Super Eurobeat 185

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Feb 2008, 14:37

Is it just my wish (and I hope others' wish too) to hear a female HI-NRG ATTACK song along the lines of PUN PUN BEAM? The only songs I've really heard from the ladies worth mentioning since that song's release is I'M YOUR BARRACUDA and YOU KISS MY LOVER.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 23 Feb 2008, 15:52

para_rigby wrote:Is it just my wish (and I hope others' wish too) to hear a female HI-NRG ATTACK song along the lines of PUN PUN BEAM? The only songs I've really heard from the ladies worth mentioning since that song's release is I'M YOUR BARRACUDA and YOU KISS MY LOVER.
I agree.

+ SHADOW IN YOUR SMILE.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 23 Feb 2008, 16:54

cheeseman wrote:
drnrg wrote:So you are saying it's a new vocalist?
I'd say it's Alice :wink:
However, the track isn't that new - it's behind "Get My Hot Gun" in HRG's catalogue.
But it is newer than Happy Snappy Valentine. I'd say it's still possible that she's still working there; Avex just hasn't been releasing her newer material lately.

I actually liked that song a lot. Really well-rounded female HRG performance, more than likely one of their stronger showings of the 180's.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 23 Feb 2008, 16:56

cheeseman wrote:
drnrg wrote:So you are saying it's a new vocalist?
I'd say it's Alice :wink:
However, the track isn't that new - it's behind "Get My Hot Gun" in HRG's catalogue.
the catalogue number is 696, and i thought someone said alice left after "Get a boom"(672). seems she stayed a bit longer than thought.
Speaking of the catalogue, it hasn't been updated in quite a while, still stuck at 717 ; many of the recent SEB releases(Spin Spin Baby, Crazy Race on the Street, You Kiss My Lover, etc) aren't in it.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Feb 2008, 22:41

wolftickets1969
the catalogue number is 696, and i thought someone said alice left after "Get a boom"(672). seems she stayed a bit longer than thought.
Speaking of the catalogue, it hasn't been updated in quite a while, still stuck at 717 ; many of the recent SEB releases(Spin Spin Baby, Crazy Race on the Street, You Kiss My Lover, etc) aren't in it.
You know there are easily around 100 songs form that catalougue that we have never heard, so I'm ok with AVEX releasing those instead of getting completely new material. I would also like to see of those never before debute titles, like ,well you know...I've mentioned them many TIMES already 8)

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 23 Feb 2008, 23:57

I always wanted to hear how Miss Joke was like...seriously, she was a new vocalist a while ago that was never used by Avex.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

Matteo Rizzi
Euro To B

Post by Matteo Rizzi » 24 Feb 2008, 00:32

Final Destination / Cody is a song that I have composed in the 2004. :???:
The "new" comes from the past :P

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 24 Feb 2008, 01:35

I'll take a crack at 'dese clips!

!: PERFECT track. (Marvelous?)
+: GREAT track.
/: GOOD track.
- or --: A swing and a MISS.
--- or ----: This song FAILS. Forevar.

1) Pararappa Dance (Kiki & Fancy): (!) HAY TEHY SPELLD PARAPRAA RAWNG. Still, quite hooky and catchy, good ol' K&F fare.

2) Bomba (Franz Tornado & The Bombardier Girls): (!!!) This track... this sample... this... just... wow. For this alone, I may buy the whole album instead of Mu-Mo'ing it. Synth line and vocals are just the BEST.

3) My Oh My (Kimmy): (+) I like this track. Sounds like good 'ol Matteo Rizzi, or at least those chord progressions I can't get enough of that tend to come from Delta's brainchild. :3 Those be the Super Rider synths, no?

4) Funky Lady 2008 (De Leo): (-) Aaaand we hit the first snag. Something about this track struck me as dull. To be honest, though I've had exceptions, most of the Time remakes tend to either annoy me or become forgotten the instant they're done in my media player(s).

5) Go Go Go Baby Go (King & Queen): (+) YEAH! More improvements wrought on the new ABeatC formula. Apparently a certain Luigi has been behind the new sound... I do hope he's doing his homework on previous ABeatC songs in terms of what worked and what didn't.

6) Take My Desire (Digital Planet): (--) Oh how the mighty fall. This song was just plain boring, and DP's had some good songs. It just lacked energy, lacked punch.

7) Take It Easy (Vanessa): (--) Just... didn't like this one. Can't really put my finger on why. Something was just... lacking. Overall just didn't work.

8) Tell Me Why You Say (Kelly T.): (/) It's... meh, it's got some potential. Not great, but not bad. Nothing really caught me in either direction, but nothing worth any number of minuses either.

9) The One For Me (Betty Ft. Annalise): (---) IT BURNS. THE SLOW TRANCEY SOUNDS BURN. MY EARDRUMS. THEY BURN OF PAIN. RENOIR CALLED, THEY WANT THEIR SYNTHESIZER BACK.

10) Emotional Child (Pamsy): (!) And with this we bounce RIGHT back up! Pamsy takes it away with great vocals and great synth lines.

11) The VIP is JP (Dave Rodgers): (!!) Older-school sounding ABeatC. As in, like, sounding like the days when ABeatC could make a song out of SNEEZES and it'd be a hit. This is just... AWESOME. I notice the mix of "Red Code" guitars and older-school ABeatC synthline sounds. If Dave Rodgers can keep up songs like this, I think ABeatC can claw its way back into the hearts of many.

12) Para Para Night 2008 (Frank Torpedo): (/) Umm... Has potential, but doesn't take it one way or the other. I imagine the previous version was a bit more notable.

13) Baby Fly (Sara): (/) I just don't know what to make of this one. I mean, it's not even middlin' to me; I just can't seem to formulate an opinion about this one. It's... odd. Is this Delta?

14) Kiss Me Now (Baby Gold): (!) Yeeeaaaah. Now THIS is good stuff. HRG has gone back to the roots of Eurobeat and made a song that brings back such good memories for me... *sigh*

15) Candy Baby (Christine): (!) Likin' this one. A lot. The Game Boy sounds win me over so much, nyoro~n. :3

16) Feel Me Tender (Kasanova): (/-) Not too sure. I'm leaning negative, but only because it's sort'a dull; however, it has some musical chords I like. Something seems melancholy, but not necessarily depressing.

17) Final Destination (Cody): (+) Heh. Didn't grab my attention too much, too quick; otherwise, all-around good. Worthy of SEB.

18) Back to 80's (Mega NRG Man Ft. Domino): (!!) This is just GOLD. Eurobeat GOLD. I hate to say this, but I prefer this duet with Domino to most of the Dave Rodgers duets with her. Mega NRG Man and Domino steal the show this time. Way to go go's!

TRACKS I'M LOVIN' (Moar liek this plzkthx </4chan>):
*Pararappa Dance
*Bomba
*My Oh My
*The VIP is JP
*Kiss Me Now
*Candy Baby
*Back to 80's

TRACKS I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO (Sorry guys):
*The One For Me
*Take My Desire
*Funky Lady

The rest have equal time and chance to win me over. I may just start collecting the 1X5's and/or 2X5's of the SEB's in album form from this point; it's sort of a tradition so far...

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 24 Feb 2008, 02:11

valiant wrote:I always wanted to hear how Miss Joke was like...seriously, she was a new vocalist a while ago that was never used by Avex.
Miss Joke is Alice, as far as I know.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 24 Feb 2008, 05:13

Matteo Rizzi wrote:Final Destination / Cody is a song that I have composed in the 2004. :???:
It's really hilarious how Avex will occasionally pick super-old tracks to appear on the compilation. At least it's not a 1999/2000 song showing up on a 2006 compilation (Give Me Another Chance / Susy)!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Feb 2008, 05:40

#Infinity wrote:
Matteo Rizzi wrote:Final Destination / Cody is a song that I have composed in the 2004. :???:
It's really hilarious how Avex will occasionally pick super-old tracks to appear on the compilation. At least it's not a 1999/2000 song showing up on a 2006 compilation (Give Me Another Chance / Susy)!
I would die laughing if suddenly a supposed-to-be-released-onSEB01 song is released on the next album...

But, hey, I agree.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 24 Feb 2008, 07:18

I thought so. I can't believe there are no real new songs to fill up SEB.
Avex, &#711;~%#@/!
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 24 Feb 2008, 09:09

cheeseman wrote:
valiant wrote:I always wanted to hear how Miss Joke was like...seriously, she was a new vocalist a while ago that was never used by Avex.
Miss Joke is Alice, as far as I know.
Really? I could have sworn Hi-Nrg Attack website said something else, but I could be wrong. Still would like to hear a Miss Joke track regardless.
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 24 Feb 2008, 17:21

drnrg wrote:
taQ wrote:didn't anyone notice take it easy/vanessa = night in tokyo/alexis?
Exactly what I like about it. :)
Yes Francis and I had noticed too. While I may wonder why Time insists on re-hashing things, they've at least been doing a good job of it.

Para para night 08, candy baby, feel me tender and back to 80s are the highlights of this SEB for me. Too bad I'm going to be getting it a week late with my WLTP VI :cry:

Seems like Clara finally took a break this time around :P and also no SCP males gives this album a different vibe.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 25 Feb 2008, 17:59

So this comes out tomorrow? (seeing japan is in the future :D)

I can't wait :3
I want back to 80s nooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww ...well if i went back to the 80s i'd either be between 5 and -5. but i still want the song, and i can make believe that i was 18-28 in the 80s. :P