Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 26 Oct 2011, 02:02

Super Duper Eurobeat Vol.6 is up on Juno
http://www.junodownload.com/products/su ... 853083-02/
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Oct 2011, 03:20

now that's what I call great news! and with some appropriate samples to go along. and alas, I cannot forget to compliment on a very tasty cover sleeve.

Finally gota achance to preview those new songs. I have to admit that quite a few have an Italo feel in the chorus melodies.

A few first imprssions

1. Leslie Hammond- Run & Run
Great song to get the mood going, but we alrerady have this on SEB
:grin:

2. Mika La Do- Walky Talky Doki Doki
Wow! A brand new riff idea that I can't say I've heard before. A bit chaotic, but works fine for this uplifting number.
:D

3. Mara Nell- I Get Burning Doctor Doctor.
Old skool Hrg Attack all the way that would sound great on Euromach series.

4. Jeff Driller- Hummer Supercar
Rimonti sounds great. I actually like this one better than the Big Tornado song from SEB series. The riff is mind blowing.
:D 8)

5. Miss Joke- Rock Me Into The Night
Miss Joke is usually on a happy high. Nice song, but not entirely my cup of tea. I like the melody in the verses too.
:)

6. Rikky 1- Run Adventure In My Car
Sounds different than the guy who sang Hi Hi Baby Frankenstein, but I love the whole groove of this song. The inserted synths all throughout the song keep the running theme alive and the chorus has a very distinct Italo melody. His vocals have that Gambogi(Mr. M.) tone to them.

7. Cy-Ro- Never Gonna Stop
Much better than both Jump To The Sound and No Money No Honey. His vocals have a little more strain to them and he sounds great during the verses. The Chorus is total Italo bliss. You can tell by the synth tones that it's a newer song that AVEX probly passed up. Probly be one of the first songs I purchase tonight.
8) 8) 8)

8. Joe Banana- 2012
Just as I expected,Cataclysm Night under a different name. Amazing song, but we all have it allready.

9. Black Eva & Nick Turbo- Running To My Car
Now this is quite special. After all this TIME, we finally get a great HRG duet in all its extended glory. Allways loved this song and the way they both try to take the spotlight..

10. Joe Banana- My Spy Guy
Allready appeared on an earlier Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars compilation. However, it sounds better among this new bunch.

11. Garcon- Downtown Lady
We all love a certain style from HRG Attack. I gotta say the way the synths are played is very 90's style and my complete bullseye. A perfect Harmony to an allready perfect chorus makes this one of my standouts and the break is out of this world. The pianos are the key touch to this great piece of Eurobeat art.
:D 8) 8)

Now I'm off to get these songs 8)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 26 Oct 2011, 04:21

The only two worthwhile tracks unfortunately are the Riki 1 song and Never Gonna Stop by CY-RO. All the other tracks are typical... I'm somewhat disappointed in this release...
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 26 Oct 2011, 06:00

drnrg wrote:6. Rikky 1- Run Adventure In My Car
Sounds different than the guy who sang Hi Hi Baby Frankenstein, but I love the whole groove of this song. The inserted synths all throughout the song keep the running theme alive and the chorus has a very distinct Italo melody. His vocals have that Gambogi(Mr. M.) tone to them.
I've heard the whole song, and I think it's definitely the same person (Alessio Novi) who did Baby Frankenstein, as well as other Euromach-era songs such as She's My Baby Chevrolet, Shake Shake Shake, and Street Boy. It certainly isn't Roberto Festari as I initially feared before the track was released (not that I dislike him, it's just that he does well over half the male stuff at HRG these days, and I miss the time when there were more vocalists).
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Oct 2011, 10:12

#Infinity
I've heard the whole song, and I think it's definitely the same person (Alessio Novi) who did Baby Frankenstein, as well as other Euromach-era songs such as She's My Baby Chevrolet, Shake Shake Shake, and Street Boy. It certainly isn't Roberto Festari as I initially feared before the track was released (not that I dislike him, it's just that he does well over half the male stuff at HRG these days, and I miss the time when there were more vocalists).
Coincedently, I went ahead and listened to those songs and I think you are right. It's him. he just sounds a bit different. I miss those days and I miss Claudio Magnani at HRG Attack probobly most of all. He is one vocalist who sounds just right on any label.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 27 Oct 2011, 21:11

If it's one thing I will comend HRG on is the fact that they do have a lot of energy in their tracks. The problem I have with this style of energetic tracks is that it lacks originality. If the tracks featured a style similar to the end of Eurobeat Flash to Euromach 10 era, I would be much happier. Plus female vocals that aren't pitched. I truly think that Avex needs to pursue this but I know they never will =(
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 01 Nov 2011, 17:55

Tracklist Italo Disco Evolution is finally on I-Tunes:

01 HARD TO SAY I'M SORRY | MICHELLE ROSE
02 THE MAGIC OF SUNSHINE | CIAO CIAO
03 PRETTY WOMAN | FRANCIS COOPER
04 CATCH ME | GARCON
05 CRAZY DIAMOND | JOE D TOASTER
06 DON'T CRY TONIGHT | CIAO CIAO
07 I BELIEVE IN MIRACLE | LILLY
08 NO CONTROL | CY-RO
09 LOVER FOR TONIGHT | CY-RO
10 TOUCH ME BABY | NIKITA JR
11 IT'S ALL UP TO YOU | CY-RO

>> great compilation, waiting for volume 2 <<

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Nov 2011, 18:54

Of the three unreleased tracks, Lover For Tonight is the best by a million miles - I adore that synth melody in the hook, and the verses are also great. No Control is also very good - I love the little synth flourishes in the verse with the piano chords, and also the way you have the lower and higher vocal octaves in the chorus.

Catch Me probably sounds the most authentically 80's, but the vocals are a bit ropey for me in various sections and the melodies just don't excite me as much as the two Cy-Ro tracks.

Bit strange that Cherry Lips and Rainy Days weren't featured on here (coinciedentally, they are my two favourite new-italo male Hi-NRG Attack that have featured on SEB) but maybe there will be a volume 2 in the future with them. :)

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Nov 2011, 01:26

No Control / Cy-Ro -> the riff is awesome, but chorus is very weak vocally. They can do better than that...

Lover For Tonight / Cy-Ro -> it's okay. riff seems average to me.

The new songs don't even touch the likes of Gogo the Night or Cherry Lips...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Nov 2011, 03:52

I'll have to wait for Juno to preview the new trax, but the majoraty are repeats.

I still think these songs should have an Italo vibe to them, so I guess they will appear on vol. 2 :???:
HRG832 Cy- Ro- Forever Say Goodbye
HRG840 Michelle Rose- I Remeber
HRG853 Francis Cooper- Maybe In The Dark

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 02 Nov 2011, 17:41

Bit strange that Cherry Lips and Rainy Days weren't featured on here
For this at least a second volume has to show up soon :grin:
Go Go the night should be on it as well. And I hope the tracks drnrg mentioned will be included.

I was thinking perhaps the 'Live Music' tracks --> Jaygunner and Lucky de Nice would have been released too on vol.1.

Perhaps Drnrg can create a great sleeve for this cd? I like the songs very much but I don't like the album art.

Garcon-Catch me sounds very PWL-ish :grin:
Cy-Ro's No Control is verrry good too. I like these two tracks more than "Lover for tonight".

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Nov 2011, 02:41

drnrg wrote:I'll have to wait for Juno to preview the new trax, but the majoraty are repeats.

I still think these songs should have an Italo vibe to them, so I guess they will appear on vol. 2 :???:
HRG832 Cy- Ro- Forever Say Goodbye
HRG840 Michelle Rose- I Remeber
HRG853 Francis Cooper- Maybe In The Dark
Don't forget that "You Are In Love" by Michelle Rose didn't make it either. Personnaly, I didn't even check that release... I'm not interrested.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Nov 2011, 12:19

drnrg wrote:I'll have to wait for Juno to preview the new trax, but the majoraty are repeats.
Oh no you won't - here are the previews from iTunes so you can listen to them right now.

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/84755087/file.html

Order:

1. Garcon - Catch Me
2. Cy-Ro - No Control
3. Cy-Ro - Lover For Tonight

Having bought these new tracks, I have been surprised by how much Catch Me has grown on me in such a short period of time - it's actually a really grat 80's SAW-style track that I'm sure lovers of that era will adore. Both of the Cy-Ro tracks are also great - a particular mention to the awesome piano riffs during the intro of No Control!! Awesome stuff :grin:

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 03 Nov 2011, 17:39

I have been surprised by how much Catch Me has grown on me in such a short period of time - it's actually a really grat 80's SAW-style track that I'm sure lovers of that era will adore.
Perhaps inspired on "Ain't no cure/Bananarama"

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Nov 2011, 23:14

Thanks Ditz. Those previews are ammazing.

This trax have a very distinct sound to them and I'm noticing that the new HRG Attack style follows a very distinct pattern. They borrow a very SAW-ish melody for the chorus ,while inserting a 100% bonifide Italo Disco riff. So far I've picked up on "Lover For Tonight"'s chorus. Its from "Too Many Broken Hearts" Jason Donvan; who was also part of the SAW stable. You got Banana Ramma's sound from "Catch ME; which is amazing, just for the fact that it ventures out of the comfort zone and "No Control" remeinds me of some Phil & Stam song from TIME label.

You gotta remeber Accantino co-wrote many songs on Radio Ramma records; which borrowed a lot of thier melodies from SAW style hits. SAW produced Hi Energy the Britsh way, so basically we are getting a nice match up of British NRG and Italo Disco.

If I'm right about the formula than HRG Attack has just opened up a whole new Horizon for Eurobeat. With the 1000s of Italo disco and SAW melodies around, the probobilities of new and exciting songs like these ones are endless. 8)