Favorite Mega NRG Man Song

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Favorite Mega NRG Man Song

Post by Sadie » 11 Dec 2007, 23:25

I realized there's a favorite Domino, Clara Moroni, assorted labels, and producer's productions topics. But none for the ever-so-popular and awesome Mega NRG Man everyone knows and enjoys.

So, question: What's your favorite song(s) by Tomas Marin and why? :grin:
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 11 Dec 2007, 23:37

He's got a lot of songs under that name and the majority of them are very good tracks, but I'd have to say my faourites are, in order:

Supertonic Lady
Into the Night
In The Sunrise
Get Me Power
Take Me Back to Tokyo
Grand Prix

I'm kinda stuck for words as to why I like him, though. Sorry.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 11 Dec 2007, 23:41

Mega NRG Man has plenty of gems in his database, but these would be my favorite tracks from him:

- Take Me Back To Tokyo: Basically great, freshly-produced, energetic male eurobeat with an awesome c-melody and effective chorus. And it was made in 1997.
- Burning Desire: A more distinct production, not as fast as his other stuff, but really catchy and infectious.
- Rock Me: Kiko Loureiro and Mega NRG Man make quite an awesome duo. A strong, full-sounding eurobeat track that works perfectly on all levels.
- Red Light & Sex: Not quite as unique as his other GGM track so far, but still nearly as catchy. Energy, character, and great production qualities all make for one of the most memorable tracks of SEB 179.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 12 Dec 2007, 01:23

REBEL REBEL(love this one so much UNF)

NEED LOVE

FIRE(classic Eurobeat at its best)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 12 Dec 2007, 05:24

Lover Man (iknowuwantmebaby XD)
Sex All Over The Phone (IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!)
Any other song with domino in the background :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Dec 2007, 06:06

I could swear we have posted these, but being that Mega NRG Man is Awesome, I don't mind 8) Those of you who know I go for the more Agressive male vocals can guess why MEGA NRG Man is one of my favs.

1.Sex All Over The Phone. The title says it all for me. The lyrics are pure sex candy, and the riff is Mega High NRG, exactly the way I want his songs to sound, but I REALLY REALLY love the lines "Baby get you" and "It's Incredible". The outro on that song with the echoed SEX SEX SEX is to die for.

2. Express Love. What I love about Thomas is that he gets these really cool titles to sing. Express Love is another song where he also sounds agressive and when he uses his voice in that fashion, it almost sounds like a warped Pete Burns(Dead Or Alive)...and we all know that next to the imortal Gino Caria, Pete follows as vocal king for me . By the way, the way Thomas raps in the begining is what I concider acceptable in Eurobeat 8)

3. Dog Eat Dog. I belive this was his first song under the Mega NRG Man title. I remeber that funky intro in my head, cause I'm allways hearing my vinyl copy. Perfect vocals for that song with an even superior hook.

4. King Kong Is Back. Whan I first heard it, I thought it was Giancarlo singing. This is one of his underestimated songs, since I hardly hear anyone mention it as one of thier favorites, but those Quirky lyrics and and riff remind me of something FLEA would have put out in the golden era. I allways think this song as the answer to Ika's Go Godzilla.

5. I Can Be Your Dee Jay. The song has Dead or Alive vibe oozing from every note. Again he sings in agressive fashion. those of you who remeber the NRG Boys- Heart & Body, will surely hear the same kinda power in this song. I-I-I-I Will light your fire HUH!! ABeatC perfection!

6. Red Light & Sex. This one is the only new one that I concider to be among those other songs for me. Not only in Melody, but in his agressive vocal style. The use of the word SEX in any song almost certifies a hit with this DR: :wink:

7.Kung Fu Fire. For some reason, I allways accsociate this song with King Kobra, which in fact was not even Marin, but rather David SRB, but anyways. Another underestimasted song of his. This song does use the rehashed hook of 90% of Dave and Thomas songs, but somehow works for me in the chorus nicely.

8. Burning Desire. This is one of his most celebrated songs ever. I have trouble choosing between this version or the reinvented Dave Rodgers "Disco Fire", but both are equally superb in the melody accompaning the verses.

9. Bad News. I wonder if anyone besides me would include this one as one of thier favs? I concider this song as one of his mellow songs, but from a better end. The chorus sounds very good, especially the lines he is given to sing.

10. Woman In Tokyo. I had trouble choosing this last one between Fire,Loverman. & Power Of Gasoline, but in the end, since I think Asian girls are beautiful , esp Japnese girls, I choose this one 8) Just what does Ichiban mean?

I guess Sadie did not post any, because they are all her favs :P

Shinji-kun[NGE]
Euro To B

Post by Shinji-kun[NGE] » 12 Dec 2007, 06:08

Grand Prix
Back On The Rocks
Black Jack
Megaton Man
Rainbow

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 12 Dec 2007, 07:25

Megaton Man
I Can Be Your Deejay
Express Love
Supertonic Lady

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 12 Dec 2007, 12:55

Sex All Over The Phone
Red Light & Sex
I Can Be Your Dee Jay
Grand Prix
Supertonic Lady
Space Racing
Take Me Back To Tokyo
Seventies
Lover Man
Perfect World :P

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 12 Dec 2007, 17:04

Other aliases also included when I said his name~

Mega NRG Man:
- Into The Music
- Into The Night
- Go The Distance
- Over The Line
- Thanks To My Fans
- Red Light And Sex

Mr. Groove
- Life Is Life

Derreck Simons
- 24 Hours Love Affair

Vito
- Livin' In America

DJ Zorro
- Los Lobos
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 12 Dec 2007, 19:22

Red Light And Sex
Supertonic Lady
Express Love
Video Killed The Radio

Jion

Post by Jion » 12 Dec 2007, 20:04

Space Cowboy
Red Light & Sex
Rock On Fire
Supertonic Lady
Need Love
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Dec 2007, 05:32

Sadie
Other aliases also included when I said his name~
hmmm...you tricked us. In that case ,add another 10 to my list :grin:

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 13 Dec 2007, 05:45

Pretty much all his songs are cool, except for those sung under the DJ Zorro alias. Ugh. :C

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 13 Dec 2007, 06:56

MKwiakaku wrote:Pretty much all his songs are cool, except for those sung under the DJ Zorro alias. Ugh. :C
El Paso is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :P

So other aliases then too?

Derreck Simons
Full Power
Jealousy Kills
Take It Easy
Under The Sea

Mr Groove
Let's Turn It Up
Blowing In The Wind
Russian ('cause it has funny lyrics :D )

Vito
Livin In America

DJ Zorro
El Paso!
Tarjeta Roja
Viva Viva
Desperado
Wild Boy
Volver