Initial D Fourth Stage Music Complete Box

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Initial D Fourth Stage Music Complete Box

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 07 Oct 2007, 10:31

http://www.avexmovie.jp/lineup/initial/initial.html

So Avex is finally catching on that they can tempt you to rebuy the SAME albums as a boxset, just so you get:

Disc 2:
06 Ace - Power Of Sound (Extended)
08 Ace - Tokyo Lights (Extended)

Disc 4:
12 Neo - Takumi (Extended)

So, there you have it. Avex has found possibly the most expensive way of stinging people who really want Tokyo Lights and Takumi as standalone edits. Unless, of course, you don't already own the separate discs! Almost tempted to buy the inevitable cheap bootleg of this set just to spite Avex for doing this!

Oh, and I'm gonna post part of Avex's quoted tracklist for Disc 3, for sheer amusement value :D

07 Fastway - STEEL BLADE
08 Norma Sheffield - KINGO KING'O BEAT
09 Nick Mansell - I JUST WANNA CALL YOU NOW
10 Karen - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

M;.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 07 Oct 2007, 10:54

Haha christ that tracklisting is full of errors and typos. Avex have really topped themselves this time around.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Re: Initial D Fourth Stage Music Complete Box

Post by para_rigby » 07 Oct 2007, 13:57

07 Fastway - STEEL BLADE
08 Norma Sheffield - KINGO KING'O BEAT
09 Nick Mansell - I JUST WANNA CALL YOU NOW
10 Karen - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

M;.
I think they meant
FASTWAY/ KINGO KING'O BEAT
NORMA SHEFFIELD/ I JUST WANNA CALL YOU NOW
NICK MANSELL/ MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
KAREN (can't remember the song, but the one on 165)
JEAN LOVE/ STEEL BLADE

Sounds totally pointless the buy the box-set seeing how you can get song off of mu-mo or other ID cds.

BTW, why would ID feature a Norma song? Sounds kinda odd if you ask me. I do like the song though. [/quote]

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 07 Oct 2007, 14:56

I would totally buy that set right now if it really WAS Norma doing Kingo King'O Beat. Just to hear how that would sound.

Shame really. :P
para_rigby wrote:BTW, why would ID feature a Norma song? Sounds kinda odd if you ask me. I do like the song though.
Her third song in the series, I think. I guess the closest they can get to a requisite ballad? 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 Oct 2007, 15:01

para_rigby wrote:BTW, why would ID feature a Norma song? Sounds kinda odd if you ask me. I do like the song though.
Well, they seem to be unafraid to put on just about any type of eurobeat onto the show. Norma by far isn't the weirdest example of these unusual selections. Do songs like Getting The Fever, Switch, So Fragile, Promised Land, and especially Just For Me really make you want to drive? :???:

I'm going to step in and say that ID needs to feature more Delta again. I could definitely see tracks such as Running Ninja blasting during the race scenes of the show.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 07 Oct 2007, 17:27

#Infinity wrote:
Well, they seem to be unafraid to put on just about any type of eurobeat onto the show. Norma by far isn't the weirdest example of these unusual selections. Do songs like Getting The Fever, Switch, So Fragile, Promised Land, and especially Just For Me really make you want to drive? :???:

I'm going to step in and say that ID needs to feature more Delta again. I could definitely see tracks such as Running Ninja blasting during the race scenes of the show.
ANNNNY Type? OBJECTION!!!!!!111ONE!

Counterevidence 1: The sheer LACK of HRG, barring Wings of Fire.
I rest my case.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 07 Oct 2007, 19:48

para_rigby wrote:I think they meant
FASTWAY/ KINGO KING'O BEAT
NORMA SHEFFIELD/ I JUST WANNA CALL YOU NOW
NICK MANSELL/ MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
KAREN (can't remember the song, but the one on 165)
JEAN LOVE/ STEEL BLADE
Yes, I'm already aware of that ;) Hence why I was pointing it out for such hilarity - clearly they lined up the artists/tracks incorrectly when typing the names in. Hopefully they won't appear that way on the boxset, although it would be quite amusing if they did!

I must confess, the 13000 yen price tag for this album prices it way above what I would ever hope to get by reselling the 3 ID CDs I bought separately. I'm hoping I might be able to get WAV/lossless copies of those three songs somehow, but we'll have to see...

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 07 Oct 2007, 22:08

para_rigby wrote:Sounds totally pointless the buy the box-set seeing how you can get song off of mu-mo or other ID cds.
Well, it's the first to include the full version of Tokyo Lights...
...which wasn't actually even featured in Initial D BTW, but hey, who cares? :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 08 Oct 2007, 06:51

The best Initail D cd ever is: Super Eurobeat Presents - Initial D - Battle Stage 2. I counted 11 TIME trax and one hell of a NEO remake from Dave Rodgers. AVEX finally got the list right 8) In fact, aside from the ACE duets, the only other song I would "Switch" would be "Back On The Rocks" not .because it's a bad song, but because it's too old :P

..and zoupzuop2, you are right! Where is the HRG Attack love?

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 08 Oct 2007, 10:56

#Infinity wrote:
I thought Promised Land actually fitted the scene it was in, especially the end of it.

They also put Queen Of Times - Ever And Ever in 2nd Stage, which was really old in the first place, but it also fit the scene, cause it wasn't actually a driving moment IIRC.

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 09 Oct 2007, 16:02

$110+ for Tokyo Lights....

Avex hates me >.<

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 12 Oct 2007, 17:00

It's an Initial D thing... surely some initial d fan will buy it then leech the extendeds on some certain forum :)