Super Eurobeat 186

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 24 Feb 2008, 12:16

drnrg wrote: 2.Saifam.It's not hoorrendous, but I can't get myself to sing along.
Coo Coo - Age Age All The Time
Oresama explained before that Age age meant getting higher and higher.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 24 Feb 2008, 17:27

And in the original title of the song it has those little male symbols next to each 'Age'

I wonder what that could mean? :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Feb 2008, 03:16

Bore
Oresama explained before that Age age meant getting higher and higher.

Oh I know that. It's still a fun silly song, that I can't get myself to sing a long to. I'd rather get high on Dee Dee's "Cocaine" :P

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 28 Feb 2008, 05:04

according to 185 bookelt Disc 1 is going to be 13 extended version and not 18 edits, which is prolly why it's getting cheaper :O

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 28 Feb 2008, 05:11

So what could we assume then...

2x A-Beat C
2x TIME
2x Delta
2x Hi-NRG Attack
2x SCP
1x GGM
1x SinclaireStyle
1x Saifam?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Feb 2008, 05:29

With good news ,there is also always a kick in the balls :-x I could understand when it was only TIME, AbeatC and DELTA= less songs, but now with six labels, there is no escuse for such atrocity. So we only get 13 song? This has something to do with how many trax can fit on a cd, right? If not why not 18 extendeds?

Now for the positive side. We are getting extendeds, wich gives the song a better chance for the producers to get creative withinstrumental breaks and what not and by using less songs, we could be ensuring SEB to be around for a longer TIME. Gives them more TIME to create 13 Bombas instead of 10 good songs out of 18.

#Infinty just mentioned on another post how great it would be to get new HRG Attck on Juno downloads. Well how about HRG extendeds on SEB? and for me ,of course, I get TIME in extended. I just hope it's not two remakes? I guess MumO will take the biggest slack in sales, especially since it's so much easier to aquire SEB. At least for me it's good news.

People we could be experiencing the rebirth of early Eurobeat Flash. I say that , because they were more diverse than Maharaja Nights

ALL HAIL EXTENDED EUROBEAT :D 8) :grin:
Last edited by drnrg on 28 Feb 2008, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 28 Feb 2008, 05:45

drnrg wrote:Gives them more TIME to create 13 Bombas instead of 10 good songs out of 18.
We're still dealing with Avex here, so you might as well get 13 really crappy songs, instead of 13 'bombas'. ):

I've got mixed feelings here. It's cool that we'll have the extended versions cd quality right from the start, but it also means we'll have less variety in the songs, as there are less. :\

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Feb 2008, 06:01

MKwiakaku
I've got mixed feelings here. It's cool that we'll have the extended versions cd quality right from the start, but it also means we'll have less variety in the songs, as there are less. :\
I see your point. I really do, but if you recall, when SEB was extended and especially early Eurobeat Flash, almost all, if not all the tracks were great.

This also puts the Bigger Eurobeat Labels in competition to turn our better songs. SomeTIMEs they can get a little laid back, but when they feel a little threatening competition, it will make them strive harder to attain the better Eurobeat track on the cd. At least this is the positve side I see.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Feb 2008, 06:14

Shawaazu wrote:according to 185 bookelt Disc 1 is going to be 13 extended version and not 18 edits, which is prolly why it's getting cheaper :O
Oh my god, that's so awful. I can only hope it's just a typo. Having the songs in extended format really doesn't make any difference for me; I enjoy them just as much in SEB form. 5 fewer tracks per album is horrible news imo. It'll make this the very first Super Eurobeat with only 13 tracks since SEB 62 (which contained only 2 labels and not 8). :???:

Not 100% sure about it though, as CD Japan still states that it has 18 tracks on Disc 1 along with 5 remixes on Disc 2.
Last edited by #Infinity on 28 Feb 2008, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Feb 2008, 06:26

Taken from NRG Express.

2008/04/02 Release
SUPER EUROBEAT VOL.186 〔収録曲〕〔レビュー〕
(EUROBEAT)
(AVCD-10186/B / \2,300 / CDx2 / Extended + Remix)
松野さん、マジですか!ついにSEBがExtended13曲収録に!そのほかSinclaire Style、SAIFAM復帰とのこと!大注目!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Feb 2008, 06:28

Way to spoil the mood, Avex. I was looking so forward to this compilation until I heard about this news. :(

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Feb 2008, 06:36

I'm guessing this could be a joint effort between AVEX and Labels to get the Eurobeat interest up again. the lackluster sales could be a reason for lowering the price, but they are still giving us something good in return. It's not even half as bad as the 130s when we got 13 tracks, but in edit. At least we are still getting 8 labels just that the songs will be longer. Am I the only one who sees a positve side to this :?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Feb 2008, 06:46

It's just not the same experience without a completed 18. Also, extensions are fine, but they cause the album to drag more because of the length and the urge to just move on. Heck, Rock 'N Roll and all Hi-NRG Attack songs 2004 and newer are basically already SEB length in default form. I don't like the lack of representation of all of the labels, as it gives so much less to look forward to next month. It's bad enough only getting 1 or no songs from GGM each release, and taking it to a fuller extent is definitely not something that I'm looking forward to. Simply to put it, variety is good, but to feature 8 different labels with only 13 songs is just complete overkill imo.

BTW, the only albums in the 130's with less than 18 tracks were 134-139 (137-aside), and even then, they got 15 songs and not 13. It was understandable anyway, since it's probably difficult for only 3 labels to keep up with 18 tracks per month all the time.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 28 Feb 2008, 07:14

I'm a bit excited for this change. I tend to like the extendeds more, so even if fewer tracks are on the playlist, I don't feel too bothered.

Side thought: Can people stop assuming things we don't have any grounds for guessing? Avex is not balanced, so trying to equalize the space each label gets is practically unrealistic. Also, since this hasn't been done since SEB 62, we might as well sit-back and wait.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 28 Feb 2008, 08:40

Personally I'm stoked by the idea they're switching back to Extendeds for a change! Let's face it - most of us on here complain bitterly about the way Avex chop out stuff to make the radio edits, so for once we're getting new material in a completely uncut form!

Alright, so we're dropping to 13 songs a month. Personally, given how much A-Beat C and Time have sounded rather stretched lately, it seems like Avex has agreed with the labels that they're going to slow down a bit and give some more creative "breathing space". I'd much rather this happen than have the labels keep churning out duff song after song without the time/energy put into creating one really top tune.

Maybe the golden age isn't happening right now, but I'm much happier for knowing that we can potentially get songs which have the creative juices, that would otherwise have made 4-5 songs, poured into 1-2 instead!