Your Top 3 Eurobeat Songs Ever!~Tell Us Why You Love Them So

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 30 Mar 2007, 18:10

TOP THREE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

Annerley Gordon: Everybody Let's Dance
tough to choose - it was either this or Pizza Dance or Cherry Girl
But this one is so cool but not too cheesy, so I guess more widely acceptable.

Lolita: Goin' On
so many great titles from Elena...
but I have been in love with this one since I first heard it.
runner up is Higher & Higher.

Norma Sheffield: Sweet Heaven
geez I guess I'm A Beat C heavy! Well also note that I like older eurobeat better. I think each label goes through phases of glory.
this song just got me... Don't know why! Her voice is always kinda weird and full of accent, but it works well for this tune.
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

KungFuJesus
Bad Bad Bad

Post by KungFuJesus » 30 Mar 2007, 19:08

Long time lurker of this board and listener of eurobeat, I thought I'd come out of the woodwork here and post my favorites.

1) I Wanna Be Fat - The Go Go Girls
First and foremost I find eurobeat to be a huge joke that is fun to laugh at and listen to. This song is both high energy and utterly ridiculous. I love it.

2) Street Of Fire - Dave McLoud
I like a lot of the stuff they feature in Initial D, but this was one of my first favorites and it remains to this day.

3) Bugabuga Chew Chew - Boogaboo
Utterly ridiculous, also has a good beat.

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Top 3

Post by DanWaigand » 30 Mar 2007, 21:02

Tam Arrow - Searching For The Hero In The Night
Dark Angels - Right Now
Dave & Nuage - Car Of Your Dreams

I'm not half bad at mixing music, too bad 2 of my 3 computers are down and i have no extra cash to fix them.
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 31 Mar 2007, 02:26

In no order:

*Lolita--"When You Wish Upon A Star": I don't know why. It's just good for some reason. I never thought I'd like a Disney remix, but I was twisted into a pretzel when I heard this song almost a year ago.

*Franz Tornado--"Bazooka Pistolero": Almost unusually dark for friend Franz, but it's still crazy awesome. One of my all-time faves.

*SYMBOL--"Forever Young": The rock-like guitars make this one one of my favorites. It's the closest blend of the rock I listen to and the Eurobeat I love.

(Not quite on the list: Franz Tornado and the Yamnaba Girls--"Ganguro": Hooky like nothing else. It shows that Franz, when he tones things down a touch, he can really crank out masterpieces.)

Sorry they're so stereotypical; I'm still rather new to Eurobeat.

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 31 Mar 2007, 04:55

Tommy K. - Rock of Fire - I just think this is one of Dima's best Time tracks. It really just sticks out as one of his better ones for whatever reason.

Gino Caria - Nobody Knows - Simply my favorite track Gino Caria has ever done. Well produced and is just one of my favorites.

Fire Man - Flash On Fire - I really love Hi-Site's production style and their awesome, powerful male vocals. I think this is one of their best works and I really can't stop listening to it.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 31 Mar 2007, 04:57

Well, for the sake of the megamix, this is what I can determine are my top 3:

They are, in order:
Bang Bang Bang - F.C.F.
The first time I heard this song, I knew it was something special. To me, it's the most impressive combination of speed, catchy lyrics and great melody that I've seen in the eurobeat world. I've heard it hundreds of times and I'm sure I'll hear it hundreds of times more.

Shock Me - Manuel
Manuel has a lot of epic, impressive tracks but I think this one is the pinnacle of all the ones he's performed in. Gobbi does a great job on on backup vocals too, making this a very complete sounding production. Go, ABeatC power!

Hurri Hurricane - Ken Martin
I've always loved this unique and energetic song and to me, it's one of the best ever Saifam produced tracks.

Here are some others I considered, but they didn't make the cut. Sex Crime nearly took my 3rd.

Mad Desire - Stephy Martin
Stop and Go - Jeff Driller
Speed Man - Dave Simon
Sex Crime - Oda
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 31 Mar 2007, 08:21

My top 3...

1) Electric Rock Band - Rock Me Tonight
- the best ever Vibration track. Probably my favourite SEB track ever. Such a catchy hook and great vocal melody with the unique power of Vibration's production.

2) Pamsy - So Fragile
- it's no secret that I love Pamsy to death, and this track was definitely her most emotional and powerful. You can hear the emotions coming through her vocals, and the slow-burning SCP production leaves me mesmerised.

3) Nick Mansell - Mission Impossible
- OMG that synth hook!! The powerful SCP synths combined with the electric guitar riffs make for an absolute classic combination, and this has quickly become one of my most played tracks!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Mar 2007, 08:38

Question: Will this mega mix be made in old skool style? meaning actually hearing the song being mixed in during the break or done Japanese-wise? Meaning A lot of short edits before cutting right into the other song? I perfer the Old Skool style, but realize it is hard with Eurobeat BPMs. and even harder since many of these songs are not on 12' format. Also mixing right on the P.C. allways sounded rather odd to me.
On the other hand,hearing some of these great songs in a mega mix sounds like a great idea. Here's to hoping it comes out MEGA :D

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 31 Mar 2007, 17:45

drnrg wrote:Question: Will this mega mix be made in old skool style? meaning actually hearing the song being mixed in during the break or done Japanese-wise? Meaning A lot of short edits before cutting right into the other song? I perfer the Old Skool style, but realize it is hard with Eurobeat BPMs. and even harder since many of these songs are not on 12' format. Also mixing right on the P.C. allways sounded rather odd to me.
On the other hand,hearing some of these great songs in a mega mix sounds like a great idea. Here's to hoping it comes out MEGA :D
I mixed my tracks the traditional way (although with software instead of a real mixer, don't have or know how to use one of those), the BPM isn't a problem at all.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Apr 2007, 00:24

pokecapn
I mixed my tracks the traditional way (although with software instead of a real mixer, don't have or know how to use one of those), the BPM isn't a problem at all.
That's all I wanted to know. Sounds like it could turn out quite amazing. That and because of the songs we chose.

Great! That is the main difference between Old and New Skool. I do wicked Mixing on Traditional mixer, but not at all familiar with the Software technique. :cry:

Jion

Post by Jion » 01 Apr 2007, 01:22

I'll do the mixing and I use a combination of both so to say. Just get me a list of all the songs written here and I'll do the mix.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

SirSlugma
Euro To B

Post by SirSlugma » 01 Apr 2007, 05:09

i can't pick my three favorites so i'll just choose a quick three i'd like to see on a megamix

DJ NRG - Kamikaze
lol gianni corraini

Robert Patton - Looking 4 Love
lol dima

Dr. Love - Bad Connection
lol bad connection

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 01 Apr 2007, 11:43

1. OVERLOAD/Terminator

The deep synth voice, the guitars, the melody, not to mention the rocky driving beat-just really great. Not to mention that you've just got to love a song about an unstoppable killing machine. Gives me an ego boost when I'm hotlapping with friends on the speedway.

2. GO 2/POWER

This song is made to get me pumped. Listening to it is like sticking an IV line filled with steroids to my veins, attaching jumper cables to my nuts, and sucking on a live wire ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Need I say more? Ace and Fastway rocked my world with this track.

3. JIMMY BRAVO/MAZINGER GO!

Need I even explain myself? The heavy guitar intro was enough to make me enjoy this song. And the melody fits in excellently with the powerful beat behind it, almost balancing it out.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 02 Apr 2007, 06:43

----------------------

Unfortunately, there are no more spots in the MegaMix for new song lists. Thank you everyone for participating... although, feel free to post your top 3 track lists still to participate in this thread! :)

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Apr 2007, 16:38

Okay guys this is the final tracklisting after much consideration and elimination. While thats not the actual order the songs will be in, as I'm still working on that, these are the songs that made it to the final CD. I'm gonna be working on it hard!

Paul Harris - Every Night
Brian Ice - One Day
Domino - Play With The Numbers
Go Go Girls - Hot For Your Body
Judy Crystal - God Of Romance
Kiki & Kika - Easy Busy
Vivi - Just For Me
Lolita - Don't You Want My Heart
Kiki & Kika - All For Love
Oda - Shy Gun
Marko Polo - Baby Queen Seventeen
Go Go Girls - One Night In Arabia