End Of An Era

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

End Of An Era

Post by Jion » 04 Apr 2008, 12:22

If no one has read the blog yet from a few days ago check it out here. I posted it on April 2nd to avoid anyone thinking of it as an April Fools joke.

http://supereuropower.blogspot.com/
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 04 Apr 2008, 12:25

I expect A-Beat C still has a fair few Nuage songs left in supply for Avex though? So the effects of this probably won't be felt for a little while. Sad news, though!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 04 Apr 2008, 12:49

I will probably sound a A-Beat-C basher but, I don't care about Nuage going away. And, anyway, I didn't have much interrest in her songs anyway.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 04 Apr 2008, 15:09

Is it me, or is there really a LOT changing in the eurobeat world lately? ._.

Jion

Post by Jion » 04 Apr 2008, 17:14

More than you can expect. The biggest thing that is happening is that many labels that were large are now shrinking. The exception to this is Delta which seems to be growing for the moment with the sheer amount of producers that they have (Newfield, Capaldi, Sandrini & Cipro, Arduini, Moroni, Gabrielli). The thing with Delta is that unlike the Newfield-Moroni-Sinclaire era, each producer seems to be more responsible for their own thing as unlike before where every song would say "Produced by Newfield & Sinclaire", the actual producer is listed ("Produced by Newfield, Produced by Morris Capaldi, etc."). The thing with Time seems to be an attempt to extend beyond what they've been working with for the longest time which came back and bit them by Avex taking them out of the SEB series. It almost seems as if every label became more of an indie thing unlike a conglomeration of writers and producers (Delta aside).

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 04 Apr 2008, 17:50

Wow... hmmm. Gosh the only females left at A Beat C are Francesca (Norma) and Annerley... Elena Gobbi went to Go Go, right? Oh and Kelly T, can't forget her (Arianna.)

Hm.
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Apr 2008, 02:04

Nuage is one of those few eurobeat artists who I think would've appealed to areas outside of Japan if eurobeat weren't so narrow-minded into only selling there. She will be greatly missed, as she left us with many great songs. Don't Wanna Lose You Baby, Sunday, I Just Wanna Keep You Hangin' On, and Shine are all absolute CLASSICS in my mind that showcased how eurobeat can join forces with eurodance and work wonders. She was an incredibly tallented singer and perhaps the only one left at A-Beat C that could still release good songs after their downfall.

I wish her good luck in the future. Just too bad that A-Beat C's female lineup is gonna be even more centered uppon Gordon (and Kelly T.) than ever before.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 05 Apr 2008, 02:44

RIP A Beat C, long live Go-Go's.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 05 Apr 2008, 05:18

WHAT??? NO! THIS CANNOT HAPPEN!

...I'd be the only open Ranma fan in the Eurobeat biz... *snif*

Nuage, I doubt you'll read this, but if you do... please know that we thank you immensely for your time and work, and will welcome you back with open arms at any time if you choose to come back.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Jion

Post by Jion » 05 Apr 2008, 06:44

lightsol wrote:Wow... hmmm. Gosh the only females left at A Beat C are Francesca (Norma) and Annerley... Elena Gobbi went to Go Go, right? Oh and Kelly T, can't forget her (Arianna.)

Hm.
Norma actually left A-Beat C too. She retired.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 05 Apr 2008, 13:33

Not only am I going to miss Denise <who>, but there are other artists from the past that need to come back (Karen, Lisa Lion and Damon).

A-BEAT C needs to revamp itself dearly right now. I mean if you're the prominent label for more than 10 years and thing are getting kinda shitty...Get Annerley back to her harsh vocal stylings that we heard in songs like OK ALRIGHT and PLANET OF THE WARRIORS! I really think that my love for A-0EAT C (100-159 era) was there because of the strong female performers like Elena, Denise, and such. Now...I dunno.

Maybe Denise needs to have a rock band like Clara. :!:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Apr 2008, 14:05

para_rigby wrote:Not only am I going to miss Denise <who>, but there are other artists from the past that need to come back (Karen, Lisa Lion and Damon).

A-BEAT C needs to revamp itself dearly right now. I mean if you're the prominent label for more than 10 years and thing are getting kinda shitty...Get Annerley back to her harsh vocal stylings that we heard in songs like OK ALRIGHT and PLANET OF THE WARRIORS! I really think that my love for A-0EAT C (100-159 era) was there because of the strong female performers like Elena, Denise, and such. Now...I dunno.

Maybe Denise needs to have a rock band like Clara. :!:
I had wondered where Karen was as well - Fly In The Sky was an awesome track, and she's a great little vocalist.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 05 Apr 2008, 15:19

If you were a producer, making whatever kind of music, each time with the same vocalists. Don't you think you would want to try new things, and not rehashing old stuff over and over and over again? Stuff gets boring when you stick to the latter, and everyone will be whining about that.

It is true that A-Beat C doesn't have that much female vocalists left, but does that mean we need to get back all the old divas, or maybe scout for some fresh meat? O:

Jion

Post by Jion » 05 Apr 2008, 21:12

para_rigby wrote:Not only am I going to miss Denise <who>, but there are other artists from the past that need to come back (Karen, Lisa Lion and Damon).
Karen hasn't been at A-Beat C in years. She's dissapeared literally. As for Lisa Lion, she does other things and her Eurobeat is more of a side project. Damon has many songs available but Avex hasn't put them on an album. Maybe one of his songs will show up sometime soon (afterall Casanova's song The Hero was made in 1996 and didn't get put on an album till 157).

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 05 Apr 2008, 22:38

Jion wrote: Karen hasn't been at A-Beat C in years. She's dissapeared literally. As for Lisa Lion, she does other things and her Eurobeat is more of a side project. Damon has many songs available but Avex hasn't put them on an album. Maybe one of his songs will show up sometime soon (afterall Casanova's song The Hero was made in 1996 and didn't get put on an album till 157).
The two "Karen" songs on Euromach 3, Everlasting Love and Waiting for You, seem to be a totally different singer than Ms Wainwright, is that so? I guess the real Karen disappeared earlier than thought. Did she die or something?