Your Top 3 Eurobeat Songs Ever!~Tell Us Why You Love Them So

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Your Top 3 Eurobeat Songs Ever!~Tell Us Why You Love Them So

Post by para_rigby » 28 Mar 2007, 09:23

We all have a couple of songs we just can't stop listening to whether or not we've been listening to eurobeat since the early 90s or just this year.

What are your top three eurobeat songs of all time and why do you love them so much? Was it the vocals, the sound, or just all around the best? Tell me.

Top 3 for me
1. "Don't Let My Love Disappear" by Newfield-Moroni-Sinclaire
Every once in a while I stumble a one hit wonder and think, "this has gotta be released more often". This is the song I think of the most. First there's Clara's humming in the background. The synths are really beautiful and the chorus is just tremendously great. This, personally, is one of Clara's masterpieces.

2. "Every Night" by Paul Harris
While this is a relatively new song and only been featured twice, this is an ass kicker of a song. Ever since hearing "Rocking Dome" back on Euromach, I've loved Luca's voice. Maybe, I'm his number one fan. I've really enjoyed his presence on Delta. This song oozes romantic cheese, but I think his voice seals the deal as my second best song of all time.

3. "Maximum Love" by Vicky Vale
Yes. All three of these songs are by Delta. God bless them for such great music. I absolutely love the intro's synths. They sound powerful and sexy at the same time. Vicky Vale really kicks ass on this one. Maybe I love this song cuz of the "pussy cat goes meow" part, but I will always love this song.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 28 Mar 2007, 10:26

Top 10 of the week is easy, but top 3 EVER? That's hard... but I will try.

3. Brian Ice / One Day
This song is just great... I love Brian Ice (even his dorkyness in "ev'ry nite") and think his songs are awesome... and plus, Domino does the back vocals for this track which makes me like the song even more. Everytime this track plays on my ipod on winamp playlist, I just need to listen to it more than once. It's a beautiful song. I even made an extended mix of it because I absolutely love it. haha

2. Domino / Play With The Numbers
This is the HARDEST choice to make, for my Domino song to be in the top 3... but Play With The Numbers is the one Domino song that makes me the most happiest... it makes the most bouncy, most hyper... I just love it. "Play with the numbers ichi ni no sunshine!" - I love Domino's music because I know it will be a fun, catchy, and most importantly, a happy track! With the Japanese I don't understand, the Japanese I do understand, the perfect placement of random English words, the awesome male vocals added to make the song even more awesome... I just couldn't have not put it in this top three!

and, for my #1, numbero uno, most favorite Eurobeat song of all time............

1. Go Go Girls / Hot For Your Body
This song is just, the BEST Eurobeat song to me. The intro is so god damn awesome, everyone I know who knows that since I heard this song, I can not stop reciting it. "Hey, take a look at that car~ Wow! It's a Ferrari baby!" haha. The lyrics are just so hillarious, the singing is awesome, it's produced by Domino, it's the Go Go Girls.... it's basically about golddigger women wanting men for their money! "Hot for your body, if you give me money!" ...you just can't get any better that that. :P

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 28 Mar 2007, 13:25

Hmm my top 3...

3. Marlene - Call Girl

Tough call for number 3, as I really couldn't decided between Fever The Night, Save Me, Money Money Money, Black Magic and this song XD. All I can say about the lyrics is that Mr. Guio has such a dirty mind! Well then again, he did write Cherry Girl, Love, Sex And Money and Tarzan. Even though the first time I heard this song on SEB 146 it was really cut down, I just knew it was such a great song but when I did hear a "fuller" version I repeated it sooooo many times. It really boggles my mind why Avex never released it on CD in full version (or radio edit) EVER.

2. Lolita - Carillon

Hahaa, another song I first heard really cut down from SEB 70. I really fell in love with this song when I first heard it around 2001-ish (and this was the time when honestly Elena Gobbi's vocals kind of annoyed me). The "ayi-yai-ya" part really pulled me in, it was such a beautiful song that when I managed to find the full version (read: download :P ) it was another song I really absolutely loved, this was probably one of the reasons I started to love all of Elena Gobbi's songs :D

P.S. As I've said before the GTC 2001 version is awesome-ness beyond words :lol:

1. Annalise - New Love

Hmm, I think the first time I heard this was when I got SEB 47. I don't really know what pulled me in. But my absolute favourite part is most definately the B-Melo. I think this was such a perfectly produced/written song, that I even remember looking at the old beatfreak site when they actually still had the back issues online and seeing this song was the only Eurobeat song on the Dance charts. Now that says something, even though admittedly it has only appear on one request countdown (the crappiest imho) which is a shame. Carillon was my top song for quite sometime, and somehow this has managed to become my number one :D

There we have it, all A-Beat C songs too :lol:

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Mar 2007, 16:55

Nine wrote:Top 10 of the week is easy, but top 3 EVER? That's hard... but I will try.
Hmmm...

1) Judy Crystal / God of Romance - This is the song that got me into eurobeat. The vocals are great, and the synth melody is great. This song is a cover of a J-pop song, but Eurobeat Masters really made this their own song.

2) Kiki & Kika / Easy Busy - Personally, along with God of Romance, the definition of cheery happy eurobeat. Addictive vocals, and the Goofy DJ bits added so much. I get shocked every time that this hasn't made a recent compilation.

3) Vivi / Just For Me - This one's more of a personal experience thing. This was the song SCP was working on one of the times I visited them, and the one I really got to see some of the techniques they used. It helps that the song is amazing, but again, for me it's just that connection to it.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 28 Mar 2007, 17:52

1. Lolita - Don't You Want My Heart ... Something about this song is just so magical. The vocals, the sounds, the beat. It all falls together perfectly. The chorus is just so god damn catchy and the "Yeah, Whoa" is one of the most memorable parts from any eurobeat song.

2. Pizza Girl - Bang ... One of the most solid songs Delta has ever released (and also from the same album as Don't You Want My Heart. Awesome vocals and the chorus itself is true art.

3. Kiki & Kika - All For Love ... For this one song I hunted down EBF22 album for ages. The album otherwise was kinda sucky, but this song made it worth the purchase. Awesome vocals, catchy tune and all around happiness. Fits me.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 28 Mar 2007, 21:31

it would be cool, after we get like 30 or so tracks, to mix them all in order from how they've been posted into a cool mega mix. :O i should try that, but i suuuck at mixing music. XD

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 28 Mar 2007, 21:48

That would be great. Get 30 people and their top song of all time to mix into a EUROBEAT PRIME TOP CHOICE MEGAMIX

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 28 Mar 2007, 22:32

This was outrageously tough, but...

3.) Ace feat. Brubell Girl's Child Choir - Holy X'mas Night
Codenotti sounds absolutely perfect in this song, and the kids backing him up is too adorable for words. Great synth work, vocals, lyrics, meaning, etc etc ETC! This is one of the best eurobeat songs and my personal favorite from SCP to date.

2.) Mega NRG Man - Into the Night
"Into the Night" greatly grew on me as more and more time went by, and after a bit more than a year, I love the song endlessly. It has a permanent place on my mp3 player and in my heart. Marin's vocals are strong and irresistably perfect. The music and production done is flawless (minus I could've done without Nuage's back-up, but eh). This is genuinly a great song, and I find it sad that little attention has been shown to it.

1.) Mega NRG Man - Into the Music
The completely solid production, the strong vocals of Tomas Marin back in the late '90s, the power behind the track in general, the entertaining sound effects... perfecto. I've loved this song since I first heard it, and still will years and years from now. Just a great song that I can't get enough of. Too bad it was never noticed, as well...
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 29 Mar 2007, 00:31

This will be pretty hard for me, but I think I got a fairly good idea of what my Top 3 would be, based on the songs I keep coming back to time after time...

3. Oda - Shy Gun
At first I hated this song. Dont ask me why, but I did. But about 3 years ago I went back to this album for the hell of it and once this song started playing, I was blown away. Everything from the intro to the lyrics is just perfect. After I heard it again, I started listening to it almost non-stop for a couple months, and I still listen to it constantly to this day.
One of, if not THE best work De Jorio has done.

2. Marko Polo - Baby Queen Seventeen
When 87 came out i heard it, and ever since that day i've loved it. From the lyrics, which I love, to the whole arrangement, I love it. Thats a lot of love for one song, but when I say this is one of my favourite Eurobeat songs, I definitely mean it.

1. Max Coveri - Running in the 90's
This song is the reason I got into Eurobeat. Ever since 85' i've bought almost every SEB Album, and all because of this song. I just love everything about it, from the lyrics, which can be interpreted with humourous results, to the instantly recognizable riff. Also, you gotta love Clara's back up vocals..
De Jorio's Magnum Opus, in my honest opinion.
Theres a reason why it's in almost every Multi-Disc compilation and Mix SEB and Avex Pump out.

Runner Ups:
(aka #4, and 5)
Mega NRG Man - Express Love
Dave - Pride
Last edited by Schiznik on 29 Mar 2007, 02:02, edited 3 times in total.
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

Jion

Post by Jion » 29 Mar 2007, 02:01

Niko - Night Of Fire

Say what you will but this song is probably one of the first Eurobeat songs everyone has ever heard and its usually the one that really encapsulates the power of Eurobeat in one package. It's a masterpiece of work. It's the very first Eurobeat song that I can remember that really stood out to me. When I lived in Okinawa, I went to this one arcade (Dragon Palace in Mihama Village) and they had the ParaPara Paradise machine. I've never heard of it before and I was with my friends and they said "It's like the new DDR". Now I had never played DDR either before that day and I played that and the first song I picked was Night Of Fire. I kept picking that song at least once per session just so I could hear it. Amazing.

Go Go Girls - One Night In Arabia

As with the first song, this was another favorite of mine from the machine. It's probably my number one favorite song from A-Beat C ever simply because of amazing it is lol... See the above for reasons that I like it. This was probably the second song I chose from my first ever ParaPara Paradise session.

Fastway - Number One

The first time I ever heard this song was when I finally realized that Eurobeat was an actual genre and wasn't just songs that were on ParaPara Paradise like other DDR songs. I didn't know there were other songs so I was frantically downloading as soon as I realized (in my Kazaa and Napster days) that there were other songs by the same artists names. One such name that popped out was Fastway (I had never heard of that title at the time nor of the label SCP) and as soon as I heard the song, I immediately burned it on a CD with other Eurobeat songs. In my car I kept repeating it over and over and over again. Amazing song with a great duo action that just is too sweet.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Mar 2007, 04:56

This is a tuff one. Mainly because the line between Eurobeat and Italo is so similiar. I gather from the chices listed, that we are including mainly songs from 97 up but I'm adding one from 1991 because it is my absolute favorite Eurobeat for me. Alo Eurobeat is consisted of many subgenres, like Romantic, Happy, and Chaotic. I will include my favs from the genre I like to call MACHO- POWER, wich happens to be my favorite style of EUROBEAT! but you all know that :D

#3. Mike Hammer- Heartbreaker. The definative moment when TIME adapted the Eurobeat sound. No doubt Laurent's love for DOA sound was present all over this song. From the beggining you get pure TIME power. The rapping in the intro is done much like "Just A Game" -Vanessa-style. The rythm is beat for beat DOA's "You Spin Me Round", but the way Nando sings it is pure High Energy. My best parts are his Ahy Ahys. Clara's female backing also gives the song incredible power in the way it is hyped to the rythm of the song. Up untill the last beat this song defines the morphing phase of Italo into Eurobeat.

#2. Toby Ash- Not This TIME- Ah yes this song has it all. Wicked beat, break and Gino Caria's vocals. One of his last at TIME. The song follows his signature style of almost speaking the lines instead of singing them, but with such oppressed passion that it gives the song incredible NRG(the same style he uses for "HIGH ENERGY") There is a part in the middle of the song where he carrys the last note of the "Not This Time" phrase up untill the verse. and the break is right after the line "baby don't you mess around with me" Those two reasons alone make this one of my favorite Gino Caris songs ever 8)

#1. Dr Money- Let It Go. Kinda inbetween Italo & Eurobeat, but what the heck, it's my favorite! Again Gino Caria vocals and again a very 80's influenced Bobby Orlando track. The beat is simple ,but addictive and the main hook is what defines this song and slows it down in BPMs. The baest part are how the verses flows perfectly with the bridge and then explodes onto the churus. Again Gino's vocals with Clara backup are perfect harmony the way she uses the ooha oohas. Also the use of the third Low Macho vocal is used by Gino on emphasizing the "let It Go"s at the end of each sentence. The break is intro-style used in the way where Newfield adds in another instrument every 16th beat.The song also has an epic ending in the style only TIME can give birth to. I always ended my mixing section at clubs with this echo-style epic ending. This song is even the reason for my nik(Dr.NRG) Ever since this song I knew my nik had to include the word Dr. in it. Gino Caria was definately the Dr. of Macho vocals! :D

If these songs are to prehistoric for you guys . than my top 3 would be:

1. Toby Ash- Not This TIME= Same As above.
2. Mako- I Need Your Mystery= because of Nando's vocals. DELTA's bestest trax ever.
3. Fastway- Number One= Ever since this one and "Rock Me To The Top" SCP has not used the syths in this same fasion and Fastway has not used his vocals like this. More raspy and low toned. Better in my opinion. The backing female vocals are pure High Energy CANDY! :D

Maximum Firepower
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Maximum Firepower » 29 Mar 2007, 23:03

I'm new here, but have been a fan of eurobeat for quite some time. These songs i never tire of... i really can't put a rank on them, because they're all so good.

Eldorado - Dave Rodgers

This song is intense. The energy in the song is just immense. The synth, the verses, and the chorus all flow.

Raising Hell - Fastway

It's amazing that this song didn't make it to Super Eurobeat. This song blew my mind the first time I heard it. The song made me fly back in my chair and say "holy ****". The synth makes this song. If you haven't heard it, get the song... now.

Get Me Power - Mega NRG Man

This song, for some reason, I never tire of... and I've had the bloody song for years. The guitars at the beginning, and the sheer wierdness of the synths in the intro, turn into a wickedly awesome song.

Other notables:

Sun In the Rain - Manuel
Supertonic Lady - Mega NRG Man
Golden Age - Max Coveri

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 30 Mar 2007, 03:42

Let's see, top 3 including ones that have been posted

1) Niko - Night Of Fire (really no questioning this one)
2) Marko Polo - Stop Your Self Control (love the lyrics and it's full of energy)
3) Kevin & Cherry - Chemical Love (fast and these particular vocals mesh really well in the duet)

for megamix purposes, bump up 2 and 3 and make 3 Symbol - Forever Young.

kintaku
Bad Bad Bad

Post by kintaku » 30 Mar 2007, 04:23

-supertonic lady/ Mega Nrg Man
i just love this dam song from beginning to end

-fight for love tonight/Ace Warrior
my first favorite song, and my INITIAL D racing song

-kiss to kiss/ Mako
i love the beat of the chorus

I WANT A COPY OF THIS, if it becomes a megamix

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 30 Mar 2007, 12:42

Darn this is hard... (except for the first place)

3rd place: Nathalie - Heartbeat
My favorite Initial D song (hehe). It's the only ID song that I can't grow bored of. ;)

2nd place: Tracy - Lovers
From the Euromach series. I'm a sucker for love songs. :')

1st place: Vivi - Just For Me
I LOOOOOEEEEEV this song. As you can see on my last.fm, it's the song I listen te most to. And nothig without reason. I just love Vivi's voice, the trancy sound and everything! :D Aaaaaaaaaah n______n ♡♡♡!!

Notable:
Fave Xmas song; Ace feat blabla Choir - Holy X-Mas Night