End Of An Era

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Apr 2008, 23:01

Jion wrote:Maybe one of his songs will show up sometime soon (afterall Casanova's song The Hero was made in 1996 and didn't get put on an album till 157).
Eh, I don't believe Sinclaire's website. I mean, c'mon, Alibi by Melody & Pretty Woman was listed as a song from 2005 even though Super Eurobeat 139 was released in 2003. And when the Delta catalogue's 10th number (One More Night by Melody) is apparently older than 2, 4, and 6 (Big Desire / Za-Za, Let Me Be Your Baby / Vicky Vale, and Endless Love / Melody), something has to be inaccurate. Besides, does The Hero really sound like a song made in 1996?

The most outdated track to appear on a Super Eurobeat album, however, is Give Me Another Chance by Susy (R. of Hi-NRG Attack), a song made around 1999/2000 that debuted on SEB 167 six and a half years later.

omega666
Eurocurious

Post by omega666 » 06 Apr 2008, 03:56

Niko Kickboxing was made in 2000 and 8 years later it still hasn't been used.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 06 Apr 2008, 04:20

^ and it NEVER will be. So lets all forget it existed :evil:
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 06 Apr 2008, 05:33

wolftickets1969 wrote:
Jion wrote: Karen hasn't been at A-Beat C in years. She's dissapeared literally. As for Lisa Lion, she does other things and her Eurobeat is more of a side project. Damon has many songs available but Avex hasn't put them on an album. Maybe one of his songs will show up sometime soon (afterall Casanova's song The Hero was made in 1996 and didn't get put on an album till 157).
The two "Karen" songs on Euromach 3, Everlasting Love and Waiting for You, seem to be a totally different singer than Ms Wainwright, is that so? I guess the real Karen disappeared earlier than thought. Did she die or something?
I think she died. I feel horrible for saying this, but I tried to look for her obituary online :???:

I'm disappointed that Denise had to go, since she has always been popular in the Japanese Eurobeat scene. I think it's a mistake to let her leave, but her latest songs just haven't been up to par with what she used to release when she first came out. I hope if she finds another label, they'll use her full potential and do songs that'll make her happy and good.
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 06 Apr 2008, 05:38

d-tan wrote:I think she died. I feel horrible for saying this, but I tried to look for her obituary online :???:
Wow, that's really sad. :( How and when did she pass away?

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 06 Apr 2008, 05:43

#Infinity wrote:
d-tan wrote:I think she died. I feel horrible for saying this, but I tried to look for her obituary online :???:
Wow, that's really sad. :( How and when did she pass away?
I didn't find it XD I tried for like an hour and gave up lololol But I'm still assuming she's dead since she was going through "hard times" before she disappeared out of nowhere.
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

Ronald
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Ronald » 06 Apr 2008, 07:03

Maybe nice to mention that Norma has not left ABEATC (source GP).
Maybe nice to mention that Karen is not dead but hard to find (source GP).
And about Denise who's the source .................?!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!??

Have a good weekend! And keep up the gossip!
Asspecially around ABEATC, I don't know what GP did wrong to some of you people. I'll guess the split with Mirka, Sandro, the entry of Denise and perhaps a sound which is to good (over the years). I don't know, but anyway it's good for a :)

Have good weekend!

Ronald. :D

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 06 Apr 2008, 07:18

ronald wrote:And about Denise who's the source .................?!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!??
http://supereuropower.blogspot.com/2008 ... c-era.html

Looks like [someone] got the word from Denise herself.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 06 Apr 2008, 13:52

Has it officially been confirmed that Karen's not dead? Another bulletin board last year said she had officially been declared missing, and therefore couldn't be confirmed alive or dead.
Anyone remember Valentina? She's been gone even longer. Is she still alive?

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 06 Apr 2008, 14:28

Yeah, Valentina is fine.
You can see her singing on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xNVESHr6T0
ImageImageImage

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 06 Apr 2008, 17:47

wolftickets1969... Valentina is Elena Ferretti... she has been around since SEB 1 as many names and sings with TIME (or whatever new incarnation those producers will have, I assume.)

Karen could have just moved on from the scene, who knows?

I believe Norma leaving was a rumor.

As far as only Annerley and Kelly T left... hmm don't underestimate Annerley, folks. She wrote hits like "Rhythm of the Night" by Corona... VERY talented woman... And Giancarlo has been in the scene forever - he's very talented and I'm sure he'll do just fine. He certainly knows how to find great vocalists... Elena Gobbi, Annerley, Kelly T. etc etc... I'm sure he'll find some more.

I will always be a huge fan of A Beat C... remember those decades of hits from them? Still my favorite eurobeat usually... those early and mid-nineties A Beat C Tracks.

There is no reason to hate any label or artist - to do so is to pull down eurobeat from within - it's already a small genre, so let's show support... I'm sure it's not easy running a record label and organizing all these people with different interests...
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 06 Apr 2008, 17:56

hey you're thinking of VICTORIA, not Valentina. Valentina is Barbara Manischalch.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 06 Apr 2008, 17:57

wolftickets1969 wrote:hey you're thinking of VICTORIA, not Valentina. Valentina is Barbara Manischalch.
For future reference the name had been haunting the db for a while, not there anymore. The ex names that have been loitering about the database are due to the extent of actual information regarding eurobeat artists being revealed during the past years. A lot more of information is about the net now than when the initial rush to create the database was done.
Barbara = Elena.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 06 Apr 2008, 19:40

So they were one and the same? I guess that's why they sounded so similar. I thought Elena was only with Time. Another name that still haunts the database is Cristiana Cucchi, although she was just the model of Bazooka Girl and not the actual singer. Several recent songs sung by Monica were(and still are) also mislabled as Melody(mispelled Melodia) Castellari although they were produced long after she left HRG.
Is it true the original version of Night of Fire was sung by Edo(Niko's model) rather than Maurizio?
As for Karen, according to Initial D World, she was last seen alive in 1997, and was in declining health. So maybe she is dead. RIP. She will be missed.
BTW Waiting For You is not Karen, but Norma Sheffield. Still have doubts about the vocalist of Everlasting Love.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 06 Apr 2008, 20:21

wolftickets1969 wrote:Is it true the original version of Night of Fire was sung by Edo(Niko's model) rather than Maurizio?
Yes, Edo Arlenghi first sang "Nights Of Fire", but Avex refused it and asked for a rerecording. So, Maurizio De Jorio sang it.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite