The new ABeatC Sound-- I know what it is!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

The new ABeatC Sound-- I know what it is!

Post by zoupzuop2 » 19 Dec 2007, 23:21

I know what it is about the new ABeatC sound that has changed, and that I'm not particularly fond of!

It appears that there's a bit less of an echo or reverb-- the sound seems a bit more intimate, warm... but almost a bit more hollow, the sound doesn't seem to hit all the right levels (octaves, perchance?). Eurobeat shouldn't be as "warm and friendly"; by its very nature, it should be a bit more flashy all-around. It can HAVE warm and cozy moments (Hey Hey Baby Cry has a fairly good proof of this), but ultimately Eurobeat is just as much about flash bang boom as any successful pop song that isn't a ballad. Heck, even Eurobeat ballads are fairly flashy, compared to the new ABeatC sound.
Not to say I don't appreciate the new sound. It does have its merits, and I did like Speedy Runner. However, it lacks the timbres, the atmosphere, the PUNCH of its "former glory" previous sound.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 19 Dec 2007, 23:35

I think 'eurobeat' is whatever the hell the producer wants it to be, as long as it sticks within the predefined boundaries that make songs inclusive to the genre. (aka, alternating 4/4 hihat/kickdrum bassline, the eurobeat format theory (intro-amelo-bmelo-etc), melodic lyrical composition, etc).
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 20 Dec 2007, 00:46

Cosmic_Bard wrote:I think 'eurobeat' is whatever the hell the producer wants it to be, as long as it sticks within the predefined boundaries that make songs inclusive to the genre. (aka, alternating 4/4 hihat/kickdrum bassline, the eurobeat format theory (intro-amelo-bmelo-etc), melodic lyrical composition, etc).
Well, granted, as an art form of any sort, it will always be whatever the producer(s) want(s) it to be. I'm just pointing out that maybe it is the producer'(s) new approach to his genre that is not receiving as much favor in the eyes of the fans I see around these boards; or, at least, maybe just myself.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 20 Dec 2007, 01:21

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Cosmic_Bard wrote:I think 'eurobeat' is whatever the hell the producer wants it to be, as long as it sticks within the predefined boundaries that make songs inclusive to the genre. (aka, alternating 4/4 hihat/kickdrum bassline, the eurobeat format theory (intro-amelo-bmelo-etc), melodic lyrical composition, etc).
Well, granted, as an art form of any sort, it will always be whatever the producer(s) want(s) it to be. I'm just pointing out that maybe it is the producer'(s) new approach to his genre that is not receiving as much favor in the eyes of the fans I see around these boards; or, at least, maybe just myself.
Nah, you went further than that. You started discussing what eurobeat should and shouldn't be. Using words like 'its very nature' and what it can and should have.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 20 Dec 2007, 05:08

Cosmic_Bard wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:
Nah, you went further than that. You started discussing what eurobeat should and shouldn't be. Using words like 'its very nature' and what it can and should have.
True. And, as an art form, it was wrong of me. I guess I mixed 'what the art form of Eurobeat is' with 'what sells'.

Unfortunately, though, I don't see Eurobeat as much of a specific expression; I've yet to come across a lot of heavily emotional and/or philosophically challenging Eurobeat or other dance music, barring maybe Steve Taylor (Christian New Wave. Actually some good stuff in there. :3 ), but the point still stands.

Remember that making music is not always an entirely philanthropic enterprise -- a GOOD Eurobeat song is not necessarily the one that always SELLS well, and a monetary 'smash hit' may not be as good as the other material. And, yes, I at least figure that producers gauge the balance between "expressive" and "marketable". IN THAT SENSE ALONE, a revision of a sound that doesn't fit well into the views of the buying audience may not be a smart move to continue with.

How do I know? I'm a musician in a family of musicians that knows musicians. It runs in the blood. ;3

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Dec 2007, 05:44

AbeatC for the most part still sounds great to me. It's those synthesizers that they someTIMES use that get on my nerves. You know the ones with the "Transy" vibe that SCP also uses. They kinda sound metallic and not too easy on the ears. 8)

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 20 Dec 2007, 06:08

drnrg wrote:AbeatC for the most part still sounds great to me. It's those synthesizers that they someTIMES use that get on my nerves. You know the ones with the "Transy" vibe that SCP also uses. They kinda sound metallic and not too easy on the ears. 8)
It seems this is a really common concensus. Someone should tell Giancarlo. :D

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 20 Dec 2007, 18:40

A new way of approching! Totally agree. I have mentioned it before in another post, the departure of Oliva did put Luigi Raimundi more in the 'spotlights'. So more beautiful melodic intro's and for me very important a kind of musical break in most of the ABEAT tracks. I did not find that much during the period that Oliva was Pasquini's 'left arm'. Does not mean I did not like his material but I prefur the new approch of the ABEAT sound! Listening to productions of Digital Planet 'Today' for instances is for me a masterpiece! Or some Nuage and Annalise tracks. And even the Mega NRG Man tracks, normally a Oliva project are nowadays very very good! Just because there isen't a constant repeat for four minutes but a very nice intro, strong melodie and musical break and last but not least a strong vocal, go go Marin!
With male vocals from Giancarlo, Thomas Marin, Powerful T, Ace Warrior and Matt Land. And the 'ladies': Annerley Gordon, Denise, Kelly T and Meri Neeser. This all under 'supervision' of Giancarlo, Luigi and sometimes Claudio Magnani.
In other words, ABEATC is for me still going strong!

Ronald :)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Dec 2007, 21:11

I love the SCP trance sounds. *_*
I think I'm gonna stay neutral on the ABeatC
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 20 Dec 2007, 21:21

[quote="Lebon14"]I love the SCP trance sounds. *_*
[/quote]

Again totally agree!

Ronald. :D

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Dec 2007, 21:25

Could I request a total trance remix of Once Upon A Time? (9-10 min long?)
Seriously, I love those synth to that extreme : wanting a remix of the style of synth!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Dec 2007, 04:20

ronald
With male vocals from Giancarlo, Thomas Marin, Powerful T, Ace Warrior and Matt Land. And the 'ladies': Annerley Gordon, Denise, Kelly T and Meri Neeser. This all under 'supervision' of Giancarlo, Luigi and sometimes Claudio Magnani.
In other words, ABEATC is for me still going strong!
I agree for the most part, but what does Claudio Magnani have to do with AbeatC. As far as I can rmember he has only participated at TIME, DELTA, HRG Attack, Akyr and FLEA. unless I fell asleep during Euobeat 101 :P

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 21 Dec 2007, 14:58

I'll guess you fell asleep :D
He did worked on 'Dangerous' , 'Glorious' and 'Into the daylight'; Powerful T stuff. And he also did something on 'Screaming' by Lolita.

Ronald.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Dec 2007, 00:20

Ronald
I'll guess you fell asleep
He did worked on 'Dangerous' , 'Glorious' and 'Into the daylight'; Powerful T stuff. And he also did something on 'Screaming' by Lolita.

Ronald.
Ha Ha ! You are right.(Wakes up from hangover) :!: I totally overlooked that . Actually I didn't even think him being the same Claudio. I wonder why he hasn't taken up the mic? That would sure shake up the Eurobeat community 8)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 24 Dec 2007, 01:53

drnrg wrote:Ronald
I'll guess you fell asleep

Ronald.
Ha Ha ! You are right.(Wakes up from hangover) :!: I totally overlooked that . Actually I didn't even think him being the same Claudio. I wonder why he hasn't taken up the mic? That would sure shake up the Eurobeat community 8)
Waitwaitwait. Are we talking the same Claudio that goes under Tam Arrow?

I think I just peed with joy. That means there IS someone that spans almost the entire Eurobeat label globe.