Super Eurobeat 187

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 May 2008, 07:39

Nine
If you want to put a label on a group of singers who sound emotionless I think that crown goes to ABeatC's more seasoned line-up, not GGM's new-comers. Dave's been sounding like he's sung one too many tracks and is finally realizing it, Annerley sounds like she's holding back way too much, and Nuage just sounds uninspired. Compare these singers to their earlier tracks and you'll notice the big difference from then and now.
I wouldn't disagree completely here, but I wouldn't agree neither. In fact Dave has had quite a few tracks were he sounded phenomonal.

Disco Fire
The VIP is JP
Sun City
Like A Video

Nuage has been doing pretty great to. It isn't too far away from Shine and I at least liked My Blue Sky.

The thing about AbeatC is that they should concebtrate more on molding thier new artists instead of letting them fade away into oblivion

Neo,Ray Sun, Freddy Rodgers and a little more Kelly T. wouldn't hurt thier current roster.

Annerly is ok. I like her better when she sings at TIME :P

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 23 May 2008, 23:41

I actually thought The VIP was JP was pretty weak vocally (besides the whole JUNCTION PRODUCE! thing hehe) and the vocals in Sun City 2008 don't stand up to the original. Like a Video I don't have many comments on because the song as a whole didn't appeal to me one bit. Although, compare Like a Video to Don't Make Me Cry vocally. Compare Let's Go Dee Jay to Baby Get My Fire. I don't know if it's just the style of the music that makes me focus more on the vocal performance but really I'd rather have Annerley perform how she did prior to her return than she does now. *shrugs*

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 24 May 2008, 01:24

Nine wrote:If you want to put a label on a group of singers who sound emotionless I think that crown goes to ABeatC's more seasoned line-up, not GGM's new-comers. Dave's been sounding like he's sung one too many tracks and is finally realizing it, Annerley sounds like she's holding back way too much, and Nuage just sounds uninspired. Compare these singers to their earlier tracks and you'll notice the big difference from then and now.
Not so much Dave, but I agree with you on Annerley and Nuage (and as laid back as her style of singing is, even Maybe Tonite is more energetic than the more recent Norma efforts).

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 May 2008, 02:37

Nine
I actually thought The VIP was JP was pretty weak vocally (besides the whole JUNCTION PRODUCE! thing hehe) and the vocals in Sun City 2008 don't stand up to the original. Like a Video I don't have many comments on because the song as a whole didn't appeal to me one bit. Although, compare Like a Video to Don't Make Me Cry vocally. Compare Let's Go Dee Jay to Baby Get My Fire. I don't know if it's just the style of the music that makes me focus more on the vocal performance but really I'd rather have Annerley perform how she did prior to her return than she does now. *shrugs*
Ha Ha! You got me there. Those two songs are from thier better years. They definatley showed more Fire vocally. I still stand by Disco Fire and oh yeah, I forgot to mention Lucky Man too.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 24 May 2008, 10:07

Yeah, where the heck did Neo vanish to? He had one of my favourite A-Beat C tracks of the 160's - I Was Born For Burning - and I honestly thought he would be used a lot more than has been.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 24 May 2008, 14:15

Ugh yeah, I miss Neo badly. Midnight Love set the example as to exactly what A-Beat C should've followed when trying to revamp their sound for the better.

I'm also surprised how inactive Powerful T. was during the 180's, with only one track to offer in contrast to his six from the 170's. Guess he's just working more with his band instead of Pasquini as of late?
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 May 2008, 20:32

#Infinity
I'm also surprised how inactive Powerful T. was during the 180's, with only one track to offer in contrast to his six from the 170's. Guess he's just working more with his band instead of Pasquini as of late?

You are right. I didn't even notice Powerful T's absence. Man, that ABeatC roster is getting smaller by the minute.

I know it was a tragedy, but I wonder how great AbeatC would sound if at this moment young Giacomo Caria was still around? Bang bang Boom Boom and Light My Fire were the best of the best.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 24 May 2008, 21:23

I don't think the vocalists make that much of a difference tbh - it's the production methods that matter the most. At the moment, A-Beat C can occasionally pull this off fairly decently (see Matt Land - Gunfire + Magical), but if you compare their status to what they were in 2003 - 2006, their synths are absolute crap, believe me.

Even some of the best titles have mostly not been able to live up to their earlier performances. Powerful T. and Nuage, for example, were like gods when they debuted on 111 and 126 respectively, but their later performances were generally okay at best, usually just plain mediocre. Powerful T.'s last good song was Into The Daylight (similar track to Midnight Love imo), then everything that followed was just dull and boring; Nuage's last hit for me was Shine, then her releases, while generally better than anything from the rest of the roster, didn't stand out very much (Everybody Shake was nice, but it's still pretty weak if you compare it to the likes of Let's Go Dee Jay from 157).

So even if older titles such as Neo, Mickey B., and Giacomo Caria made comebacks, it's pretty unlikely that they'd make much of an impact. I'm just quietly waiting for a new producer to join the label with a handful of fresh ideas and better sounds. Vocalists matter, yes (most of the songs by Matt Land, Dave Rodgers, and Nuage have easily surpassed the ones by Annalise and Norma Sheffield), but at the moment, to revive this struggling label, something more needs to be done.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 May 2008, 03:49

#Infinity
but if you compare their status to what they were in 2003 - 2006, their synths are absolute crap, believe me.
QFT. That to me is the biggest set back. What possessed Giancarlo to change his synth sound anyway? Now a days they sound so week.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 25 May 2008, 04:47

For me, Nuage's best track would be "Rock Your Body". She put it on her myspace. But, unfortunately, it's unreleased... only if A-Beat-C would sound less mediocre these days... I don't remember a good track by A-Beat-C except "Magical" and "Gunfire" by Matt Land...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 25 May 2008, 04:59

I'm pretty sure it's due to Sandro Oliva's withdrawal.
That explain well how the skills and workmanship of sound engineers
are important in Eurobeat productions.

I think drnrg recall this, but we saw Saifam fell into the same situation
as today's ABeatC when Newfield left Saifam to take charge of TIME's
Eurobeat productions.
ImageImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 25 May 2008, 14:44

drnrg wrote:#Infinity
but if you compare their status to what they were in 2003 - 2006, their synths are absolute crap, believe me.
QFT. That to me is the biggest set back. What possessed Giancarlo to change his synth sound anyway? Now a days they sound so week.
They HAVE brought a few of those synths back. The sabi sounds in Little Desire and Magical were the classic "chirp" synth sound that I so love.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 25 May 2008, 16:01

My fave synth sounds that A-Beat C have used can be heard in I Was Born For Burning by Neo (SEB 163) and Fly In The Sky by Karen (SEB 165). When they bring that focused, powerful sound back, I'll be happy! :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 May 2008, 23:41

oresama-chan
I think drnrg recall this, but we saw Saifam fell into the same situation
as today's ABeatC when Newfield left Saifam to take charge of TIME's
Eurobeat productions.
I remember that well enough. Though with the departure of Newfield, came the semi-addition of Claudio Accantino, which wasn't a bad thing at all :D You could definately hear his influence on tracks like My Boy, and Russian.

I'm pretty sure that if he remained with Farina , Saifam tracks would sound way different. In the end I'm glad Claudio has stayed with HRG Attack.

They HAVE brought a few of those synths back. The sabi sounds in Little Desire and Magical were the classic "chirp" synth sound that I so love.
I think those were Sandros keybords and Dave only borrows them from TIMe to TIME. :P

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 26 May 2008, 00:27

What? Claudio Accatino had been there from the start. :P

ref.
ARD1001 Laurie - Chica Cubana
RDD1002 Chris - Two By Two
ImageImageImage