Super Eurobeat 181

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 15 Sep 2007, 11:51

This album is definitely on the slower side (excluding Go2's tracks :grin: ) but that isn't a bad thing :D . I have to say GoGoMusic is now on my badass label list, simply the Matt Land, Manuel (especially), and Mega Nrg Man's tracks have the most wicked synth hooks judging by the demos. Likewise, I am glad that Jay Lehr's track sounds pretty interesting, for I really didn't enjoy Mystic Love at all :???: . I am pretty disappointed that there isn't much TIME male tracks (really do not like Elena at all). Likewise, Hi-Nrg Attack sounds spectacular, which is expected. I am excited based on these demos :!: . (Though Abeat is really losing it...I hope they actually do something with their male vocalists. Seriously, use Ace Warrior, Powerful T and Neo more effectively and take on GGM.)

I LOVE Gas Gas Gas!! I already know I will deem it as Manuel's finest! I really hope GGM can keep up with this pace...I really don't want to see them wane like Abeat :(
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

FaXMactor
Euro To B

Post by FaXMactor » 15 Sep 2007, 15:03

Wataru Akiyama wrote:
Sadie wrote:
Jion wrote: Greatest Quote Ever.
Oh wow...
Seriously. I'd toss aside my wife if I was married and Mr. Zanini strolled into the church.
Don't get married without confessing that to your bride :D

ROFL, I laughed so much

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 15 Sep 2007, 15:34

Whoever decides who gets to sing what has really been looking out for Manuel over his eurobeat career. With the exception of "All The Best", he's just NEVER given a bad song to sing, and he always does a great job with what he's given. I'm looking forward to hearing the full version of his track later.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm also like the Steve Miller cover, so far, from what can be heard of it.

BLOOD on FIRE has promise, too. It makes me want to hear more songs where SCP pulls together more than 2 of their vocalists together, so long as it's the harder, more powerful SCP style and not their more deviant ones...

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 15 Sep 2007, 19:16

It's official - Clara Moroni's appreciation for classic rock has moved me to think she is amazing. Steve Miller Band anyone? HELL YEAH! I might be going to their concert here soon, too~ ... Lovin' "Abracadabra", needless to say.

New Daniel song sounds decent - not as exciting as "Frontal Impact", but hey, good stuff.

Though I did not expect De Jorio back under Marko Polo, I still hoped. Sad... But the song sounds good to me.

"Catch My Fire" makes me happy~! xD;
I like Tomas' voice in this - he's not hitting higher notes, which is uncommon, and it sounds almost as though he's barely singing throughout the majority of the chorus. Yay for new Mega NRG Man songs dominating recent SEB CDs. :grin:
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 15 Sep 2007, 20:15

Agreed on the rating thing. The chorus is seldom enough for me to judge... however, give me ONE good Sabi... :grin: However, I must observe...

Being an HRG Fanboy, you knew this was coming... I actually REALLY LIKE Back in Danger! It sounds like they took the original HRG formula, added a pinch MORE of J-Pop (only a pinch; too much, and the song is too sugary-sweet), and managed to bump Franz's vocal range closer to what it was when he sang the classics. When HRG misses, it really misses, but when HRG hits, it HITS!
Actually, from what I heard from Maddy Lane's Lovers In The Night (NOT Baby Bazooka for those who may have ventured that guess), it sounds a bit darker, almost inspired by Midnight Lady. That, of course, is a GOOOOOOOD thing~ Actually, what's weird is, the vocals sound a bit like Jenny ROM and the main synth line almost sounds like Joga. 0_o

SCP seems to realize the impact of Go2, and their tracks so far have been great... not excellent, like their classic "Not For Sale" and the excellent "Power", but great enough. I only hope, though, that SCP does not get to the point of beating the cash cow if it goes dry.

Time seems to be a bit of a mixed card for me. What I've heard so far ranges from sort'a boring (almost EuroDance-ish in some cases... in fact, a FEW of the songs on here seem that way to me) to rather interesting. I suppose I'll have to reserve judgement even moreso for the eldest label.

Delta. They're so hot right now. Delta. :3
Daniel's still blooming a bit, and he's got some work to do in gaining a sort of presence he seems to lack in some of these songs... otherwise, Delta's got a solid lineup in these samples.

Can't fully tell who's GGM and who's ABeatC on this one... to be honest, with the exception of Jungle Fever, it seems sort of bland on both fronts...

...to be honest, I wonder if Dave Rodgers is doin' okay. If GGM is using Rodgers Studios, maybe he's focusing more on that end than ABeatC? If not... I miss when Dave put out the classics, and I don't think that the 180's should be his burial grounds for them either. In either case, though, ABeatC has really taken a fall even slightly before GGM hit the scene. Maybe it's motivation? I'm aware that producers from ABeatC and other labels read these posts, and that's why I post it here. Mr. Pasquini, in all due respect, what is stopping you from trying different approaches with ABeatC, raising the bar again? Do you need more artists? More males? More females? Maybe take a sebbatical (I'd imagine you've been busy lately, if not for the last few YEARS, y'know)?

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 15 Sep 2007, 20:19

zoupzuop2 wrote:The chorus is seldom enough for me to judge... however, give me ONE good Sabi... :grin:
for those of you who don't know, the sabi IS the chorus. The instrumental part is the intro.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 15 Sep 2007, 20:21

taQ wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:The chorus is seldom enough for me to judge... however, give me ONE good Sabi... :grin:
for those of you who don't know, the sabi IS the chorus. The instrumental part is the intro.
...dammit. Ignore me, I'll be quiet. ._.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 15 Sep 2007, 20:33

taQ wrote:for those of you who don't know, the sabi IS the chorus. The instrumental part is the intro.
Then, what would you call the part of a song before the first instrumental part?

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 15 Sep 2007, 21:13

i dont think theres a name for it, but ive always referred to it as the preintro.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Sep 2007, 23:53

I'm going to review this album once it's released, but I will make a few first impression comments in the mean time.

The album starts off with some very strong performances by Go 2 & Christine (they turned out to be quite an effective force in BLOOD on FIRE, which is by far the best track on here), Jeff Driller, Daniel (weird hearing him do a more eurodancy theme after his first few releases), Cherry, and even Jay Lehr, whose new track sounds a lot better than Mystic Love. But during the second half, most of these songs were boring, some of them really letting me down big time.

Of the 3 Elena Ferretti tracks (what), Love Desire 2007 actually sounded promising, but her other 2 performances were completely unnotable, as was the Chris Stanton track. It makes me sad to see TIME regress from their excellent state on 179 back to their dull mush that makes me sick and wishing they'd be taken off of Super Eurobeat. As if TIME wasn't bad enough, A-Beat C also blew it again big time. Nuage's track is likely her worst to date, the performances by Annalise and King & Queen did virtually nothing to interest me, and not even Mega NRG Man could improve matters. The album finally picked up the pace again with Matt Land's new song, and it only got better with the excellent Gas Gas Gas. Go 2's NRG was also solid, but I don't think it's their best or most effective creation to date.

So ultimately, SEB 181 seems to offer quite a few nice songs, but there's so much filler later on that the compilation's level isn't good enough to be one of the better SEB's we've had recently. SCP, Delta, and Hi-NRG Attack all seem to be in great shape, but A-Beat C and TIME ruined most of my enjoyment. It's worth getting for BLOOD on FIRE and Gas Gas Gas particularly, but I'd much rather have kept Saifam on the compilation rather than dump it in favor of the series being all about labels that rarely put out anything worth mentioning anymore.

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 16 Sep 2007, 01:41

So, finding out that there was a J-Euro version of BLOOD on FIRE, I went and searched it out, and after hearing it, should the English version stay as faithful sound-wise as it seems to, it's going to turn out SCP's best track since Shock Out.

This album could almost end up being right up there with 157 and 177, for me, if it delivers on the potential I see in it.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 16 Sep 2007, 01:41

jeurobeat wrote:
taQ wrote:for those of you who don't know, the sabi IS the chorus. The instrumental part is the intro.
Then, what would you call the part of a song before the first instrumental part?
For example, in De Leo - Another Life we call that part "sabi in the intro" lol.
So yeah, it's still intro (a part of intro).

intro - riff (instrumental part) - 1st verse (A melo) - bridge (B melo) - chorus
(sabi) - riff (instrumental part) - 2nd verse (A melo)...

But it depends on where you live how to call each part, so I think it's
difficult to integrate it. 8)
ImageImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Sep 2007, 02:03

I have a strong hunch that the magoraty of these songs were not created during the summer break, but rather pickedout from back catalogue to go with the more mellow theme of this cd. AVEX is probly trying to get us back into the rythem of things. I still think this cd to have some very nice surprises and I can't wait to have it 8)

Jion

Post by Jion » 16 Sep 2007, 03:03

I think out of all the songs, NRG is the newest. The main SCP site not too long ago put the thing out on their site about Go 2 back in the studio and it was just recently taught in the clubs.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 16 Sep 2007, 10:28

Nooooooooo I can't connect to the clips at work X_x I'll have to wait till I get home to take a listen~ ;D