Delta On iTunes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 28 Jan 2008, 04:29

Lebon14 wrote:Hmm... I would add 2 Fast - Burning Up The Night (Total Fire) too
Nothing post-178 has been released yet on Juno, so I'm sure it's in the works.

I'll keep my list short (ie, not the entire catalogue), but I'd like to see:

Candy Taylor - Sweet Sixteen Girl
Leslie Parrish - King Of Heart
Paul Harris - Generation Of Love

Those are my tops. :razz:

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 28 Jan 2008, 05:52

Mira La Luna and all the Daniel stuff :>

DigitalCyber
Eurocurious

Post by DigitalCyber » 29 Jan 2008, 20:05

edit - nevermind

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Jan 2008, 04:27

You guys may or may not remeber not these, but I really would like extendeds of the first Mad Max tracks, No More Lonely Nights , Stay With Me and Don't Break My Heart. If I remember correctly that last track was Claudio Magnani on vocals. Anyway those are some very underestimated tracks that do wonders with the keyboards. 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Jan 2008, 05:54

drnrg wrote:If I remember correctly that last track was Claudio Magnani on vocals.
And the first 2 Mad Max tracks were by Jimmy Diamond! 8)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Jan 2008, 19:08

drnrg wrote:#Infinity
Nah, I hate hyper techno with a fiery passion. It disgusts me that the same people who sing our fantastic eurobeat songs also perform this ugly genre of Spanish, yelling, and cursing.
I agree with you up to that part. :P
True... --wait. Does "Bitch is a Bitch" count? I liked that one, oddly enough. It almost sounds like a parody of American Rap.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 30 Jan 2008, 20:18

zoupzuop2 wrote:
drnrg wrote:#Infinity
Nah, I hate hyper techno with a fiery passion. It disgusts me that the same people who sing our fantastic eurobeat songs also perform this ugly genre of Spanish, yelling, and cursing.
I agree with you up to that part. :P
True... --wait. Does "Bitch is a Bitch" count? I liked that one, oddly enough. It almost sounds like a parody of American Rap.
Bitch is a Bitch is certainly Hyper Techno.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Jan 2008, 20:30

Stephy Martin is a brilliant vocalist, but that song is just trying to be good because of how bad it is, much similar to Akyr Music's other productions (Rainbow and High School Teacher anyone?). Her other songs there are solid, though.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 30 Jan 2008, 22:38

#Infinity wrote:Stephy Martin is a brilliant vocalist, but that song is just trying to be good because of how bad it is, much similar to Akyr Music's other productions (Rainbow and High School Teacher anyone?). Her other songs there are solid, though.

What's that supposed to mean?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Jan 2008, 23:48

It's really corny and has lyrics that obviously aren't supposed to be taken seriously. Hi-NRG Atack tends to create nonsensical productions all the time, but tracks such as Rainbow and High School Teacher are just plain WHAT in terms of melodic structure and presentation.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Jan 2008, 05:14

It's really corny and has lyrics that obviously aren't supposed to be taken seriously. Hi-NRG Atack tends to create nonsensical productions all the time, but tracks such as Rainbow and High School Teacher are just plain WHAT in terms of melodic structure and presentation
What? Obviously you are not a big fan of Dead Or Alive's "You Spin Me Round" melody; which strikes me as odd, because many of HRG Attack and male Saifam songs ooze of that structure. In Rainbow's defense; I believe it's a very well put together song. Musically and Vocaly. I have no idea who is singing , but he does his best to capture the Pete Burns style.It perfectly captures the essence of tuff, sexy and Macho Eurobeat...and it should have stayed with it's original artist name of Dr. Gee. I can't get give Newfield enough praises for that song and it's Extened on Juno. I can't defend High School Teacher, because I never heard it, but if it sounds anything like Rainbow, then it gets my vote 8)

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 31 Jan 2008, 07:36

#Infinity wrote:It's really corny and has lyrics that obviously aren't supposed to be taken seriously. Hi-NRG Atack tends to create nonsensical productions all the time, but tracks such as Rainbow and High School Teacher are just plain WHAT in terms of melodic structure and presentation.
I hate to question you again, but what do you mean by "WHAT" exactly? I don't even know if you're being scolding or endorsing.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 31 Jan 2008, 15:11

You honestly don't understand what WHAT means? :???:
drnrg wrote:What? Obviously you are not a big fan of Dead Or Alive's "You Spin Me Round" melody; which strikes me as odd, because many of HRG Attack and male Saifam songs ooze of that structure. In Rainbow's defense; I believe it's a very well put together song. Musically and Vocaly. I have no idea who is singing , but he does his best to capture the Pete Burns style.It perfectly captures the essence of tuff, sexy and Macho Eurobeat...and it should have stayed with it's original artist name of Dr. Gee. I can't get give Newfield enough praises for that song and it's Extened on Juno. I can't defend High School Teacher, because I never heard it, but if it sounds anything like Rainbow, then it gets my vote 8)
Oh, I don't hate Rainbow at all, but it's still a really hilarious track to listen to. It's emphasizing so much to be catchy (it is), but since it's radically different from a more typical aggressive eurobeat track, it stands out in so many bizarre ways. Take for example the wacky intro, the vocals, and the uniquely sexually suggestive lyrics, and you've got something that completely redefines a "gangster"-type song.

As for High School Teacher, you can listen to its sample on iTunes. However, I guarantee that it isn't anything like Rainbow. It's just as wacky, but in a completely different sense. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the worst eurobeat song you've ever heard in your life. :P

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 31 Jan 2008, 15:39

I really enjoy Rainbow. It lends a rather more grungy sound to Eurobeat which is a nice change, yet it throws in the unexpected with the faux-operatic sounding vocals at the start and the manic pacing of the song.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 31 Jan 2008, 18:15

Of course I know what the word means.

But if I say "This sandwich is what." What the hell is that supposed to mean to me?

And Rainbow owns you. Fiercely.

Woot, 500posts.