Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 20 Feb 2012, 03:30

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:Then the Techno Viking God, TECHNO ODIN, will come down to Earth and revive all the old Eurobeat series we don't listen to anymore, like That's Eurobeat. :evil:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:Techno Odin
BRB, writing a Eurobeat song about quite possibly the coolest dance-music deity ever. I wish I had the time to do that for real...
Oh god please do this. I will poop a little in my pants from joy and happiness. And make it Dub eurobeat, or for GODLY flavor, an old school super eurobeat sound.

And then make some companion tracks about the Eurobeat Norns, Verdandi, Urd, and Skuld. You may have heard of them. They're big in Japan.

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 20 Feb 2012, 04:18

zoupzuop2 wrote:I for one congratulate Live Music Studio in dabbling in a genre that actually sells well. If producers didn't dabble in newer, more profitable genres, Eurobeat would have sounded exactly like Italo Disco for the last 20 years.

By the way, not only have dubstep remixes been made of my own tunes, but I've also mixed dubstep into one of my own tunes, and it's got nearly 300,000 views on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDMGv3hNMes It combines dubstep, rock, polka and Toccata & Fugue with a fast/aggressive Eurobeat style (and borrows from "Speed Man" by Dave Simon). Fans are consistently asking me what this genre is, where to find it... and where to buy it. This song is available for free and they choose to, on average, pay MORE than the standard 99¢ for it.

A Eurobeat song with dubstep in it... is getting new people who have never heard of the genre before... to pay for Eurobeat music on the internet. Meanwhile, the genre hasn't exploded in a cataclysmic, firey ball. Imagine that. Maybe it's not the worst thing that could happen.

Shine on, Live Music Studio, you crazy diamonds you. I don't love EVERY song you've made, and our opinions on Vocaloid may differ, but... bless you for experimenting, dabbling, trying something new, daring to fail and anger fans in the effort to transcend the genre. If I can do it, you guys can do even better with it.
Meh @ hi-nrg attack and their single vocalist who was never a favourite of mine.

Now I'm glad you brought up Ponybeat volume 2! I had no idea it came out, how did I miss this? Bought :) epic job on Discord!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Feb 2012, 05:00

the_ditz
If someone knows something (DarkSky or anyone else in direct contact with avex), please just post a "yes or no" as to whether Super Eurobeat will continue (i.e. will they release 221?)
He already said SEB will go on a few pages back. :)

Now for this Dub Step; I'm beggining to see that it has its place. Now that I can detect its precence; I would say it sounds quite appropriate in the breakdowns of certain pop songs. The video extended version of Britney Spears- Hold It Against Me, knew exactly the right dose to inject to give the song an aggressive feel, without hurting the melody. There are other examples, like Breath Carolona- Blackout ect.. but it can also be quite scarey when injected in songs like Nickelback- Lullabye. It just doesn't work.

I have not heard the HRG attack previews, so I don't know it they are usung the dub step only in the break; which could work, or throughout the whole song, which would proboly be a turn off. :???:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2012, 06:18

the_ditz wrote:Okay, this thread is getting a bit tetchy...

If someone knows something (DarkSky or anyone else in direct contact with avex), please just post a "yes or no" as to whether Super Eurobeat will continue (i.e. will they release 221?)

That way, we can quit all the fever-pitch end-of-the-world prophecies and actually start looking forward.

Is that too much to ask? Surely avex wouldn't ban someone from saying whether the series will continue or not?
Exactly my thoughts. DarkSky stop posting vague and cryptic message and just say it already.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 20 Feb 2012, 07:54

the_ditz wrote:Okay, this thread is getting a bit tetchy...

That way, we can quit all the fever-pitch end-of-the-world prophecies and actually start looking forward.

Is that too much to ask? Surely avex wouldn't ban someone from saying whether the series will continue or not?
I already said. The answer is YES.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2012, 09:00

DarkSky wrote:I already said. The answer is YES.
Alright then... the question, now, is "When".
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Feb 2012, 09:13

Thank you. Previously all that had been said was that "Super Eurobeat" would continue, but since they had that crappy Super Hatsune Beat compilation on the horizon, for all we knew that might have been the future of the Super Eurobeat series. But now at least we know that SEB 221 will be released sometime in the future.

So enough of the Super Eurobeat is dead talk please - especially in the Hi-NRG Attack thread! ;)

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 20 Feb 2012, 09:47

Avex never made a current annoncement that series will continue
(and that vague eurobeat go on statement that might have been in a dvd doesn't count, since it was made long ago and when 2012/02/01 was still a release date for SEB 221, ...and that was before the *delay" occured)......

BTW, who is a source of this * yes* info..??..

I still think that if you wish to get a direct info, you should get it Avex direct..or we may as well be inviting Uri Geller for some spoon bending...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Feb 2012, 11:19

Vadim wrote:BTW, who is a source of this * yes* info..??..
Don't forget that DarkSky works for Dima. So, he's an insider and his info can be "considered" legit. At least, imho.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Mar 2012, 06:46

Back to the actual subject matter at hand.

I finally heard the new trax. I'm totally dismssing the hello kitty mixes or whatever thier point is? Who is actually enjoying the vocal quality of this effect? Anyway, I really dig the original new trax, cuz they use the real vocal tone. The songs themselves are pretty good, but I'm still getting the feel for them. For now ; my favouites would be

"Your Smile" from Baby Gold. Comparing a smile to Gasoline is pretty out of this world, but also very original idea.

Michelle Rose is also one of my favourite artists on HRG team and I love the intro to Queen Of Your Nights.

Welcome To My Heaven from Cindy sounds very powerful and the riff is too familiar to dismiss, but what really stands out are her vocals. She sounds really laid back in the verses. I can imagine her sitting on one of those luxury sofas with a glass of champaigne in her hand as she invites me into her seduction den. Don't remember her sounding that relaxed, but I like it.

Shake Me To The Power and You Got The Power are very similiar in theme. They sound nice, but not grabbing my full attention yet. maybe with a few more playbacks?

Back To The 80s is still too progressive for me to fully get into. Maybe if they work on this style more, I'll begin to enjoy it more?

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 02 Mar 2012, 06:30

Lebon14 wrote:
DarkSky wrote:I already said. The answer is YES.
Alright then... the question, now, is "When".
Actually I really don't know, we haven't got any new from Avex yet. All I know is that they have plans to continue but they're probably still discussing the way this should happen. Like non-stop mixes? etc.. and also the idea of vocaloid stuff will probably be talked about. So far, no news.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 02 Mar 2012, 09:28

don't make SEB into non-stop mixes...since masses of international people clearly preffer full radio or extended tracks...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 Mar 2012, 17:17

Vadim wrote:don't make SEB into non-stop mixes...since masses of international people clearly preffer full radio or extended tracks...
Indeed. I only like non-stop mixes when there are no new tracks.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 02 Mar 2012, 18:07

Lebon14 wrote:
Vadim wrote:don't make SEB into non-stop mixes...since masses of international people clearly preffer full radio or extended tracks...
Indeed. I only like non-stop mixes when there are no new tracks.
+1. This is why it was such a big deal when HRG, Vibration, and Avex released the full versions of their Euromach tracks on iTunes or elsewhere. There are still plenty of nonstop-only tracks that I'm dying to have in their entirety, especially Midnight by Tomas Lee and Hey Ho, Let's Go by Dusty.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 Mar 2012, 20:59

Megan188 wrote:+1. This is why it was such a big deal when HRG, Vibration, and Avex released the full versions of their Euromach tracks on iTunes or elsewhere. There are still plenty of nonstop-only tracks that I'm dying to have in their entirety, especially Midnight by Tomas Lee and Hey Ho, Let's Go by Dusty.
Personnaly, I want the tracks from SEB 197, 198 and 199 in extended. I already have a few (like those Hi-NRG Attack ones), Delta Queen's "Summer Boy, Summer Girl" and a couple of others. I've been dying to get a good quality version of "Love Countdown" by Fastway.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!