Super Eurobeat 184

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 20 Jan 2008, 01:35

All I have to say here about this is that it's about freaking time!

edit: no, I have more to say.
Buying an album then uploading the mp3s is one thing, but taking the songs from Delta's MySpace for the sole purposes of piracy is downright theft. Honestly, I'd be surprised if we see any more of these samples being posted by the labels in the future, and this is all thanks to a select few with very poor judgment.
GG!

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 20 Jan 2008, 06:25

para_rigby wrote:Speaking of SEB 184 songs. Apparently, Initial D World is in hot water because some retarded people ripped Super Rider and Full Metal Cars from Delta's myspace player. Newfield and company caught wind of this and apparently the Delta music player on myspace is now down.
Nine wrote:All I have to say here about this is that it's about freaking time!
edit: ... but taking the songs from Delta's MySpace for the sole purposes of piracy is downright theft. Honestly, I'd be surprised if we see any more of these samples being posted by the labels in the future, and this is all thanks to a select few with very poor judgment.
I agree with the above: It's blatant piracy / theft.
Now, despite the fact Laurent Gelmetti has apparently messaged a few people, they're *still* going to continue ripping and uploading music, as though nothing has happened. Just minus the two songs. That's plain wrong (and stupid). Someone there made a comment that now the companies might pursue the site (which I doubt, at the moment). Truly, with how unintelligible and immature the members are, they're asking for it. I'm done.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 20 Jan 2008, 06:58

The piracy is stupid, yes, but seriously, all I care about right now is that Delta continues to produce great music and Avex doesn't knock them off of Super Eurobeat.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Jan 2008, 07:13

Truth is they have been doing that for some TIME now, but it's really a kick in the face when you deliberatly rip a track off a player when Newfield was being cordial enough to let the fans preview the track in its entirety. Talk about a stupid F**King thing to pull. :evil:

Now in rebuttle, but not for there side. How else would a Eurobeat fan aquire a cd that is , for instance out of print. Some cds like That's Eurobeat are out of print and only by luck will you find them. Some collectors like me will rather be burried with them, before ever selling,but what of those fans that would like to have some of those songs on cd quality. The only way they could have them would be someone posting a link or Visa Vera. Or is it just tuff luck for them?

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 20 Jan 2008, 14:00

drnrg wrote:Now in rebuttle, but not for there side. How else would a Eurobeat fan aquire a cd that is , for instance out of print. Some cds like That's Eurobeat are out of print and only by luck will you find them. Some collectors like me will rather be burried with them, before ever selling,but what of those fans that would like to have some of those songs on cd quality. The only way they could have them would be someone posting a link or Visa Vera. Or is it just tuff luck for them?
Given how much material is becoming available for legal purchase by download now, this is rather becoming a moot point. Plus, there's always a lot of old EB albums posted on eBay (That's Eurobeat turns up quite frequently). I'll grant you a lot of the albums are quite difficult to track down though (I had to be very patient with a lot of them).

However, this really isn't about old, out-of-print CDs - this is blatant piracy of new material, that is easily obtained by import or paid-download. You really have absolutely no excuse if you're copying the stuff! What does that say about a community that proclaims it loves and supports the producers/writers/singers of Eurobeat? :???:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 20 Jan 2008, 14:25

Did you all read what Matteo Rizzi posted on ID Forums? He sums this whole thing up pretty well.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 20 Jan 2008, 15:23

Nice to see people on "that" forum have such respect for EB producers that they'll even post screenshots of private messages and lambast them openly in threads, just because the producers are protecting their copyright. It amazes me that Eurobeat carries on when twats like that undermine its value so much.

Matteo Rizzi really does sum it up extremely well. Personally for me, if you can't value the music you love and pay the proper respect to the people who make it for a living, don't bother going near it at all.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 20 Jan 2008, 15:33

It does make me sad to see how people treat such "gifts" the labels give out, like Delta's previews on their player this time around. I was more than happy to give them a go once and then wait eagarly for 184 to be released, wasn't aware of the whole commotion until it was brought to light here. Getting pissed off at the situation on my place or other fans' is one thing, but it does place the actual artists in a totally different spot.
Wouldn't be surprised, if no more previews like this weren't published on myspace...

I'll quote Phil and say GG. Bloody brilliant GG and diaf.

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

a storm in a cup of tea,but....

Post by newfield » 20 Jan 2008, 15:49

telling my feelings to ppl posting here and on Initial D forum

Like every kid I used to share rock cds with my buddies long time ago (honestly just a few coz I want original box & booklet on my bookshelves).
Sharing with your buddy is cool,I won't kill ya for that, but rip for upload and share link on public websites is not fair.
Sounds like getting invitation for dinner in my house and going home with some silver spoons in your pocket,got it?
Instead of rip-upload-post link tell ppl to visit our page,they will get a 20 min of good eurobeat time (and increase our visits counter)..and if they want to rip...it's their bizness.Posting a link will not help you win the daily smart boy special premium!
I know Avex do nothing outside Asia but if you know ppl who can't get SEB please buy some copies for them ,THAT is the way to be the smart boy!
Honestly I'd do it myself if not so busy.
OK you gonna tell me you're a kid delivering pizza to fill your paypal account,the good news is SEB price will be lower this year.

As info:
Eurobeat Masters Vol.1 to 9 is the first step, based on your wish lists and I'm mastering the next albums.Than the new stuff will slightly follow SEB releases,just be patient.Now on Juno but soon on cheaper iTune.

It's not about royalties but trust and respect for our job and eurobeat community.
We'll keep on adding songs on myspace, only 30 sec lo-fi..

thanks 4 support

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: a storm in a cup of tea,but....

Post by Will154 » 20 Jan 2008, 16:44

newfield wrote:
the good news is SEB price will be lower this year.

As info:
Eurobeat Masters Vol.1 to 9 is the first step, based on your wish lists and I'm mastering the next albums.Than the new stuff will slightly follow SEB releases,just be patient.Now on Juno but soon on cheaper iTune.

It's not about royalties but trust and respect for our job and eurobeat community.
We'll keep on adding songs on myspace, only 30 sec lo-fi..
Well that is good news !
and i cant wait for Eurobeat Masters :D

and thank you for your comment Laurent, Eurobeat producers (IMO) needs more support than random popular pop artist from US.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 20 Jan 2008, 18:37

I really hoped they learned the errors of their ways *cough Lebon* :???:
Though I doubt that will be the case.

However, I am very glad that this issue has gathered some attention since it shouldn't be overlooked. We must do everything to keep this amazing genre of music going! :)

Oh btw, I am pretty hyped for new Eurobeat Masters releases! :!:
Hoping for more unique tracks 8) (Jimmy Diamond for the win!)
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Jan 2008, 08:17

newfield
All I gotta say, is thanks for Juno uploads. Those are so easy for me to buy :D
I really hoped they learned the errors of their ways *cough Lebon*
Though I doubt that will be the case.

Kinda of a twisted way to turn the blame on the producers , don't you think? I doubt we will be seeing this guy on the forums anytime soon for fear of being flamed about that comment and I got my Flame torch ready :evil:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 21 Jan 2008, 16:08

valiant wrote:I really hoped they learned the errors of their ways *cough Lebon* :???:
Before talking, I DIDN'T UPLOAD THE SONGS FROM THE MYSPACE SITE.
I do like to share what I'm proud of, but my goal is not to kill eurobeat huh.

Also, I'm no stupid, newfield.
And, I fully agree with NomakeWan here, here and here. All on the same page yes.

If you put something public, you can't stop people for what they are doing. If you put it on public, you take all responsabilities going along. It's like putting an iPod, in the middle of downtown 12pm, on a chair, with a sign behind "Don't Touch My iPod". I'm not too sure if the iPod will stay there... same thing for music on MySpace.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 Jan 2008, 16:31

Lebon14 wrote:
valiant wrote:I really hoped they learned the errors of their ways *cough Lebon* :???:
Before talking, I DIDN'T UPLOAD THE SONGS FROM THE MYSPACE SITE.
I do like to share what I'm proud of, but my goal is not to kill eurobeat huh.

Also, I'm no stupid, newfield.
And, I fully agree with NomakeWan here, here and here. All on the same page yes.

If you put something public, you can't stop people for what they are doing. If you put it on public, you take all responsabilities going along. It's like putting an iPod, in the middle of downtown 12pm, on a chair, with a sign behind "Don't Touch My iPod". I'm not too sure if the iPod will stay there... same thing for music on MySpace.
So, you're saying stealing a physical object (ipod) is the same as recording these songs from Delta's Myspace?

So, you're all for stealing... period- Stealing an ipod is the same as stealing the music off of Myspace? How about stealing a car? What if you see a parked car, all alone in a parking lot (ipod on chair) with the doors locked (sign saying don't touch my ipod) ...you're steal that too? Because it's the same as recording the music from Myspace?

Oh, and of course you can't stop people who do this. If we could stop people from doing this, this wouldn't have happened. Although, now it has, all we can do now is express how we feel which many of us have already. How do I feel? Still pretty angry. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm being over-dramatic or missing the bigger picture, but really - it was a dumb thing to do. Morally.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 21 Jan 2008, 16:40

Lebon14 wrote:If you put something public, you can't stop people for what they are doing. If you put it on public, you take all responsabilities going along. It's like putting an iPod, in the middle of downtown 12pm, on a chair, with a sign behind "Don't Touch My iPod". I'm not too sure if the iPod will stay there... same thing for music on MySpace.
I think your analogy is flawed. I agree with the notion leaving your iPod out in public - but a closer analogy would simply be leaving the iPod out with a pair of headphones with the invitation "please feel free to listen".

You are then going on to admit that you are basically the same as the thief who takes the iPod, copies the songs off it, and goes on to distribute them to everyone else far and wide, well in excess of the original spirit of why those songs were put out for you to listen to in the first place.

While I will admit the idea of offering the full songs up on MySpace was a tad naive (given the nature of the internet and the people who use it), ripping the songs and more crucially flaunting that fact by posting them publicly for other people to grab (though I'm not going to indict you specifically for this) is plain rude, and at worst criminal. They were uploaded there in good spirit by Newfield, with the intention that they be listened to there and only there, and that people would purchase the legal version on SEB 184 for personal listening.

Nomake Wan's argument about recording from a concert is equally flawed, for much the same reasons as the idea of taking the MySpace player, ripping the songs, and posting them to everyone else. If you rip the songs/record the concert for your own listening benefit, no one is going to be wise to what you're doing. It's the distribution that's the problem. That's why the heck copyright exists in the first place:

"At its most general, it is literally "the right to copy", but also gives the copyright holder the right to be credited for the work, to determine who (if anyone) can perform it or adapt it to other forms, to benefit financially from the work, and other related rights."

So Nomake Wan's argument about recording a Frankie Valli concert has the exact same problem - whether you do it to listen to personally is up to you - technically the copyright still applies but it's very difficult to apply to personal listening - but the minute you distribute it you are violating the copyright that exists on Frankie Valli's work - his rights to distribute his music in whatever manner, to his (ultimately financial) benefit.

Regardless of whether you or anyone else ripped these Delta songs to listen to on your own PC in the meantime, by posting them to other websites you are encouraging (nay, giving full instructions) to everyone else on how to obtain them and thereby skip out the purchase on SEB altogether, and you are doing it in complete disregard for the copyright law that allows Delta to decide how their tracks should be made available.

So thanks the actions of a few, the many now miss out and have to make do with 30-second clips instead.

Fair play to Delta, to be honest - you give anyone an inch, and they take a mile.