Super Eurobeat 185

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 17 Mar 2008, 23:15

LMAO!

I'm stoned sometimes too but no need to broadcast it XD

And no to answer your question. Your guess is as good as mine as to what they're saying in that track.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 18 Mar 2008, 01:41

I might post my review sometime soon, but I really haven't been that intereseted in listening to it lately. Granted, it's not bad at all, but it's definitely far from the best.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 Mar 2008, 22:58

ALRIGHTIO! My Super Fantasmagoric SUPER EUROBEAT 185 REVIEW!!!!!!!111ONESHIFT
Scale: American Letter-Grade style:
+: High score for that grade
-: Low score for that grade
A: Excellent
B: Good
C: Satisfactory/Okay
D: Poor
F: Miserable.

1) Pararappa Dance by Kiki & Fancy: Silly, fun Eurobeat. Production is very high quality. Not my favorite, but it's fun Kiki fare. B+.

2) Bomba by Franz Tornado and the Bombardier Girls: LA BOMBA! Easily one of the highlights of the album. Synth line really hits you, and Franz sounds like he put some real thought into this one. Lyrics once again generic (a common plague of HRG songs), but that's dimmed by just how fun and energetic this song is. BOOM BOOM BOOM! LONG LIVE FRANZ AND HIS CHIQUITAS! A+

3) My Oh My by Kimmy: Two very odd images come to mind whenever I hear this song: One, that the singer looks a bit like a cuter version of Alice from Alice in Wonderland; two, that Jenny Rom and the Zippers are now steaming in envy. Luka Torchiani adds a nice touch, and it oddly reminds me of segments of www.blonde girl, but EUROBEAT. All around a superb Eurobeat song. A+

4) Funky Lady 2008 by De Leo: I'm surprised at how much I like this song. It's not GREAT by any means, but it's nicely done. Vocals aren't bad, synth line is okay... altogether worthy. B

5) Go Go Go Baby Go by King & Queen: Once again, WHERE IS KING? Anyway, this one has a return to those older-school ABeatC synth sounds. WHICH IS F***ING AWESOME. This is the speed and sound that ABeatC has needed for some time. Mr. Raimondi has really improved immensely if this is what he has been churning out lately. Thank you, "Barry". :3 A-

6) Take My Desire by Digital Planet: An interesting piece, actually; I figure I should dislike this song for some reason, but I just can't find anything to dislike, barring maybe how close Mr. Planet comes to not hitting the note. Why do I keep getting images of Z/Geek from Surf's Up when the high-note comes up? Still. A "nice" song from Digital Planet. B-

7) Take It Easy by Vanessa: WHAT THE F--? Why does this song remind me of Miami, for some odd reason? Why are the synths so wild? AND WHY DO I LIKE ANOTHER TIME SONG??? The vocals work, the synths are quite fun, and... I just LIKE it. WHY? B

8 ) Tell Me Why You Say by Kelly T. : A bit TOO melancholy, I'm afraid, for my tastes. The vocals are a bit too "meek li'l me", and it sounds a bit too sad. C

9) The One For Me by Betty Ft. Annalise: For some reason this song strikes me as generic. Vocalist sounds like your standard Dance-music "Diva", I can't hear Annalise, synth line sounds boring... just no. Sorry. D+

10 ) Emotional Child by Pamsy: I don't know why people dislike this song; although it IS trance-flavored like many of her songs... something seems to WORK. Pamsy's vocals are exquisite, and... for some reason, the song reminds me of the Bomberman 64 soundtrack. That's a good thing, mind you. B+

11) The VIP is JP: I'm a damned fool. A FOOL FOR NOT LIKING THIS SONG WITHIN THE FIRST FEW SECONDS! It's like Dave in his former glory! I actually like this intro, out of the chain of "borings" the album's been subject to so far, especially with the laser, almost as if to say "PSYCHE"! The synths sound AWESOME. Mr. Loureiro sounds AWESOME. Dave sounds AWESOME. This song is just amazing, that's all I can say. MORE SONGS LIKE THIS PLEASE!!! A++

12) Para Para Night 2008 by Frank Torpedo: Aaaaand we hit a dip in quality HERE. Synth line is boring to me, vocals don't seem to match somehow... it's not a song I would like on any circumstance. Something just doesn't work. Sorry, Time. Your last few were good. D+

13) Baby Fly by Sara: I will now commit an act of blasphemy: This Delta song annoys me to death. The synth line almost doesn't sound like Eurobeat, vocalist uses vibrato too much, and the HOOOO is just SO! DANG! ANNOYING! No offense to Sara or Delta, but... Just NOT their best work. C

14) Kiss Me Now by Baby Gold: Why do I think of the "Found in a Diaper" dysfunctional crayon color whenever I see this title? At any rate. Typical Euromach-esque fare-- which would get a low grade were it not for the fact that, one, it's a good style; two, we haven't heard it like this in a while. Fun, cute Eurobeat, and the vocals aren't pitched to death, huzzah! B+

15) Candy Baby by Christine: What the hell is it with Babies and this album? Did everyone in the Eurobeat industry get pregnant or something? Back on track, synth line and vocals are pretty fun, not too distinct from some Kiki & (Other alias) songs in SCP's catalog. B

16) Feel Me Tender by Kasanova: I'm going to disagree with damned near everyone: this is a good song. I don't see it as emotionless or boring, I see it as appropriately melancholy for the lyrical content. Synth line and violin give it the right spice for the emotion it's trying to invoke, and Mr. Kasanova pulls the vocals off with a drop of the right emotion. All in all, a good one. :3 A-

17) Final Destination by Cody: Delta's heavy-hitter, and for a good reason. THIS SONG IS AMAZING. Great vocals! Guitars! Everything is so freaking hooky and well-done, I haven't a single complaint regarding this song. So I won't. LONG LIVE CODY! A++

18) Back to 80's by <BORROW> Domino Featuring Mega NRG Man </BORROW>: Mega NRG Man and Domino come together for a tour de force in this song... and come JUST shy of perfection. The sabi sound is JUST not punchy enough, and the chorus is JUST shy of super-interesting. Vocals are well done, and it's nice to hear from these two again. :3 This song gets an A-.

Altogether: Agreed with everyone that the intros in much of this album sucked, but we've been treated to a great selection of songs here. Avex has, for the first time in a long time, selected a near-perfect selection of songs for our listening delight, and I imagine this roll they've gotten on with this album will roll well into the next few SEB's.

ALBUM GRADE: A-

ZOUPZUOP2 APPROVES:
Bomba
My Oh My
Go Go Go Baby Go
The VIP Is JP
Final Destination

ZOUPZUOP2 IS DISAPPOINTED BY:
Tell Me Why
The One For Me
Para Para Night
Baby Fly

ZZ2 IS LOOKING FORWARD TO:
*Nightshade
*Let's Get Wild
*Dima on SEB!
*The next Dave Rodgers song

ZOUPZUOP2 HAD THIS ON HIS LAP WHILE WRITING THE REVIEW:
*Cat
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Mar 2008, 10:18

zoupzuop2
13) Baby Fly by Sara: I will now commit an act of blasphemy: This Delta song annoys me to death. The synth line almost doesn't sound like Eurobeat, vocalist uses vibrato too much, and the HOOOO is just SO! DANG! ANNOYING! No offense to Sara or Delta, but... Just NOT their best work. C
You are funny how the "hoo" anoys you in this DELTA song, but the Kika & Fancy kiddie shouting does not :P

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 20 Mar 2008, 17:32

zoupzuop2 wrote:ZOUPZUOP2 HAD THIS ON HIS LAP WHILE WRITING THE REVIEW:
*Cat
That was my favorite part of the review. XDDDD
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 Mar 2008, 18:29

drnrg wrote:zoupzuop2
You are funny how the "hoo" anoys you in this DELTA song, but the Kika & Fancy kiddie shouting does not :P
I can explain that. In Pararappa Dance, the AUAUA and OALELE OALELE are part of the atmosphere, and they gel better with the rest of the song. For some reason the "HOOOOO" doesn't quite gel. The music behind it just doesn't seem to mesh with it for me.

Nothing against Sara, Nothing against Delta. This particular song was just not the best work they've churned out. (Final Destination would be proof of their best :3 )
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 21 Mar 2008, 19:31

The WoooOOooo in Baby Fly is indeed overly irritating, it just sounds plain horrible and out of place.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 21 Mar 2008, 19:49

Yeah, while I think it's one of the better songs off the compilation, I don't know why it's apparently trying to act so quirky. The "Baby fly, bably fly"'s in the intro were also rather silly.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 Mar 2008, 20:27

Aww I thought the Woooooo part in Baby Fly was cute. I just picture some girl taking her shirt off and going "wooo!" XD Though the best part is the way she sings "you" in the a-melo. I pick up on the weirdest things.

Though, tbh I think every song on SEB needs Dave Rodgers saying "JUNCTION PRODUCE"

zoup, I take it you listened to SEPH :P

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 21 Mar 2008, 21:38

Nine wrote:Aww I thought the Woooooo part in Baby Fly was cute. I just picture some girl taking her shirt off and going "wooo!" XD
All of a sudden the song is a whole lot more fun! XD Tnx Nine =D

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 22 Mar 2008, 05:18

Nine wrote:Aww I thought the Woooooo part in Baby Fly was cute. I just picture some girl taking her shirt off and going "wooo!" XD Though the best part is the way she sings "you" in the a-melo. I pick up on the weirdest things.

Though, tbh I think every song on SEB needs Dave Rodgers saying "JUNCTION PRODUCE"

zoup, I take it you listened to SEPH :P
I did. You were awesome and hilarious ;3
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Mar 2008, 08:42

Nine
Aww I thought the Woooooo part in Baby Fly was cute. I just picture some girl taking her shirt off and going "wooo!" XD Though the best part is the way she sings "you" in the a-melo. I pick up on the weirdest things.
I also love the Wooooooo in Baby Fly and even more a girl taking off her shirt :D

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 22 Mar 2008, 15:33

MKwiakaku wrote:
Nine wrote:Aww I thought the Woooooo part in Baby Fly was cute. I just picture some girl taking her shirt off and going "wooo!" XD
All of a sudden the song is a whole lot more fun! XD Tnx Nine =D
All of a sudden the song is a whole lot more disturbing. ._. Tnx Nine TT_TT

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 22 Mar 2008, 23:03

drnrg wrote:Nine
I also love the Wooooooo in Baby Fly and even more a girl taking off her shirt :D
Are you homo? Because it sounded right like you were.
No offense... because I would prefer to see a girl topless instead of listening of a song
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 22 Mar 2008, 23:31

Lebon14 wrote:Are you homo? Because it sounded right like you were.
No offense... because I would prefer to see a girl topless instead of listening of a song
Eurobeat has a tendency to attract a lot of homosexual listeners. I can't work out why that is though.

Either way, considering drnrg is practically one of the only male regulars of this forum who has an obvious liking towards females, it's safe to assume he isn't. Why does it matter though?