a second song from him made this week's top 10 list as well. Unlike Space Racing, which was solely symbolic of the aggression and drive of Marin's usual style, this little gem slows things down a bit and passionately represents the powerful emotion and enthusiam he can showcase without losing any heritage to his classic title. I'm gonna make a wild guess and predict that this was one of the very first A-Beat C productions of 2000 (as that was around the time they switched back from 4-minute extensions to 5-minute ones, so a consistent trend may have been in-place during 1999 that ended by the new year), and it definitely represents that classic vibe that was highly prominent at the very turn of the century.

9. Bomba / Franz Tornado & The Bombardier Girls: This was never a favorite of mine on Super Eurobeat, but coming back to it, I've suddenly come to adore its heavy, angry, and darkly captivating presence all-around. The explosive chorus is especially stellar here, and the synth is loaded with raw energy. The verses are a bit more standard, but they still successfully lead into the climactic peaks found otherwise.

10. I'm A Yo-Yo / Energy-Girls: Saifam just doesn't seem to produce this type of fun-filled eurobeat very much anymore. I personally love the simple, punchy beat that drives this bouncy track along, and the synth is incredibly cute and catchy. It's quite a fun treat that should definitely maintain its replay value for ages for me.

HM:
- Fast Cars In My Dream / Jeff Driller
- Formula One / Lou-Lou Marina
- Macho Man / Lolita
- Love Me Crazy / Maddy Layne
- I Feel Like A Molotov / Mad Cow
- You & Me / Lucky Boy
- Let Your Body Love / Tipsy & Tipsy
- Bang Bang Bang / F.C.F.
- Tokyo Strike Force / Nick Turbo
- Turbo Power / Cy-Ro
- Paraoke / Bazooka Girl