Super Eurobeat 179

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 23 Jun 2007, 11:26

KitsuneStar wrote:Personally, what I'd like to see HRG do is try their hands at being a little bit more serious with their songs once in a while
Maybe alot of us in agreement should mass-email them and beg for it?
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 23 Jun 2007, 16:58

well, Shadow in Your Smile/Ciao Ciao was serious :idea:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jun 2007, 06:58

Listen HRG Attack is HRG Attack. Either you like them or you don't, but they shouldn't change thier style to appease a handfull of unhappy fans . I didn't see anyone complaining when Kiki & Fancy released thier silly trax :wink:

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 24 Jun 2007, 07:03

That's just the HRG style. Jeeze. If you don't like them then just don't listen to their stuff and stop complaining.

Jion

Post by Jion » 24 Jun 2007, 07:40

drnrg wrote:Listen HRG Attack is HRG Attack. Either you like them or you don't, but they shouldn't change thier style to appease a handfull of unhappy fans . I didn't see anyone complaining when Kiki & Fancy released thier silly trax :wink:
Kiki & Fancy when they sing they're silly songs however, the lyrics make sense... Shadow In Your Smile was an awesome song and the lyrics had some sense to them... for the most part anyway. But some songs have absolutely no sense at all. I have no problem with crazy, as long as the song lyrics make sense. It seems like a lot of HRG songs are random english sentences put together to make a song.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 24 Jun 2007, 08:03

They're just supposed to be silly tunes :???:

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 24 Jun 2007, 08:15

Good lord... At what point did people start judging EB by its lyrics?! As far as I'm concerned EB has always had silly/indescript lyrics. They're fun, they're pretty catchy, and half the time they make no sense! But the point of EB is rather more the song and the singing rather than whether the lyrics are making any kind of sense ;) Hell, "Cantare Ballare" is the perfect example of lyrics making *absolutely* no sense (because they're just reeling the titles of EB classics off one by one!)

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 24 Jun 2007, 17:34

drnrg wrote:Listen HRG Attack is HRG Attack. Either you like them or you don't, but they shouldn't change thier style to appease a handfull of unhappy fans . I didn't see anyone complaining when Kiki & Fancy released thier silly trax :wink:
Besides you? XD

Aaaanyways I've never been able to listen to the samples, but wow people are being really negative this time, and it hasn't even been released yet. Then again, I tend to like the "unpopular" SEBs, so I'm none too worried. :P

DanWaigand
Tha Graphic Guy

Post by DanWaigand » 24 Jun 2007, 17:38

DJ Mike TJG wrote:Good lord... At what point did people start judging EB by its lyrics?!
I hope that this doesn't have any reference to anything I said.. In thinking HiNRG Attack should attempt to evolve or experiment, I meant musically. For instance a backing track similar to something outta SCP or Time Or AbeatC or something might be interesting with goofy lyrics, But Hi NRG Attack has potential to win EVERYONE over if they try, At least that's what occurs to me. Whats the problem in doing multiple "standard styles" of music? SCP Trades rock and trance regularly, aBeatC has ta weird disco sound once in a while...
...Love Thy Eurobeat. Love Thy Panu. Squeeze him, Please him, Light his fire. ...Beware his mad desire tho. Yes. I'm done, Move along.

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 24 Jun 2007, 17:50

Every team has his own style. You like that or sometimes you need some time to 'get it'. Or you don't like it all.
For the Eurobeat sound it's nice to see or better to hear the difference on a volume. Sound, speed of the BPM and lyrics. The last one isen't for me the most important one but I have to say when nice lyrics can be heared I like that. For instance today when an old CD release of LOADING BAY in ENGLAND brought me some old TIME stuff inside my car! Agian I must say Clara what a voice, Laurent: the best one! and some nice lyrics from Federico Di Boneventura!
Anyway ... let each team do what they prefure to do in a way they want to do it. As a fan you like it or not. That's live up to the next volume (which is hard work cause Avex is demanding and the fans also).

Ronald :grin:

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Jun 2007, 19:38

If it's not broke, don't fix it. I think it was Sinclaire that said you do what works in eurobeat....don't try to change what works.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 25 Jun 2007, 00:05

Mikaeru wrote:Aaaanyways I've never been able to listen to the samples, but wow people are being really negative this time, and it hasn't even been released yet. Then again, I tend to like the "unpopular" SEBs, so I'm none too worried. :P
http://www.mu-mo.net/id/eurobeat/discog ... 10179.html

there we go :)

In related news... yay, mines in shipping process! Hopefully it'll get here by Wednesday or Thursday latest :grin:

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 25 Jun 2007, 02:33

Oh, I know that, I mean, there's a problem with my connection wherein I *CAN'T* listen to the samples. It crashes my modem, or something.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Jun 2007, 07:36

I don't know? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think, that what half the fans of HRg Attack like so much about them, is thier whackyness and nonsensable lyrics. I know that I for one, go "NUTS" over songs like "Mad Cow" and "Batman Is Bruce Wayne" and those go pretty far back in thier catalougue....and for the comment about them experimenting..I disagree. I wouldn't want HRG to start sounding like any other label. I think thier musical arrangements and warpy synths really make them stand out in Eurobeat...and thier melodies allways follow catchy Italo hooks from years gone by. I think the fact that they have slowly progressed from 1 song to 3 songs per cd, says that the magority of the Eurobeat community is enjoying thier style just the way it is 8)

I'll compare lyrics from HRG Attack song and from SCP to only prove they are just as silly, but still appreciated by each label's fan.

Garcon - Batman Is Bruce Wayne

Nite fly
The legend in the black sky
You are the number one in the dark
I know
Batman

Last nite
The city was on fire
You saved the lives, no panic for us
No more

When the sunlight comes up higher
Every girl wants your deisre
You playboy in the day
Stop your loving in the nite
Crime is danger you must fight
Are you ready to fly dark knight
Batman

Batman is Bruce Wayne
High technology in your plains
He feels the power like a fighter

Batman is Bruce Wayne
Many troubles in your brain
He runs to the hell
The world is on fire

makes perec sense to me. He is singing about Batman and Bruce Wayne(Playboy) stuff.

Now SCP chorus.
Kiki & Kika Feat. Goofy DJ - My Name Is Goofy

Your name is Goofy, Goofy, Goofy DJ
(Yes, I know it's funny, but Goffy is my name)
And I saw Goofy, Goofy, show me the way
(Now I'll be your DJ, I'll show you how to play)
Your name is Goofy, Goofy, Goofy DJ
(Oh yes, I know it's funny, but Goofy is my name)
And I saw Goofy, Goofy, show me the way
(Hey hey hey, boy's and girls!)
Your name is Goofy
(Goofy is my name!)

I rest my case. :P

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 25 Jun 2007, 12:36

The thing what I think Dan was going for is that, the few times HI-NRG Attack have done more serious songs (not necessarily about lyrics, since those matter very little to me [in certain cases they can be a good thing and occasionally a bad thing]), they have worked quite well and always stood out from the crowd.

I do also agree on the point that there's nothing to fix with something that isn't broken, but occasionally a more different (see maybe: serious), does give the tracks a certain aspect that makes the songs stand out.

The few slower Rick Castle songs in the past were very unique and done with very good taste, yet they had the typical HI-NRG-esque feel to them, something along those lines would be nice occasionally instead of totally off-the-wall tracks (yet those are also an essential part).

But if we really do wanna nitpick on actual lyrical stuff, I would hardly say that Time songs have the best lyrics either :P They just recycle the same things over and over and over. And every single lovesong features the same words. Not that it bugs me a lot, just occasionally I do notice getting irritated by the silly repetition of the same sorta lyrical choruses.
Eurobeat itself doesn't necessarily need any special lyrics, but the few times there are very unique and well written lyrics they do stand out and become more memorable.

Also starting the complaints about the HRG kiddy/wacky style vs. SCP kiddy/wacky style is fairly pointless, since both do their job totally differently. Where as one loved Sticky, Tricky & Bang, the next person hated it with a fiery vengeance. But the same can be said about Mad Cow as well. The actual song means the most to me, both labels do fun and weird wacky things, even Time did some good attempts at that with ParaPara Girl....
BUT also picking one song from the SCP catalogue with silly lyrics hardly stands out for the whole label. K&F are clearly meant to be more of a comedy-act than deeper than life philosophy. But you could also pick some other titles by SCP and get very well written and actually meaningful lyrics.