Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 02 Nov 2007, 13:43

I've noticed that trend a lot with Hi-NRG's newer stuff - they tend to make their songs SEB Radio edit length instead of full extended. Probably a conscious decision given most of them never see the light of day in extended.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Nov 2007, 20:56

Bore wrote
Nope, I compared the track lengths to the SEB edits and they're the same... Or well I guess Pistol Man *can* be extended with a whopping 10 seconds to spare..... but Black Night Cadillac at least is the very same one as on SEB.
Hmm... Pointless IMOP :? I mean these were great, but they have so much more unheard material, it just seems like a crime to include allready released SEB songs. Concidering that most of thier newer SEB material runs up to 4:18 mins, we could easily see one of those on the next extended volume :|

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 03 Nov 2007, 04:16

Actually, I'm glad they're releasing SEB-released songs. Think about what the Euron00bs were missing out on before, now they can hear those songs! I mean, why wasn't Suck A Bazooka released before? The rehash (in SOME cases... did we NEED Baby Bazooka's Caballero With Sombrero AGAIN when we could've had the original?) is a good thing for making new fans. We could even attain new members, who knows?

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 03 Nov 2007, 05:25

zoupzuop2 wrote:Actually, I'm glad they're releasing SEB-released songs. Think about what the Euron00bs were missing out on before, now they can hear those songs! I mean, why wasn't Suck A Bazooka released before? The rehash (in SOME cases... did we NEED Baby Bazooka's Caballero With Sombrero AGAIN when we could've had the original?) is a good thing for making new fans. We could even attain new members, who knows?
The original is already on iTunes.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Nov 2007, 05:56

Here's a review of Tornado & Friends 2 for you guys:

1. Black Night Cadillac / Joe D. Toaster: (8+)
I won't complain right now about this showing up here for little reason when other Joe D. Toaster songs (Fun Go Fandango or Aphrodite) could've easily replaced it, so I'll just give it a normal review to look beyond that. This track features a pretty nice, unique melody, which is always appreciated in eurobeat, however drawbacks would be that the verse isn't really all that catchy, while the synths are fine but nothing to get excited over. A bold attempt at being more diverse, but it still doesn't stand out the way it should've.

2. Oh Oh Cowboy / Jeff Driller: (9)
Some nice, energetic material from Rimonti's most-used alias with great production all-around. The melody draws close influences to wild-western themes, which makes it even more unique and quite fun to listen to. Not the next big thing to ever happen to Hi-NRG Attack, but really catchy and surely worthy of its appearance on here.

3. Pistol Man / Garcon: (9+)
Festari's previous track wasn't the best he could pull off, but fortunately here we get some far stronger material. It doesn't stand on its own as a rather unique performance, but I can't really complain about that with all the powerful synths and hardcore vocals driving the song without losing speed. Very energetic and memorable, it was great back on SEB 153 and still sounds just as catchy as ever.

4. Gucci Girl / Cindy: (10+++)
I liked this song when I originally heard it on Euromach 1, but as a completed package it managed to blow me away more than I would've ever expected. Its true magnificence revealed to me just in time for me to love the extended version, and all I can say is that's it's just completely perfect in practically every way I can think. Usually, I don't think HRG's pitched up female vocals ultimately work out very well, but here I think they fit the song's cheery bubbliness more than anything, and yet still the singer provides some excellent tone and quality from her voice. The melodies are ingenious, the synths are very catchy and highly-produced, and the lyrics are just plain irresistable. All the basic ingredients of this track just fit together fantastically, and ultimately you're left with a perfect model female performance Hi-NRG Attack should definitely follow in the future to produce massive hits.

5. Hey Hey Velfarre / Bazooka Girl: (8½)
And here's the final missing piece of the puzzle to the "Velfarre trilogy" produced by Hi-NRG Attack sometime shortly after the conclusion of the Euromach series. Alice is definitely the one singing here and she puts off quite a show in many ways; it's just too bad the lyrics eventually lose originality, also the sparse usage of her vocals causes it to progress rather oddly. Still, very power-packed and fun to listen to, especially if you're a fan of Bazooka Girl.

6. Caballero With Sombrero / Baby Bazooka: (10-)
I already reviewed this, but honestly, I'd rather hear the original version in its entirety - I hate the Euromach cut because the final chorus is interfered by a few lines from the next track on the CD, California Girl by Mote Mote. And no, I don't want to listen to Motto-Motto Inamoto nearly as much as I want to listen to Caballero With Sombrero (the new, Japanese-based words just don't fit the song the way the original, Spanish ones did).

7. Suck-A-Bazooka (what on earth at the iTunes title censoring, seriously) / Franz "mad cow" Tornado and the Bazooka Girls: (10)
We've known this song for nearly a year now, and it's still definitely one of the more memorable performances Franz Tornado ever put out for fans. Whenever you see his name pop up, you can definitely expect quality if you enjoy his style. This track makes excellent progress and features one heck of a catchy chorus, as well as some energetic synths put into superb usage by Rimonti's gritty, powerful vocals. Fans of Hi-NRG Attack should definitely keep this deep into their collection.

8. Boom Boom Chocolate / Beat Man: (8+)
Tam Arrow pulls off a dose of his nice, typical style with this track. An all-around solid track with good lyrics and a good c-melody, if not the biggest standout on the compilation, either.

9. Bazooka Girl / Bazooka Girl: (9½)
Heh, this song's really a lot of fun to play. The first major thing that struck me about it was that the intro's structure was directly borrowed from the track's older cousin, Bazooka Man. Other than that, there aren't really any significant similarities between the two songs other than probably the choruses, but still we're promised with quality from start to finish. The c-melody is catchy and well-produced, the lyrics are a ton of fun (as usual in any Bazooka Girl track), and overall the package turns out quite nicely with all the right elements for a solid hit.

10. Blah Blah Ringo / Jungle Bill: (8½)
I already downloaded this from ParaparaMoo, Vol. 2, so I don't really see the point of putting it here as well. Having already listened to it several times, I can't exactly say it's the strongest performance Rimonti has ever done. To be honest though, I'm pretty torn about this track. The rather straightforward chorus and c-melody become addicting very quickly, making for a fun little track to play, but if you overexpose it, it just won't leave your head no matter what and begins to get on your nerves as it continues looping throughout your brain. A song that you can definitely have fun with, but just don't let it take over you or else.

11. Manga Super Robot / Babby One: (9+)
Hands down, Babby One is easily one of Tam Arrow's strongest Hi-NRG Attack aliases, and this example sure proves why that's so. Energetic sounds meet a strong approach to eurobeat with this fun-packed production. The c-melody and verse both keep the energy flowing excellently throughout the duration, and though it starts to slightly lose edge as it finally reaches the chorus, it's not enough to completely hurt a great track from the start. An excellent final track to yet another awesome Tornado & Friends compilation.

FINAL SCORE: 9

The first Tornado & Friends was one of the best compilations Hi-NRG Attack released themselves, and its sequel definitely isn't far behind. While some of the repeats here seemed a little unnecessary, the inclusion of the full versions of a few of the best productions Hi-NRG Attack ever put out, as well as some excellent new tracks as well still makes it a varied and rewarding compilation for HRG fans. Definitely worth picking up, even if you might just want to download a few of the tracks you don't already own.

KitsuneStar wrote:The original is already on iTunes.
No, not exactly. I suspect you're thinking of Motto-Motto Inamoto (Caballero Remix) from ParaparaMoo, Vol. 1 (alternately the non-iTunes SEB 159), which to me loses to its original counterpart for reasons already stated.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 03 Nov 2007, 09:08

KitsuneStar wrote:The original is already on iTunes.
mu-mo, actually.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Nov 2007, 21:27

Nice to know thier are at least a few Claudio Magnani trax in that Compilation 8) I've never really tried reviewing HRG compilations ,because, well they are all great, But I'll take my stsnd out track and work my way from there. Be warned very HIGH grades ahead 8)

1. Joe D. Toaster- Black Night Cadillac. I still remeber the perfection of SEB 153. I still don't understand why the same version appears. I would have liked an extended, and with so many titles under his belt. Joe could have presented us a new song. That aside, this song still works well after a year or so. The chorus is addictive and great sing a long material.
8+/10

2. Jeff Driller- Oh Oh Cowboy- Rimonti sounds great on this track. The melody is HRG Attack addictive and the riff uses inspirations from Italo hits gone by. The intro and break works marvelously with it's Clint Eastwood western effects. The numbers game it plays with the verses gives the song incredible catchyness and the female backup sounds very Moto Moto Inamotto style, but it's that chorus that has this song on replay on my player. Rhyming CowBoy with Little Toy is always HRG effective
10/10

3. Garcon- Pistol Man- So from Cowboys we go to pistols. They sure like to play with guns at Live Music studio. I still miss the original vocalist for Garcon, but here the vocals work effective enuff, again because of the hyped female backup. Someone once mentioned that this song carried out a melody of "Jingle Bells" in the chorus. We also get a slightly different version then SEB 153. I think they added a few seconds. It doesn't really stand out as much for me .but still a good track.
8/10

4. Cindy- Gucci Girl- Ah yes the Happy hyped Euromach hit. I love this song, but it's not the stanout for me. I rmember that bridge leading up to the chorus, which is still my favorite part, but as far as superhypedEuromach hits go, "Ike Ike" is still my fav. "Push Me Boom Boom" and "Sex On The Beach" are still my all-TIME favorites from her alias.
8+/10

5. Bazooka Girl- Hey Hey Velfare- Not living out there where all the action is(Japan), I never really acssociate this songs they way others do. Here we have part 3 from that Velfare trilogy. It's a nice song, but I feel the riff to be out of place. It sounds like it would be more suited for a Tam Arrow song. EveryTIME I hear the chorus, for some strange reason I'm remeinded of the song "O Sole Mio" I don't know why, but the first line in the chorus sounds really off with the rest of the production.
7/10

6. Baby Bazooka- Caballero with Sombrero- More Cowboy based songs. Baby Greta on vocals sounds sweet as ever. I do knda perfer "Motto Motto.." to this one, but it's just cause of Rimonti's vocals. That aside, this song is still great fun all around. Not a bull's eye, but definately on loop.
9/10

7. Franz Tornado & the Bazooka Girls- Suck-A- Bazooka. I allways ascociate this song with SEX. I like how Federico plays with the lyrics and sings Zuka instead of Suck -a. The female backup allways provide the sexyness of the song. Sounds like Cindy to me. I'm so very glad to have this in Cd, since the vinyl escaped me. Incredible intro and A melody line reminding a lot of "Mad Cow" esp. in the chorus. I allways admire HRG Attack for using similiar melodies with certain Aliases, so it won't be so confusing to keep track of them. Here he have very evident trumpet sounds playing on the synths and the break is as incredibale as I ever imagined. What can I say? Perfect song! 8)
10/10

8. BeatMan- Boom Boom Chocolate- Oooowee! Claudio is back. Well kinda. At least he appearss on a few songs. The song is very Tam Arrow style in the Riff, but goes a more "Kosmic Woofer" in the overall melody. I love his rhyming words like Passion, reaction and action. His vocal abilities really stand out on thsi track. Reminds me so much the style he used at TIME. On Akyr, he sounds a bit more hyped, but his tone works well too. Any song with the word "Boom Boom" is MEGA and here it's given a comical effect, but not silly at all. Another flawless entry form HRG Attack!
10/10

9. Bazooka Girl- Bazooka Girl- Another Bazooka Girl entry. Is Christina still doing vocals? What I love about this song is the rehashed intro from Garcon's classic; "Bazooka Man" I dare say the melody in the chorus works even more so on this version. The hype vocals work so marvelously on this track it's incredible how LIVE Music shoots powerful themes again & again. I'm usually very good at pinpointing where I have heard certain melodies, but this TIME I'm stumped. I know it's classic. There is the break again. Wonderful. I think they should have used a little male vocal like they used female on the original. "Bazooka Girl, MMM Let me see"
10/10

10. Jungle Bill- Blah Blah Ringo- More Western theme songs? I agree on the previous comment about overdoing it. The song stuck on my head and it really was the first TIME ,I heard it, so I, at least was happy it was included, but it did get on my nerves just a tadd. I can't explain it, but I think at has to do with the fact that I just want to jump to the next track so fast. Ha ha. Still a great song
8/10

11. Babby One- Magna Super Robot- Hell yes! The definate stand out track for me. Babby One has been on e of my favorite Claudio aliases since "Superknife" and shows no sign of slowing down. This one and "Boom Boom Chocolate" are from the Golden Euromach era catalogue -wise, so I understand why they are so great. The song actually starts off very "Superknife" like intro and blasts right into the De Niro "King Of The World" synth progression. What I love is the way the female backup repeats everyline Claudio sings right after his turn. The "Ohhohhs" are not spared at all, but they give his vocals amazing Power esp. in the chorus, much like he usually uses the "aiyaiyaiyy" effect. I must thank Live Music Team for this "Spacy" sounding gem of a bomba. This is HRG Attack at thier best! I want More More More!!!
10++++++++infinity

Wow this compilation really blew me off my feet. Anyone out there keen on posting the lyrics?

I'm really looking forward to HRG Attack oldies. I hope we start to get some extendeds of Eurobeat Flash material too. Any tracklist yet?

-Speedy-
Euro To B

Post by -Speedy- » 09 Nov 2007, 15:17

From now on some HI-NRG Attack singles in 192, 320 bitrate or even in wav quality are available on http://www.junodownload.com/labels/Hi+NRG+Attack/ !!

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 09 Nov 2007, 17:19

At least! That's what I talkin' about!
If somebody read this at Livemusic, I will buy every song (what I don't have already) in wav format!
Just keep releasing more on juno! I want quality, forget that useless iTunes, they kill music.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 09 Nov 2007, 17:23

WHOA HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Somebody at Hi-NRG was clearly reading our pleas ;)

My credit card is taking a beating tonight! :evil:

Here's hoping they release some more this way! Good prices too!

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 09 Nov 2007, 22:52

Hi-Nrg Attack knows how to please their fans (at least you guys shoud have been happy that they offered unrelesed tracks :-x ), but it is very cool that they are releasing singles at higher quality. Here is hoping for Mazinkaiser Superstar extended! That song is simply the best of Hi-Nrg Attack.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 10 Nov 2007, 00:46

Why does Hi-NRG Attack always release practically entirely material from the Euromach era and not their newest stuff on their CD's? To be honest, I'm getting rather tired of hearing that particular style after a while and I'm just want to hear some of their more recent numbers since I think they've improved lately, based on what we're hearing from the most recent SEB entries they've put out.

Tornado & Friends 1 (their best CD) was about as new as they ever got, and that came out over 2 years ago. Even after all the material we have gotten from them, it's starting to become quite repetitive and occasionally boring after a while.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 10 Nov 2007, 09:26

Hey Infinty, there is so much unreleased material. I'm actually really glad they pick out songs from thier Euromach and newer era. It's great to hear those older Baby One and Beat Man songs sung by Claudio and we got Gucci Girl and Bazooka Girl. When you really dig HRG Attack, you are just glad to get thier songs in extended version , instead of 2 min Euromach mixes. It's all good 8)

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 10 Nov 2007, 12:27

5 more releases on Juno this morning!!!

HRG 226: Louise / Because I'm Loving You
HRG 227: Boogaboo / I'll Be Your King Kong
HRG 228: Dolly Pop / Living Together
HRG 229: Jeff Driller / Foxy Lady
HRG 230: Mara Nell / You Won't Cry Tonight

They appear to be going in catalogue order from HRG 221 upwards - so possibly they'll release these next:

HRG 231: Baby Gold / Gimme Za Nite
HRG 232: Nikita Jr. / Saturday Night
HRG 233: Lilly / I'll Never Leave You Alone
HRG 234: Tri-Star (Chris - Garcon - Nikita Jr.) / Dancing at Twin Star
HRG 235: Lou-Lou Marina / You Are My Paradise

?

Here's hoping! :)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 10 Nov 2007, 16:51

Dolly Pop - Living Together = <3 <3 <3

One of my favourite tracks from the Eurobeat Flash days!! :)

Hi-NRG Attack have a lot more depth than the SEB releases often portray, and hopefully these releases will make people realise how many more awesome songs there are lurking in the vaults! ;)