Plan for a weekly SEPH show thingy

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Plan for a weekly SEPH show thingy

Post by Jion » 15 Apr 2008, 01:09

Hey guys, It's Jorge aka Jion. I have a plan starting next week to do a weekly top 15 show and taking questions and comments and stuff with some calls and junk. What I want from you guys is to send in your votes for your weekly top 10. I intend to have no control over the top 10, I want it to be user generated! Send me messages, requests and comments or questions or even comments about Eurobeat, Hyper Techno and some Cyber Trance. Guys send me emails with the above info to...

vskyrider84@gmail.com

If you're sending me an email with your requests, only ten songs per email per week okay? Send them in! I wanna record come next week!

Jion
Last edited by Jion on 15 Apr 2008, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 15 Apr 2008, 02:18

I take it a weekly top ten would be Eurobeat only (no Hyper Techno?).

And do the songs in the top 10 have to be new?

Jion

Post by Jion » 15 Apr 2008, 02:20

Eurobeat/Hyper Techno/Trance all dictated by your votes. Range is from whenever even old That's Eurobeat albums.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Apr 2008, 04:47

Well take a look at out weekly top 10 thread. That gives an idea of what's poular as far as old and new :D

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 15 Apr 2008, 08:58

Sorry if this is an obvious question but...

Where is this show taking place?

Jion

Post by Jion » 15 Apr 2008, 14:42

I record it and I plan to make it a podcast or up for download. I'm recording the show soon so give me your votes, questions and comments. My question for this episode I want responses to is...

How do you people feel about Super Eurobeat going to 13 tracks?

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 15 Apr 2008, 15:05

Just don't forget to hit record before you start the show :P

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 15 Apr 2008, 15:09

Personally I'm quite happy about it, for several reasons - it gives label producers more time to hone the quality of their songs rather than rushing out 3-4 bland songs (with maybe 1 good one) for each album; we avoid these radio edits which have started to irritate more of late by cutting out good bits of a song; plus the price of the album is considerably cheaper!

So it's all good for me, to be honest! :)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 15 Apr 2008, 16:56

My main concern is the necessity behind the podcast. We already have a Top 10 thread, and we've already discussed the matter of the 13-track format extensively. Are you only going to be reiterating what people have said here? For instance, you've asked what people feel about the 13-track format, and DJ Mike TJG answered your question in this thread. I know how he feels, so why do I need it reiterated in a podcast? Something to consider...

If you decide to go along with the idea or revamp it, TRY to avoid becoming like SEPH and don't let the podcast last for-ever. Also, try to not inundate your podcast with rants about these forums and how you're superior to everybody else. That's basically all Jayveemon does; it's fucking irritating.

I like how you're trying to involve the broader eurobeat community, I just think it needs to be done in some other way where you're not simply repeating what is said here. I'll try to offer some suggestions when it's not 3:00 AM.

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 15 Apr 2008, 19:25

I think it's great that you want to help promote eurobeat....
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 15 Apr 2008, 22:01

Jay wrote:If you decide to go along with the idea or revamp it, TRY to avoid becoming like SEPH and don't let the podcast last for-ever. Also, try to not inundate your podcast with rants about these forums and how you're superior to everybody else. That's basically all Jayveemon does; it's fucking irritating.
I don't know what you mean by rants about these forums. The most I've heard Javier go on about is how he dislikes some of the members never naming any names. And since when has Javi gone on about being superior to others?

I do agree on the length issue though.

Jion

Post by Jion » 16 Apr 2008, 00:20

I definitely don't intend on making it as long as SEPH. It's like an SEPH side project. Think TRL (as it used to be) only eurobeat form and as a radio show. Thats the main thing. I decided to record the first show today with my own top 10 so you guys can see how it is and the next show be a total request show. Also send in vocal clips of comments and questions to my email which is again

vskyrider84@gmail.com

I'll try and include the clips into the show!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 16 Apr 2008, 03:25

I'll need to hear the first show to know how it works, but it sounds like it may work out fine now that you've explained it a little more.
Densetsu13 wrote:I don't know what you mean by rants about these forums. The most I've heard Javier go on about is how he dislikes some of the members never naming any names. And since when has Javi gone on about being superior to others?
I can't cite specific examples without downloading and listening to every episode again, but the comments he makes about eurobeat-prime and its members are usually in bad taste. For instance, "eurobeat-prime is the place where the Internet goes to die." They might be funny at first, but these comments are made quite frequently especially during the later episodes by both Jayveemon and his other male co-host. It becomes tiresome and irritating quickly.

Besides, what's the point of hosting a podcast directed at the general eurobeat community where you're purposely putting down most of the listeners? I know he doesn't specifically name names, but that doesn't help matters. He generalises everybody here as complete fools, hence his arrogance or so-called 'superiority'.

Jion

Post by Jion » 16 Apr 2008, 04:01

The other male host is me lol... I never but once targeted Eurobeat Prime and when I did it was when I as upset about how the community was acting on several things. And I also put my post here on Eurobeat Prime and mentioned this is why I stopped posting as much as I did lol...

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 16 Apr 2008, 04:37

Lets not have a EBPrime vs. SEPH war :C Everyone is Eurobeat and that means love :) So what if Javier says EBPrime is poopy or whatever on his podcast he has said just words and words are often said in vain and not meant so.... yes. Honestly I would come here to die if I was going to die because I like talking about Eurobeat and would rather die talking about Eurobeat than die doing nothing. LOL...

Just like Leslie Parrish says "I say... no wars, no destruction~ No more killed in action~" :P and we all know Leslie Parrish is Clara Moroni. And that means we shouldn't fight.

(All doped up from my meds don't mind me :D)