Super Eurobeat 186

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 30 Mar 2008, 06:42

Well, when it's going to be released, half the world will still be having fun with April fools. : P

I LOVE MY DOOOG!

I think the only way I could've liked that song better, if the lyrics were 'cat' instead of 'dog' (I'm a cat-person). Or 'mudkip'. :')!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 Mar 2008, 06:51

drnrg wrote:You know mine :-x
Is it Time's kick-ban by pure luck?
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 30 Mar 2008, 10:10

drnrg wrote:Lebon14
I hear that
Jayveemon on IDW wrote:
From my understanding, I Love My Dog was never intended to be a serious track but a gag track and SCP was surprised Avex even licensed it.

LOL
It seems that lately AVEX is on crack. There desicions have not been good. (insert your example) You know mine :-x
If that's true it just pisses me off. There are so many songs that I want to see on SEB that avex have rejected or delayed and then they go and pull that? =\ What a joke. (Nothing against I Love My Dog, I really am looking forward to that song, but come'on Avex. Release at least one of the GoGo's Music's Go Go Girls's songs.... or even Go Cosplay!!! :P)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 30 Mar 2008, 11:15

Maybe someone has to tell Avex Go Cosplay was a joke too. :')!

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 30 Mar 2008, 20:15

One can maybe hope that we're witnessing the fall of Avex, as far as SEB goes, and someone/something comes along that'll give the labels the ability to release whatever they have to release, when they want to release it, instead of having an overlord like Avex sitting on a song for years at a time.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Mar 2008, 22:08

KitsuneStar wrote:One can maybe hope that we're witnessing the fall of Avex, as far as SEB goes, and someone/something comes along that'll give the labels the ability to release whatever they have to release, when they want to release it, instead of having an overlord like Avex sitting on a song for years at a time.
Mm. The only problem with that, is? Technically, once you get past the "label" side of Avex, that's around. iTunes. Junodownload. Etcetera. The only problem is, a lot of money MADE from Eurobeat is from purchases of the whole album. Money is made, then, on EVERY song, along with the plastic and silicon and whatnot. However, when these songs are available track by track, listeners are able to cherry-pick their favorites, and albums sell poorly while song purchases may rocket. Super Eurobeat was the first and biggest name to give that access TO the Eurobeat labels. Farm and SAIFAM just don't have that staying power with Eurobeat; AVEX has made it too strong a staple.

Besides. Without AVEX, some of the songs would never have been made. They commission specific songs from specific artists sometimes, as some of us know from listening to interviews, discussions, etcetera... if Avex were gone, some really good stuff would never have come out.

AVEX. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. :\
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 31 Mar 2008, 12:14

SCP girls I enjoyed.
Bratt's tune was cool! But now give us some romantic girls songs!
Best from Delta: Melody&Mezzo. Though they do owe some royalties
to classical composers,..no..?
On a side note, their other yet-Newfield-unpicked tune *i wanna be your star* is a nice future release option, in my opinion. I loved that song preview on their myspace page! Superb melodics! And nice vocals.
Great idea to give chances to independent artists! This oughta be
continued.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 31 Mar 2008, 13:03

^ There's already a Eurobeat remix for "I Wanna Be Your Star" on the single on amazon.com. So, except Melody & Mezzo themselve liscence it to Avex with the label they are on now (not Delta...), we cannot expect the Eurobeat remix of "I Wanna Be Your Star" to be on SEB.

Well, it could be a good idea to liscence it...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Apr 2008, 04:15

I'd rather hear the creativity of each labels individuality, then to have them just revemp songs from other Dance genres.
High Energy genre remakes remakes will allways sound great, because of the allready incorporated keyboard riffs. SAW(dead Or Alive,Banana ramma, Rick Astly) also sound great ,beacuse of there groovy dica vibe and galloping bass line. Freestyle(Covergirls, Expose, Johnny O) would also sound great, beacuse of the latin flava and lyrics and I surely I welcome Rock made into Eurobeat, beacuse it really presents a challenge to rewrite the melody to fit Eurobeat soundworlds, but mediocre dance/Video Game hits sound too easy. That Melody & Mezzo song would sound amazing as an instrumental and I hope DELTA would release an Alternate Instrumental version, because the new synth riff really deserves it.
..and just for the record I didn't really care all too much for TIME's Venga Boys and Haiducci remakes iether , but I did love "Anotherone Bites The Dust","Heaven" and DELTA's Bon Jovi remakes were right on target too. The New Rebell Yell sound awesome, because it followes a similiar trend that Cherry's "Rain"(The Cult) had . Fast,Intense and Fierce. Three words that I would like to hear more first TIME listeners associate Eurobeat with 8)

As far as AVEX choosing songs: They should go 50/50. Maybe let them choose one month and the label choose another month. Avex has been wrong many a TIMEs and to have songs locked away in the archives just beacuse AVEX says they will not become hits, is just wrong. This month from samples I hear, it sounds like AVEX had candies and baloons clouding thier judgment. :P

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 01 Apr 2008, 07:40

drnrg wrote:I'd rather hear the creativity of each labels individuality, then to have them just revemp songs from other Dance genres.
High Energy genre remakes remakes will allways sound great, because of the allready incorporated keyboard riffs. SAW(dead Or Alive,Banana ramma, Rick Astly) also sound great ,beacuse of there groovy dica vibe and galloping bass line. Freestyle(Covergirls, Expose, Johnny O) would also sound great, beacuse of the latin flava and lyrics and I surely I welcome Rock made into Eurobeat, beacuse it really presents a challenge to rewrite the melody to fit Eurobeat soundworlds, but mediocre dance/Video Game hits sound too easy. That Melody & Mezzo song would sound amazing as an instrumental and I hope DELTA would release an Alternate Instrumental version, because the new synth riff really deserves it.
..and just for the record I didn't really care all too much for TIME's Venga Boys and Haiducci remakes iether , but I did love "Anotherone Bites The Dust","Heaven" and DELTA's Bon Jovi remakes were right on target too. The New Rebell Yell sound awesome, because it followes a similiar trend that Cherry's "Rain"(The Cult) had . Fast,Intense and Fierce. Three words that I would like to hear more first TIME listeners associate Eurobeat with 8)

As far as AVEX choosing songs: They should go 50/50. Maybe let them choose one month and the label choose another month. Avex has been wrong many a TIMEs and to have songs locked away in the archives just beacuse AVEX says they will not become hits, is just wrong. This month from samples I hear, it sounds like AVEX had candies and baloons clouding thier judgment. :P
Take TIME for instance...I would totally love to hear Annie's unreleased tracks from the catalog I saw or some of the Cherry songs from back in the day. Hell, if Final Destination can be released in 08 when it was made in 04-05, we can certainly hear older songs. I'm sure some of the older unreleased songs are pure meth!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 01 Apr 2008, 16:31

Here's how we can market Eurobeat to Americans.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 01 Apr 2008, 16:42

Wow... I can officially say that i cant view these forums at work anymore...lol

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 01 Apr 2008, 19:24

Wataru, that was awesome and.... HAHA kinda sadly true!

Hmm I think it's awesome that Melody & Mezzo got their song on SEB. Variety is great... it keeps things moving and not dying. After all, if I thought everyone were already out there, why would I make music? And then what if everyone thought that? No more music!
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 01 Apr 2008, 21:52

Nine wrote:Wow... I can officially say that i cant view these forums at work anymore...lol
I am at work and laughing my ass off :D

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 02 Apr 2008, 00:35

Only flaw is, to most Americans, SEB _IS_ "shit-packing queermo" music.