Regarding Anti-ABeatC sentiments

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Post by Jion » 18 Oct 2007, 19:25

Yeah kinda one of the reasons I haven't posted as much as I used to is just the influx of anti sentiment going on. I said it before, dislike the song, but not the person or take it beyond and say the person is trash. I said it before, Norma isn't one of my favorite singers but I would state that I'd prefer something more energetic from her. I never once said put a stake in her and finish her off. It's getting too out of hand and I'm slowly starting not enjoying my time on Eurobeat Prime because of it. I'll just go back to hanging out with the bf and playing Wii.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 18 Oct 2007, 19:28

For me it's very simple. I do like the songs Giancarlo, Luigi and Claudio are creating nowadays. Why, cause there's more attention in the creation of the song. A kind of musical break can be heard now. And the 'sensitive' touch of Luigi Raimundi (main man for Norma Sheffield tracks) can be heard very good. Yes, for me as a ABEATC fan the 'split' with Sandro Oliva was a good move. In a positive way, for Pasquini and Oliva. They can go on their own way. Differnce between Sandro at ABEATC and Sandro at GGM, for me not much difference! Conclusion, Sandro did already things by him selve, his own way (without musical break) even with ABEATC (just a regular MEGA NRG MAN, he told me when he was working). Anyway smart and 'financial' move to create GGM. Without ABEATC no GGM. Avex will always with 'thruthfull' to their 'main man' Pasquini. So GGM linked to ABEACT was no problem.
Another thing is to remind the fact when you have create so many songs, their would be 'direction' or 'change of style' which could affect the reaction of the fans. Positive or negative. Yes, each team has his own style (typical or not) it the way they work. You like it or not. You can tell that on in your way on a forum, that's where forums for.
Again for me 'GP' is one of the best! Whatever he will create (80% change I like it).
Go ABEATC!

Ronald :D

P.s: nice to mention, GP is not reading this forum ......... just goes his own way!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 18 Oct 2007, 20:03

So I'm back and have time. :P

*glares at avatar and signature, ffs hosting service, ffs!*

Anyway...

First off, I don't think I've ever gone too far with my ABeatC comments, but feel free to prove me wrong - I have selective memory. :P

I honestly do believe that ABeatC has been lacking in production quality as of late; so I kind of agree with the vocal majority that AVEX really needs to tone down the volume of ABeatC tracks. This is true to all the "powerhouse" labels. I think every label should get an equal amount of songs per SEB; another vocal majority want. Honestly, I feel stronger negativity towards Delta, as I believe their quality has suffered even more than ABeatC's; but that's another story.

Everyone knows how I feel about GOGO'S MUSIC... :P ...and if anyone ever talked smack about Domino, I shit bricks. I could imagine it the same for drnrg and TIME, for example. We turn a blind eye towards the hate given to ABeatC, but I know there are a few die hard ABeatC fans out there who probably are really annoyed, or even hurt by the comments made. (Like how I get hurt by negative comments made towards Domino, for example)

I don't want this forum to turn into a neo-nazi moderated to hell and back place. Even though I'm an "Admin" and hold "some authority" in terms of enforcement of rules; I don't want people to like, have to listen to me bitch about rules and regulations of the forums, etc. (I think in my time here, I've locked like... uh 2 topics? LOL) I post on Guild Wars forums that are moderated to HELL. If your topic's poll isn't subjective they edit it. Their swear filter is so strict, they asterik out "gay" and "bitch" lol.

It's not just ABeatC bashing that gets to people, it's the bashing in general. True, I have been known to do this in the past with certain ABeatC singers (... :cry: ...) but I don't bother with it anymore. If I need to vent I do it off the forums. :D I have my likes, my dislikes, and my hatred, but constructive critism is better than right out flaming. If I dislike a song so much to give it a "0/5" I usually skip the comments on it. Those with a better grip on the English language than I have usually are able to formulate a costructive, but powerful statement to why the dislike the song.

I don't want to see anyone leave due to bashing of certain singers and labels. Where has MarkIventi been lately? The Annalise-era where every SEB had like 40 of her tracks that were ridiculed to death was the last time I've seen him post. :(

Ignore the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors; I'm running on 3hrs of sleep. :)

You won't find another forum like this where there is active and extensive discussion about Eurobeat. The community is great and the topics are fun to take part in. Again, I'd hate to see people leave due to people's poor choice of words. We gotta practice love <3

Oh yeah, and the Red Code/Core thing... TOTALLY missed that. haha. I'm still going to refer it to Red Core though because I like AVEX's silly mistakes. :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Oct 2007, 20:37

Funny how when you guys post, you all seem to on at about the same TIME. It really looks like a conversation. Whan I finally get my post in, it feels like old news :P

Just wanted to add a comment about the leaving the forums zoupzuop2 made. While label bashing can be offensive, it really wouldn't strike me enuff for member to leave. That would kinda look cowardly. Not calling zoupzuop2 a coward, but wouldn't you rather stick around and attempt to make a difference, even if noone else was on your side? He made the right move by addressing the issue in a very intelligent and constructive satement.

So where are all the haters? Suddenly they don't have a leg to stand on? Or maybe really can't say anything constructive at all? 8)

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 18 Oct 2007, 21:52

drnrg wrote:Just wanted to add a comment about the leaving the forums. While label bashing can be offensive, it really wouldn't strike me enuff for member to leave. That would kinda look cowardly... wouldn't you rather stick around and attempt to make a difference, even if no one else was on your side?
As for this comment... hmm well not really cowardly - to be honest, sometimes the vibes have been so bad I didn't even feel like checking the forums that day. The forums should not be about wading through heated comments without respect or deeper analysis. It's not our duty to be brave and make other people be nice. But I didn't leave because I like the forums, and as Nine said, they are the BEST eurobeat forums.

If you love eurobeat, which is why you're here, don't burn it down.

Sometimes I think egos just get too large... that is a BIG problem online and offline in this world. I say - don't say anything here that you wouldn't say to everyone's face... comments like "he should never sing again" are really strong and really rude. If you want to say that, try to comment specifically on how someone can improve, in your opinion, or just don't say it, or say it's not your style. Music is mostly about opinions and presentation... everytone has different taste. Like I love Annerley's voice, yet some people don't... etc etc etc.
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 18 Oct 2007, 22:39

I always thought that the hate for A-Beat-C came mainly from a desire by fans to side with Domino in the split, and because a lot of A-Beat-C vocalists (Manuel, Matt Land, Mega NRG Man) jumped over to help GGM establish themselves right out of the gate, leaving Dave with his 2nd tier of singers (Powerful T, Digital Planet) to work with for the time being.

It's hard for me to really comment one way or the other on who is better and who deserves more space, because what I like in the same isn't going to be the same as what someone else will, and generally my tastes seem to run opposite to the majority, but I see no reason to cut off Dave's head and give his space to Sandro and Domino. They're doing fine as it is. (Now, if you wanted to ban Helena/Rose/etc... from SEB, that's another story entirely... :wink: )

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 18 Oct 2007, 22:46

I'm playing devil's advocate here even though I do like everything A-BEAT C has done except for the majority of songs from the 170s. I've slammed alot of A-BEAT C's recent productions, but I love DELTA and SCP. TIME fans out there hate that Ennio is rapping again. Some SCP fans think that DELTA sucks, etc etc! Obviously, we all have very niche tastes for such a niche genre.

It's like this with Hyper Techno too. Some people love DJ Zorro, but alot of people absolutely hate hearing anouther 5 or 6 DJ Zorro songs on a new cd (such as myself).

I'm kind of laughing that people get so damned heated up about, "GOD THIS SONG SUCKS!" I hate Paris Hilton and don't think she should have been able to put out an album, but she did. I'm blunt when it comes to my opinion, but not rude. I don't think saying, "this song is terrible" is rude. It's your opinion. Each of the label's fans are going to eventually hate anouther label's releases at some time or anouther. Right now, it's A-BEAT C under attack. Hell, I felt that Delta, with the exception of CHEMICAL LOVE, got ignored or attacked in the 160s. That's just my opinion. Don't get all in a tissy about this people.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 19 Oct 2007, 02:48

para_rigby
TIME fans out there hate that Ennio is rapping again.
That would be me. Thanks for the mention :D

KitsuneStar
(Now, if you wanted to ban Helena/Rose/etc... from SEB, that's another story entirely... )
NEVER :evil:

lightsol
As for this comment... hmm well not really cowardly - to be honest, sometimes the vibes have been so bad I didn't even feel like checking the forums that day. The forums should not be about wading through heated comments without respect or deeper analysis. It's not our duty to be brave and make other people be nice. But I didn't leave because I like the forums, and as Nine said, they are the BEST eurobeat forums.
"Cowardly" could be taken as a strong word by some, but I'm never one to stand on the sidelines and just observe, so that's what I concider myself if I would leave. As for "bad" vibes ; it's exactly the opposite for me. As soon as connect, the first site I open is EP prime and it is exactly to see what memberes are saying about Eurobeat. Positive or negative it's the different views that make this forum interesting. At least for me it is. This really is the best forum out there even without resorting to uploading Eurobeat material, wich many other sites need in order to keep the members interested. 8)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 Oct 2007, 04:41

True, true... threatening to leave was just plain drama on my end, gomennasai~. Although, I will stand by the fact that I am not a coward, and will defend my beliefs as much as necessary, be it Eurobeat or otherwise.