Super Eurobeat 184

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Jan 2008, 16:18

I only had time to listen to a few samples, but I actually like the Mega NRG Man song quite a bit so far, even though it's A-Beat C instead of GGM (shame that he's going to be looked down upon for the rest of his career all because of this).

Super Rider is meh. It's a little better than Iron Man, but not by much. Still pretty average, probably going to be very overrated once again.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 22 Jan 2008, 19:33

#Infinity wrote:I only had time to listen to a few samples, but I actually like the Mega NRG Man song quite a bit so far, even though it's A-Beat C instead of GGM (shame that he's going to be looked down upon for the rest of his career all because of this).

Super Rider is meh. It's a little better than Iron Man, but not by much. Still pretty average, probably going to be very overrated once again.
WHOA! Let It Go is ABeatC? That's good! They're making moves into the right direction. They still have this odd sparse-ness that drives me NUTS. (And, WHERE IS DAVE RODGERS?? We need moar Davie.)

Actually, though I may draw fire onto myself for this, the album did NOT really grab my attention. Granted, none of the songs were particularly POOR, but few seemed EXCEPTIONAL. Delta had a great showing, and ABeatC is still getting themselves back together; though I'm a bit surprised and disappointed with Hi-NRG Attack. TIME still seems to be wavering between "ooh, good" and "meh, boring" for me; SCP seems a bit too trancey lately. Not that fond of it.

Then again, at this rate I'm working with samples, not whole songs, and from a laptop with poor speakers (and next to no bass). Mayhaps my opinion will change with a few downloads?

Shinji-kun[NGE]
Euro To B

Post by Shinji-kun[NGE] » 22 Jan 2008, 19:41

Already want to buy this album because of King & Queen song. And it shows a hope that A-Beat-C finally got some kind of inspiration it lacked for past year. :)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Jan 2008, 21:16

zoupzuop2 wrote:Then again, at this rate I'm working with samples, not whole songs, and from a laptop with poor speakers (and next to no bass). Mayhaps my opinion will change with a few downloads?
I usually don't like the album that much when I first hear the samples, but they almost always tend to get better once I hear the full cuts. Sexy Crazy Girl sounded horrible to me once I first heard the sample, and now it's one of my favorites from 183.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 22 Jan 2008, 21:55

Who on Earth is The Snake? That guy rocks!!! :!:

I finally got to hear Delta's tracks too...
Luca sounds like Matt Land in Super Rider. :D Very, very catchy song!!!
And I have to agree, Full Metal Cars might be Daniel's best to date.

Come On Up also surprised me in a positive way - A-Beat C meets Kiki & Fancy style. More tracks like this one!
On the other hand, Let It Go was killed by the unimaginative arrangement. I don't like the galloping beat and heavy synths.
Why don't they use guitars in such tracks? (Rock Me is the best example of a well-arranged Mega NRG Man song, in my opinion.)

The rest is hard to judge based on samples alone.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Jan 2008, 22:48

cheeseman wrote:Who on Earth is The Snake? That guy rocks!!! :!:

And I have to agree, Full Metal Cars might be Daniel's best to date.
The Snake? Yes he does! :!:
Full Metal Car IS the bes Daniel track BY FAR, VERY FAR.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Jan 2008, 01:23

Okay, full comments based on the samples:

First impressions for me are fairly good. There are standouts, A-Beat is better than usual, and the overall level is quite strong. My favorite 2 tracks so far are definitely Imagine and Happy Snappy Valentine. Imagine isn't a John Lennon cover, however the package already sounds really pure and soulful - I'm predicting an ever bigger hit than I'm Alive. I was anticipating average HRG with Happy Snappy Valentine, but turns out that it's gotta be one of the labels catchiest female performances in a very long time! Love everything about it so far. Speed Of Light sounds really sturdy and powerful, almost like a crossover between the individual styles of Ace and Fastway (not Go 2). The newcomer is definitely setting up for an excellent debut track. I also appreciate No Borders, which sounds fresh and beautiful as a Time production. The vocalist variety that the label is incorperating with their women is excellent.

Unlike other people, I honestly don't really see the major hype over Full Metal Cars for the time-being. It has a cool melody, but when you compare it to Daniel's other tracks so far, it really just doesn't stand out production-wise. Sorry Mr. Driller, Superfast Tokyo Drift was great, but Spin Spin Baby is very generic just as I expected (although I do like the synth hook). Also, I'm a bit disappointed by the GGM song, and the cover of Just A Game sounds very stale and undynamic. Wild Night sounds cool, but there I'm not really feeling Mr. Gambogi's vocals, and while I love Love For Money 2008, I've already listened to it enough times beforehand. Cherry's song sounds great, but once again, the vocals could be delivered a lot better. Again, Super Rider sounds fairly good, but it's still very lacking in a sense and definitely isn't yet going to convince me that Mark Astley is a stronger alias than I originally thought (seriously, am I still the only person who didn't really like Iron Man at all?).

I agree that Come On Up and Everybody Shake are pretty good, but I still don't really like either their soundworlds. Let It Go could also use a bit of a boost, but I do like the song itself enough that it probably won't be much of a problem. Valentino's Day is alright, but the synth really doesn't offer anything of interest. White Love is pleasantly distinct, but again I'm unsure if the production methods will be truly effective in the end.

Sounds like a good Super Eurobeat compilation so far, probably not the best of the 180's, but I think it's easily going to maintain the steady pace of good releases that we've gotten lately.
Last edited by #Infinity on 23 Jan 2008, 01:31, edited 2 times in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Jan 2008, 01:26

The previews sound awsome. Just some quick thoughts from first impressions. SCP is better than usual, even Pamsy has gone up a notch. AbeatC is only good for Ace Warrior & Mega NRG Man. Of Course the first notes of Let It Go sound exactly like Dr. Money's Let It Go. Someone at AbeatC has been listening to TIME classics. TIME, HRG and esp. DELTA all sound like hits.

Quick tips based on previews.

1. Mark Astly- Super Rider. Classic Italo melody makes this one one of my top 3.
2. Mike West- Wild Night. Powerful & catchy lyrics. "Teacher Of Love" 8)
3. Jeff Driller- Spin Spin Baby. Another classic addictive HRG melody.
4. King & Queen- Comon Up. Not my cup of tea.
5. Nuage- Everybody Shake. Rehashed Dave & Mega NRG Man melody.
6. Pamsy- My Sweet Forever. She ditched some of that transy vibe and sounds rather nice.
7. Alexis- Just A Game. Sounds nice , but I must hear the rest, esp intro. Here is hoping for the rap.
8. Jay Lehr- Imagine. I like this guys style & vocals
9. Nikita Jr- Happy Snappy Valentine. Overhyped female vocals ,but killer melody. I will probly like it.
10. Annie- No Borders. Powerful female TIME= WIN.
11. Ester- Never Gonna Give Up. Sounds catchy. Better than her first.
12. Ace Warriors- White Love. Sounds like 90's ABeatC. Awesome.
13. Annalise- Valentino's Day- Annoying at best.
14. Money Man- Love For Money. Making a crossover to 2008. Still sounding mega!
15. Daneil- Full Metal Cars. I love how much he reminds me of Gianni. Kickass beat.
16. Cherry- Yes I Will. There is an awesome classic hook in that chorus.
17. Mega NRG Man- Oh yeah, I like it
18. The Snake- Speed Of Light. Sounds like typical SCP. Sounds nice, but not Mega.

Based on these, there are only 3 previews that don't excite me. This should be a great cd.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 23 Jan 2008, 03:29

Bore wrote:The King & Queen song seems to have some of that long lost fun A-Beat C has been missing for a while now.
That's probably because Come On Up is an older production (well over a year old), so it's not A-Beat C's 'new sound' (un)fortunately.

I agree though. Recent A-Beat C sounds and lyrics have a more serious tone and feel than in the past.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Jan 2008, 05:45

Nuage FTW finally. The sample reminds me of her song in the 150s: Let's Go Deejay! Also, very impressed by Annie. She never gets enough credit for her awesome songs. King & Queen continues to impress me. I really like Speedy Runner. Sad to not hear alot of Gobbi under that alias, but Gordon has done very nicely lately. Excited to hear Cherry's song as whole now.

Delta has totally reinvented themselves as a powerhouse since the iffy 150s. I'm loving it all.

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 23 Jan 2008, 07:27

I know that not everyone (if anyone) will agree with me, but Clara has really brought it lately. She's been my personal MVP since 177. Her new song sounds like it should turn out great, too.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 23 Jan 2008, 07:29

C`mon, Snake is Fastway, just pitched.

For me, I like Mark Astley, Jeff and Cherry.
All the others I can tell when I get the album in my hands.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 23 Jan 2008, 17:39

cheeseman wrote:On the other hand, Let It Go was killed by the unimaginative arrangement. I don't like the galloping beat and heavy synths.
Why don't they use guitars in such tracks? (Rock Me is the best example of a well-arranged Mega NRG Man song, in my opinion.)
I couldn't agree more with you... It reminds me of "I Feel The Rhythm Tonight," with that constant beat and the voice-echo used with the word "ton-i-igh-ight." I'm sure I'll like it more once I hear it, though. Usually the songs I'm originally skeptical about I like the most. haha
cheeseman wrote:Who on Earth is The Snake? That guy rocks!!! :!:
Ricfiam wrote:C`mon, Snake is Fastway, just pitched.
I thought it was Ace (pitched a bit), but SCP's myspace posted a picture of two men - 'The Snake.' SCP doesn't use models, so it's safe to say those are the vocalists. :] (... I think cheeseman just ran to their page~ XDDDD)
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 23 Jan 2008, 18:32

Sadie wrote:(... I think cheeseman just ran to their page~ XDDDD)
How did you know? :D
The Snake is neither Fastway nor Ace. Definitely a new voice (voices?).
And yeah, since SCP doesn't use models, I too believe the guys in the pic are the actual vocalists (or at least one of them is).

By the way... SCP just created a Myspace profile for GO2, and it looks like a website is in the making! :!:

http://www.myspace.com/go2music
http://www.go2-music.com/

Both links appeared on SCP's profile today.

UPDATE!!!
Check this out 8)

http://www.arthemisweb.com/
http://www.myspace.com/arthemisweb

Great to see more rock/metal vocalists doing Eurobeat!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 23 Jan 2008, 19:59

cheeseman wrote:
Sadie wrote:(... I think cheeseman just ran to their page~ XDDDD)
How did you know? :D
The Snake is neither Fastway nor Ace. Definitely a new voice (voices?).
And yeah, since SCP doesn't use models, I too believe the guys in the pic are the actual vocalists (or at least one of them is).

By the way... SCP just created a Myspace profile for GO2, and it looks like a website is in the making! :!:

http://www.myspace.com/go2music
http://www.go2-music.com/

Both links appeared on SCP's profile today.

UPDATE!!!
Check this out 8)

http://www.arthemisweb.com/
http://www.myspace.com/arthemisweb

Great to see more rock/metal vocalists doing Eurobeat!
WOW I love these guys. Some of my family members did some of this style of music, it's very nostalgic for me. (You wouldn't believe me if I told you my mom did the vocals!)

Um... which one's singing Eurobeat? ._.