Songs that deserve more credit

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Founder

Songs that deserve more credit

Post by Bore » 22 Nov 2007, 18:26

We all have our favorites naturally with variable music tastes. Which songs do you recon never got enough credit and should have become bigger hits and one of those so called "EVERLASTING DANCE TRAXX"? Which songs should have a place on every countdown & anniversary album and why?

I've been having a huge playlist for ages and randomly listen to various eurobeat songs and there are a few specific songs that every time make me feel good although they have had only little album space. I'll start by naming 3 tracks that I think have had a huge impact on me even with only a few appereances.

DJ NRG - Push It Go Go (Where as I dislike Kamikaze as much as possible, this and Go Go are definitely one of the best A-Beat C songs from the mid 90s)
Vanessa - You Don't Give Me Love (A solid song with a killer chorus and great vocals by Clara, definitely needs to be remembered more often)
Terry Gordon - Boomerang (Maybe my possible all time favorite Eurobeat Flash song, awesome speed and catchiness. Clara's vocal power is overwhelming and the song just reeks of positive energy)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Nov 2007, 19:52

I was considering posting a thread like this myself!

For me:

- Besame Mucho / Volta & Gabbana - Magnani's most successful Hi-NRG Attack alias, and the best song of the three he did under it is also the only one nobody cares about. :(
- Hyper Bazooka Revolution / Tam Arrow - Thankfully this showed up on The Best Of Euromach, but it failed to live up to the hype surrounding The Boom Boom Power. Tam's first two tracks ever (which means also Wow Tokyo / Mote Mote) were also my personal favorites.
- Dancing Is My Fever / Nikita Jr. - Melody's voice is amazing. Everything about this song just screamed to be appearing on numerous future compilations, but most people just left it for Dancing In The Jungle instead.
- Young And Wild / Fastway - If you notice, this is the one and only Fastway song (aside from Standby & Please Rewind, which was on a JGTC album anyway) that appeared on only one compilation. Tragic, considering how powerful it was.
- Jungle Love / Mr. M - One of the major standouts for me on SEB 85 (which I listened to and was overall disappointed by), too bad it never saw any further light. This is one of Gambogi's strongest performances he's ever done.
- Dancin' Baby / Irene - I agree with Bore on this track. Such a feel-good song, and yet nobody really cared about it.
- I Wanna Play Guitar / Kiki & Fancy feat. Goofy DJ - Irresistably hilarious! Would've loved to have seen this track become a massive hit.
- Mira La Luna / Paul Harris - And now this song's likely going to be forgotten as a one-hit wonder, having not appeared on The Best Of Super Eurobeat 2007? WHY?
- Futureland / ACE - Do I even need to explain this one?
- Fever & Music / Erika - Despite Ferretti's numerous releases throughout 2007, not a single one of them appeared on The Best Of Super Eurobeat 2007. And to be honest, that's actually pretty sad, especially considering this masterpiece.

The most underrated eurobeat vocalists in general for me are Mickey B. and Kiki & Kika/Fancy (especially including the Irene, Lucya, and Kika tracks).

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 22 Nov 2007, 20:43

"24 Hours Love Affair" by Derreck Simons :: Honestly, how many people here have actually heard this song?! It's GREAT! Yet, nowhere to be found... much like all the songs on my list. Sped up a bit, this song would mix-in well with nonstop albums. It deserves more attention.

"Feel My Heart" by Domino :: Third disc on SEB 90. Nowhere else. Need I say more?

"Gotta Have You Baby" by K.L. Jones :: The first time I heard this song I fell for it immediatly. An all-around solid track. This is one of many unknown songs I highly recommend. Gianni Corraini makes it memorable and ideal.

"Into the Music" by Mega NRG Man :: Seriously, this song is nowhere to be found on eurobeat albums. Only one. It has a 'heavier' sound than most eurobeat tracks, but the vocals are deep and synths powerful. Listen to it.

"Life is Life" by Mr. Groove :: I will admit, this is a pretty mediocre track overall. But there's something special about it that keeps me listening to it and liking it. Maybe it's just me... Keep on movin', dreamin', and hold me tight~
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 22 Nov 2007, 21:12

I've always really enjoyed "Your Love is Magic - Luna" from... 157, I think? It got pretty poor reviews all around, but I really loved it and thought it really stood out on that album, aside from already being a distinctive LED track.

That's the best example I can think of.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Nov 2007, 01:07

Tonight/ Delta Queens I think it's one of Moroni's more powerful and emotional songs back in the 120s. Totally underestimated and under appreciated song!

Hey Mister Deejay/ Domino One of my favorite Domino tracks in the world. Incredibly catchy lyrics and a great synth line.

Body Feels Exit/ Virginelle Like the Domino track Sadie mentioned, this bonus song was just truly amazing.

Viva The Night/ Groove Twins Since the disappearance of the great Go Go Girls, A-Beat C really delivered a smashing Groove Twins song with Gobbi on vocals. Need I say more about that then? One of the best in the 160s!

and some others I thought were great, but now don't get the attention they deserve
To Be Or Notta Be/ The Spiders From Mars
The Planet of the Warriors/ Annerley Gordon
Big Mouth/ Mike Skanner (right vocalist?)
Beautiful Day/ Dee Dee and Regina
In The Stars/ Mako
Kobra Is My Killer/ Dolly Pop
Heart Attack/ Lolita

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Nov 2007, 01:36

To be fair .I'll choose one from evrey label.

Vibration= Luna -Crash In My Heart. One of Vibrations best track ever. I still remeber going back to my vinyl supplier week after week seeing if this one had been released. Check out the composers, esp. you SCP fanboys. G. Caria, S. Castagna, A. Ferraris, E. Somenzi. This song was Vinyl worthy.

HRG Attack= HRG United-Greatest Lover. this one got screwed over just as Super EuroFlash stopped releasing extended versions. I havn't even seen a vinyl of this song, but this should be one of thier most clebrated. Great vocals, wicked melody and over all catchyness.

TIME= Victoria- Love Rhapsody. This gem was reduced to a one TIME showing on Euromach 3 and while it sounded great on that compilation, deserved so much more. Perhaps a nice SEB extended showing would be nice, It had killer melody, wonderful keyboard work and above all Elena's "BEAUTIFUL" vocals.

Saifam= Milk & Coffee- My Heart & My Soul. I believe this was one of the first songs for Milk & Coffee. This song should have been a Saifam classic. The melody was pure Italo High Energy from the 80's. It's finally on Music Masters, so If you like OLD SKOOL ASIA, I really recomend this song for U.

ABeatC= Matt Land- Killer Queen. I believe this was his first song? Debuted on SEB 103 and quickly became one of my favs. It's probly his best song ever with the catchy, cool and sassy lyrics. Ryhming "Killer Queen" with "Gelatine" was awesome. Now a days he is deduced to an army of racing theme clone songs, but none captuer the power of his debute hit. I wonder why there has never been an extended out there somewhere. It certainly deserves one.

SCP= Thomas Lee- Midnight. I'll say it once and I'll say it again, why did he not ever use this alias again? A complete one-hit wonder and still IMOP one of SCP's best songs ever. It's superfast fast and mega powerful and deserved so much than a 2:00 cut on Euromach.

DELTA= ODA-Rainbow. So what is wrong with Everybody? This is one DOA adrenalized song oozing of pure DELTA testoserone emmiting pure mega high energy eurobeat Power. At least we got it on SEB. If there is a song that deserves an extended it's this one.

Ravenant/HI-Site= Lady Princess - Queen Of The Night. Most known for thier Europanic appearences. I'll include thsi label only because I really liked thier style and they could have expanded to a better competetive label.This song quickly was forgotten in that Eurobeat graveyard that was Europanic. Again catchy keyboard riffs and nice vocals should have pushed this one up to better status.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Nov 2007, 01:42

para_rigby
Big Mouth/ Mike Skanner (right vocalist?)
That's TRD 1408 Mike Hammer- Big Mouth sung by Nando Bonini and I agree deserved much more praise just like "Blade Runner" did too. 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Nov 2007, 02:39

drnrg wrote:Saifam= Milk & Coffee- My Heart & My Soul. I believe this was one of the first songs for Milk & Coffee. This song should have been a Saifam classic. The melody was pure Italo High Energy from the 80's. It's finally on Music Masters, so If you like OLD SKOOL ASIA, I really recomend this song for U.
Their first song was Go Go Babe from Eurobeat Flash Vol. 7. Love Me Twice and Honey Honey followed shortly after before My Heart & My Soul appeared.
drnrg wrote:SCP= Thomas Lee- Midnight. I'll say it once and I'll say it again, why did he not ever use this alias again? A complete one-hit wonder and still IMOP one of SCP's best songs ever. It's superfast fast and mega powerful and deserved so much than a 2:00 cut on Euromach.
I don't think he really needed to use the Thomas Lee alias again. Midnight could've easily been a Dusty song, same with Touch Me Baby. SCP is a label that doesn't usually like to give their artists multiple aliases; that was really only the case early on, when Ennio Zanini was Fastway, Dusty, Tomas Lee, and Dr. Stranger; Nicola Mansueto was Nick Mansell and Rocky; Christina Tosi was Christine, Christine-N. Joy, and Messalina (Euromach 9's Call Me is definitely an old track from the catalogue based on the song qualities); and Kiki & Kika was also Mel & Kim. Great track, though. Definitely should've gotten a bit more attention.
drnrg wrote:DELTA= ODA-Rainbow. So what is wrong with Everybody? This is one DOA adrenalized song oozing of pure DELTA testoserone emmiting pure mega high energy eurobeat Power. At least we got it on SEB. If there is a song that deserves an extended it's this one.
This song's quite an oddball to me because it's both extremely catchy and also hilariously bad at the same time. It's fun to listen to, but would you really expect a song called "Rainbow" to turn out to be some gangster-ridden, hardcore track with cheesy lyrics and sounds? The outcome is quite nice, but makes me laugh so hard whenever I listen to it. It's also not sung by the original Oda, but more realistically, it's clearly just not a song made for everyone, so go figure.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 23 Nov 2007, 04:36

#Infinity wrote:Ennio Zanini was Fastway, Dusty, Tomas Lee, and Dr. Stranger;
I always thought it woulda been nice to revive one of them for the We <3 Techpara series.

As for the topic:

Kiki & Kika - Easy Busy - They never really get much love for the big compilations, and this was one of their best songs. I was pretty disappointed it hasn't made it on one of the x00 cds since Euromach got added.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Nov 2007, 07:12

#Infinity
Their first song was Go Go Babe from Eurobeat Flash Vol. 7. Love Me Twice and Honey Honey followed shortly after before My Heart & My Soul appeared.
I had forgotten about those, but that is why I said "One of thier first songs"

#Infinity
This song's quite an oddball to me because it's both extremely catchy and also hilariously bad at the same time. It's fun to listen to, but would you really expect a song called "Rainbow" to turn out to be some gangster-ridden, hardcore track with cheesy lyrics and sounds? The outcome is quite nice, but makes me laugh so hard whenever I listen to it. It's also not sung by the original Oda, but more realistically, it's clearly just not a song made for everyone, so go figure.
Anyone who was or is a die-hard Dead or Alive fan should like that song; just like the original "HearBreaker" "I'm Your Gangster" and a bunch of other HRG Attack songs that use that similar killer melody. More songs MUST be made in this style 8)

#Infinity
Ennio Zanini was Fastway, Dusty, Tomas Lee, and Dr. Stranger
Speaking of Dusty... "Nightmare" is another underestimated song that surely deserved more recognition. 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Nov 2007, 18:41

drnrg wrote:Speaking of Dusty... "Nightmare" is another underestimated song that surely deserved more recognition. 8)
NICK MANSELL. :(

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 23 Nov 2007, 18:49

Christine / Into The Light

Probably my favourite SCP song ever, and only ever showcased once on EB Flash, and I still only have a 128kbps MP3 of it too ;_;

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Nov 2007, 18:51

DJ Mike TJG wrote:Christine / Into The Light

Probably my favourite SCP song ever, and only ever showcased once on EB Flash, and I still only have a 128kbps MP3 of it too ;_;
I agree so much. Christine's early material in general was awesome, yet she never got any real attention until Crazy Generation. Along with Into The Light, don't forget Because The Night, Back Into My Arms, It's A Beautiful Life, and All For Love!

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 24 Nov 2007, 01:18

Marcus - "Man on Fire". We haven't seen it since 2005, but it's still one of my favorites to this day.

Kevin Johnson - "Welcome to My World". It showed up once in a JGTC for all of 2 minutes, and it's damn near a crime that "Night of Fire" shows up at the top of every #00 album instead of this similar, but superior Maurizio track.

Lolita - "You Set My Heart on Fire". Yes, I know it's showed up 5 times, but we haven't seen it since 2001, and its one of those songs that just seems 10,000 times better when it's included in a megamix than when it's out there on its own.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 24 Nov 2007, 01:37

KitsuneStar wrote:Marcus - "Man on Fire". We haven't seen it since 2005, but it's still one of my favorites to this day.

Kevin Johnson - "Welcome to My World". It showed up once in a JGTC for all of 2 minutes, and it's damn near a crime that "Night of Fire" shows up at the top of every #00 album instead of this similar, but superior Maurizio track.

Lolita - "You Set My Heart on Fire". Yes, I know it's showed up 5 times, but we haven't seen it since 2001, and its one of those songs that just seems 10,000 times better when it's included in a megamix than when it's out there on its own.
May I say, excellent picks! Totally love these 3 songs and I quite frankly hadn't even remembered that Welcome To My World wasn't even released as a full track. You Set My Heart On Fire is close to my all time favorite Lolita songs and I was forced to get that album as an original when I got to eurobeat due to this one song alone. It really needs more airplay!