Hi-nrg attack releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Valianttrust
Euro To B

Post by Valianttrust » 17 Feb 2012, 16:13

DarkSky wrote:
Vadim wrote: It is a big bummer that SEB just was cut off before right steps could be tried in eurobeat production and marketing to hardcore fan audience.
SEB is not cut off!!
That's right, there's that Vocaloid album that came out. SEB isn't dying :???:

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 17 Feb 2012, 17:48

Valianttrust wrote:
DarkSky wrote:
Vadim wrote: It is a big bummer that SEB just was cut off before right steps could be tried in eurobeat production and marketing to hardcore fan audience.
SEB is not cut off!!
That's right, there's that Vocaloid album that came out.

It went over about as well as a lead balloon with the community here, too.

Valianttrust
Euro To B

Post by Valianttrust » 17 Feb 2012, 21:39

yep, with stellar releases like that...SEB is in great shape! :?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Feb 2012, 01:32

I for one congratulate Live Music Studio in dabbling in a genre that actually sells well. If producers didn't dabble in newer, more profitable genres, Eurobeat would have sounded exactly like Italo Disco for the last 20 years.

By the way, not only have dubstep remixes been made of my own tunes, but I've also mixed dubstep into one of my own tunes, and it's got nearly 300,000 views on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDMGv3hNMes It combines dubstep, rock, polka and Toccata & Fugue with a fast/aggressive Eurobeat style (and borrows from "Speed Man" by Dave Simon). Fans are consistently asking me what this genre is, where to find it... and where to buy it. This song is available for free and they choose to, on average, pay MORE than the standard 99¢ for it.

A Eurobeat song with dubstep in it... is getting new people who have never heard of the genre before... to pay for Eurobeat music on the internet. Meanwhile, the genre hasn't exploded in a cataclysmic, firey ball. Imagine that. Maybe it's not the worst thing that could happen.

Shine on, Live Music Studio, you crazy diamonds you. I don't love EVERY song you've made, and our opinions on Vocaloid may differ, but... bless you for experimenting, dabbling, trying something new, daring to fail and anger fans in the effort to transcend the genre. If I can do it, you guys can do even better with it.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 18 Feb 2012, 04:43

zoupzuop2 wrote:I for one congratulate Live Music Studio in dabbling in a genre that actually sells well. If producers didn't dabble in newer, more profitable genres, Eurobeat would have sounded exactly like Italo Disco for the last 20 years.

By the way, not only have dubstep remixes been made of my own tunes, but I've also mixed dubstep into one of my own tunes, and it's got nearly 300,000 views on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDMGv3hNMes It combines dubstep, rock, polka and Toccata & Fugue with a fast/aggressive Eurobeat style (and borrows from "Speed Man" by Dave Simon). Fans are consistently asking me what this genre is, where to find it... and where to buy it. This song is available for free and they choose to, on average, pay MORE than the standard 99¢ for it.

A Eurobeat song with dubstep in it... is getting new people who have never heard of the genre before... to pay for Eurobeat music on the internet. Meanwhile, the genre hasn't exploded in a cataclysmic, firey ball. Imagine that. Maybe it's not the worst thing that could happen.

Shine on, Live Music Studio, you crazy diamonds you. I don't love EVERY song you've made, and our opinions on Vocaloid may differ, but... bless you for experimenting, dabbling, trying something new, daring to fail and anger fans in the effort to transcend the genre. If I can do it, you guys can do even better with it.
I love dubstep, but these two great tastes just do NOT go well together. It's like bacon and sushi.

I can see people liking that combo, but I really need the two to be separate. Dubstep just gives me such a different mental sound picture than Eurobeat.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 18 Feb 2012, 11:10

Wataru Akiyama wrote:
I love dubstep, but these two great tastes just do NOT go well together. It's like bacon and sushi.

I can see people liking that combo, but I really need the two to be separate. Dubstep just gives me such a different mental sound picture than Eurobeat.
I'm alright with some dubstep, in doses. It's like Cyndi Lauper: Not necessarily all that great on, say, the radio, but in the right context (say, an 80s party or something)? Fantastic and absolutely appropriate.

And I see what you mean about two different mental pictures, but do consider the following:

• Both are 140+ BPM
• Both are focused on an instrumental 'solo'
• Both are varieties of dancefloor/club music (a bit of a stretch for Eurobeat, but do bear with me)
• Both have popular singers who are very "hit/miss" with new audiences (Eurobeat has DeJorio, Dubstep has Skrillex/Sonny Moore [BTW, I personally find Moore's voice fantastic, also in doses].)
• Both are usually in 4/4 meter

While I don't see Dubstep getting much brighter, it's not impossible for Eurobeat to go a tad darker (Dark Angels, anyone~?). And, of course, in the end it'd all be an experiment, the only thing lost is time.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Feb 2012, 11:10

Lebon14
drnrg... are you... that late in p- I mean, popular techno music? Search it on Youtube. Literally : big bass with warped sounds that sounds awfully awful.
Actaully yes, Aside from Eurobeat; I care very little for any other type of Dance music out now. I listen to rock. Daughtry, Nickelback, Shinedown,ect... Anyway that dubstep; which I barely realized that's what its called, is exactly what you said, A bunch of distorted warped sounds with bass. Heard remixes of Coldplay and Adel that I could've lived my whole life without having to hear. Today's youth sounds like they are just pulling crap out of a hat, just to say its something different. Forget about the grace and melody of music. This is why the music industry was better off before 2009

Dub Eurobeat? No Thank you. I don't my want my Eurobeat to sound like Skrillex. :P

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 18 Feb 2012, 15:15

here is some, complete with dance routines...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaggICnOdQA

All genres of dance music have a right to exist and be popular...as a general rule it is only possible if all such genres are allowed to keep their own identity.

Regarding eurobeat...according to years of eurobeat reviews here, it is clear that vocal trance elements are the most acceptable by most of our eurobeat listeners. Mainly as vocal melodies and as some elements to soundworlds.

Back Into The 80-s is actually a vocal trance influenced tune. It's a bit over the edge, so it could benefit from a bit more moderate approach ala Sinclaire Style female stuff which it seems to share much similarity with.

[/url]

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 18 Feb 2012, 22:52

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:

I'm alright with some dubstep, in doses. It's like Cyndi Lauper: Not necessarily all that great on, say, the radio, but in the right context (say, an 80s party or something)? Fantastic and absolutely appropriate.

And I see what you mean about two different mental pictures, but do consider the following:

• Both are 140+ BPM
• Both are focused on an instrumental 'solo'
• Both are varieties of dancefloor/club music (a bit of a stretch for Eurobeat, but do bear with me)
• Both have popular singers who are very "hit/miss" with new audiences (Eurobeat has DeJorio, Dubstep has Skrillex/Sonny Moore [BTW, I personally find Moore's voice fantastic, also in doses].)
• Both are usually in 4/4 meter

While I don't see Dubstep getting much brighter, it's not impossible for Eurobeat to go a tad darker (Dark Angels, anyone~?). And, of course, in the end it'd all be an experiment, the only thing lost is time.
We can say the same for Eurobeat and other genera of Electronic Dance Music, but I still wouldn't want them to be mixed. I love Booty House, but I would just about lie down and die if it was mixed with Eurobeat.

But then, there was that Housey Eurobeat track DREAM/Krystal, and I enjoyed it, so don't really mind me too much. I guess I just need to realize that the '90's era Eurobeat is passed, just like the Italohouse '80's era.

Woooo, I'm getting flashbacks to when I first saw Initial D and I was totally confused by Eurobeat.

Also, I don't just listen to SKRILLLLLLLLLLLEX. I could see some dubstep artists like Fei-Fei collaborating with Eurobeat artists. It's just that I'm being an annoying old fart. You damn kids and your dub-eurobeat! Hurrerrr!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 19 Feb 2012, 14:58

Valianttrust wrote:
DarkSky wrote:
SEB is not cut off!!
That's right, there's that Vocaloid album that came out. SEB isn't dying :???:
You obviously don't know what you're talking about Mr. Wiseacre :wink:

Valianttrust
Euro To B

Post by Valianttrust » 19 Feb 2012, 20:49

Absence of SEB 221, online itunes special releases, eurogrooves, or any news in general....need I say more Mr.Pretentious Bigshot?

I don't need to be an insider dick sucker to see things aren't going well :)

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 19 Feb 2012, 22:07

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 Feb 2012, 22:25

Okay, this thread is getting a bit tetchy...

If someone knows something (DarkSky or anyone else in direct contact with avex), please just post a "yes or no" as to whether Super Eurobeat will continue (i.e. will they release 221?)

That way, we can quit all the fever-pitch end-of-the-world prophecies and actually start looking forward.

Is that too much to ask? Surely avex wouldn't ban someone from saying whether the series will continue or not?

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 19 Feb 2012, 22:32

the_ditz wrote:That way, we can quit all the fever-pitch end-of-the-world prophecies and actually start looking forward.
It would be epic if Eurobeat ended as the same time as the world did in 2012.

Then the Techno Viking God, TECHNO ODIN, will come down to Earth and revive all the old Eurobeat series we don't listen to anymore, like That's Eurobeat. :evil:

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 20 Feb 2012, 01:58

Wataru Akiyama wrote:Then the Techno Viking God, TECHNO ODIN, will come down to Earth and revive all the old Eurobeat series we don't listen to anymore, like That's Eurobeat. :evil:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:Techno Odin
BRB, writing a Eurobeat song about quite possibly the coolest dance-music deity ever. I wish I had the time to do that for real...
Join me on an Odyssey.