Super Eurobeat 191

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 04 Oct 2008, 11:30

MKwiakaku wrote:
the_ditz wrote:I'm waiting for somebody to do a full review so I can determine whether it's worth buying...
Or you just buy it to form your own opinion, instead of just following others.
Well there are people here that have similar tastes to me so I know that if I wait to see their opinions of the album, I will know if it would be worth my while shelling out for it as to be honest from the samples the only thing that peaked my interest majorly was Runaway, so I'm not going to shell out for the whole if the other tracks aren't that hot.

Plus when you've had to shell out £470 cos your PC died and another £300 to fix your car, money isn't flowing readily for things like music... :???:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 04 Oct 2008, 18:27

ditz:

The album is super good. Jorge, Javier, dom, infinity and I reviewed 191 for SEPH last night and Javier should have it up today.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 04 Oct 2008, 20:52

Just listened through SEPH 24 and was trying to listen more to the tracks playing in the background and just occasionally catching what you guys were saying, but I reckon it has helped me out, so good job! :grin:

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 04 Oct 2008, 23:31

the_ditz wrote:Just listened through SEPH 24 and was trying to listen more to the tracks playing in the background and just occasionally catching what you guys were saying, but I reckon it has helped me out, so good job! :grin:
I hope you ignored my ABeatC comments, I was in a bit of a pissy mood when we recorded XD

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 05 Oct 2008, 05:23

Nine
The album is super good. Jorge, Javier, dom, infinity and I reviewed 191 for SEPH last night and Javier should have it up today.
So does that mean you guys aren't gonna post your reviews on on this thread anymore? :(

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 05 Oct 2008, 14:36

drnrg wrote:Nine
So does that mean you guys aren't gonna post your reviews on on this thread anymore? :(
i can if u want XD
i just havent had the time to write anything

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 05 Oct 2008, 15:01

I've suddenly realised what the chorus of A Neverending Night reminds me of! A dance track from a compilation I got on my recent holiday to Lanzarote - Oscar Salguero feat. James Bradshaw: This Is My Way.

Listen to the chorus and compare it to the chorus of A Neverending Night - http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_qu ... ar+salguer (the first option is the one). It's a loose connection, but it's there nonetheless... ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Oct 2008, 08:24

Nine
i can if u want XD
i just havent had the time to write anything
Yeah, something to go by. Bore needs to post his too and #Infinity usually posts one too.

I'll probly buy a few from Momu and review those, but I'm definatley purchasing 192. It will be a mile stone with Eurogrooves' debut. 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 Oct 2008, 14:20

drnrg wrote:Yeah, something to go by. Bore needs to post his too and #Infinity usually posts one too.
I wanted to focus my review more within the SEPH podcast this time (it's posted now), but I can still post a review if you'd like. :wink:
ImageImage

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Oct 2008, 14:27

There's mine too! *Hope to have his CD today*
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MAtRiCks » 07 Oct 2008, 21:26

I listened to this SEB and payed good attention to all the tracks, something I rarely do these days. I was very surprised to enjoy it from start to finish without skipping or fast-forwarding once! Its even more surprising, considering the new extended format can make a boring track even worst! :P

Lolita - Hurry Hurry Up (GoGo's Music) 9/10
I love the groovy bass-line in the synths. The song is very energetic and sweet at the same time. As usual, Gobbi's vocals are outstanding and perfect. The tiny C-melo after the second chorus is like the cherry on the sundae.

Babby One - Manga Super Robot (Hi-NRG Attack) 10/10
Amazing!! Hi-NRG Attack fans rejoice, this song has all the good aspects you can expect from them! The vocals are amazing, as usual from Babby One, with super-fun female harmonies. The only sad point I can think of is the structure of the extended version, that isn't very imaginative.

Leo River - Runaway (GoGo's Music) 9/10
Very energetic and entertaining song. I love how the B-Melo is a tribute to Queen - Bicycle Race!! :D the bass-line stands out in the intro and the A-Melo. I won't get tired of this one quick.

Garcon - Ride On My Speedy Car (Hi-NRG Attack) 7/10
Unfortunately, there is NO possible way of singing-along to this song, and this takes away a good part of the fun-factor for me! :( Otherwise, I think the song is enjoyable, especially the addictive B-Melo. I'M not overly impressed overall.

Ducky Chix - Looking For Lovers (Sinclaire Style) 7/10
It's a very cute song, and the vocalist sings in a very Hi-NRG Style. I like the synth-line a lot and the melody is entertaining. The lyrics aren't the greatest IMO. That pre-intro has nothing to do with the song whatsoever, and the end is very abrupt!

Powerful T - Into The Game 7/10
Alex (Densetsu13) and I LOLed so much at the Sabi (I've got the rythm just below my ass!!). Its a nicely written song overall, especially the synth-line, which is the only thing that really stand's out from usual Powerful T songs i think.

Mickey B - A Neverending Night 10/10
It's such a beautiful song! The pre-intro sets a magical and emotional mood, opening the song perfectly. It's a shame we'll lose that part in the non-stop mixes! I'm SO happy Mickey B has really come back! Although this track could have been written for Annerly, as I think her vocals would have also suited the song, I much rather prefer having some variety! The B-Melo also had a touch that reminded me of old Mickey B hits.

Mark Foster - Kiss Me Divine 10/10
I've been singing this song everytime, everywhere, ever since I first heard it. It struck my interest so instantly that I went and listened to the original, which is an amazing track I never payed attention to. I definitely need to go back and listen to those ancient SEB's, because this song is da bomb! The similarities to Tokio Tonight are very obvious though, but a perfect chord progression like this deserves multiple re-works!

Jay Lher - Wildlife 6/10
This song is my least favourite from this artist, but I still enjoy listen to his vocals. Their very unique, and this song also sets a great atmosphere. It still lacks a little something, and I don't think i'll be listening to it for a long time.

Daniel - My Gasoline 7/10
I managed to find similarities to Mira La Luna again, and it makes me wonder how many times their are gonna use this song progression as an inspiration :P it's still very enjoyable, especially the vocals and lyrics in the sabi.

Annalise - Fantasy World 8/10
I'm sold to this women's vocals, and the sabi of this song showcase them perfectly! The synths are nothing special though, and the A-melo goes unnoticed. I think the reason why I like this song so much is because of the sing-along factor.

Go2 - Purple Emotion 6/10
It's a cute song, but it doesn't compare to Music Come On IMO. Again, I don't think it will stay on my ipod for long. It's not boring or annoying though, just not very special.

Cherry - Got To Be Certain 9/10
This song would have got a perfect grade if it was written Delta. Still, they made an amazing job on the cover, and I love love love the groovy 80's flair to it!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Oct 2008, 23:40

I bought the Garcon track of Mumo last night, because I couldn't beleive that I don't instsntly love it. Once again I'm faced with the question? What does he say in the chorus? Is it the same line repeated 4 x? I will review this track only and only after I know that fact, because that will surely have an impact on my rating for it.

#Infinity
I wanted to focus my review more within the SEPH podcast this time (it's posted now), but I can still post a review if you'd like.
I got on that SEPH to check out the reviews, but I didn't see any. Only something that you gotta download to hear the program. Everyone knows I don't download anything unless it's music that I want, so can you please post it too and if you know what Garcon sings in the chorus, i'd appreciate that too. 8)

I'm surprised that noone has mentioned that the outro to "Into The Game" is the intro to Marilyn Manson's Dope Show.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 07 Oct 2008, 23:53

drnrg wrote:I bought the Garcon track of Mumo last night, because I couldn't beleive that I don't instsntly love it. Once again I'm faced with the question? What does he say in the chorus? Is it the same line repeated 4 x? I will review this track only and only after I know that fact, because that will surely have an impact on my rating for it.
It's funny that hrg actually skips the vocals on the sabi D:

Ride on my speedy car
Don't go honey, keep on wishing
Hey don't you see my baby
Turn she's come in
Ride like a speedy car
I'm not a toy to tie, wish you?
I get the fever into
Turn she's come in

so much engrish seriously haha....Sometimes I hardly believe that he's actually saying all of that =/ the lyrics have to be wrong on this one...

Powerful.D
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Powerful.D » 08 Oct 2008, 03:09

Lets do a review, been some time since I last came on. :grin:

1. Lolita - Hurry Up Hurry Up
The new decade begins with none other than Elena Gobbi herself, To me, A Lolita song means high quality, but this song is not quite near the level of Stop the time tonight, Goodnight Kiss (a.k.a The recent hits). The verses are pretty good, but the chrous just cannot create an ultimate hook, Vocals are also good as always. Good job, and also a good start for the 19x.
Grade : 9

2. Babby One - Manga Super Robot
After a good start in the album, the level of the album goes right down with Manga Super Robot. Boring chorus, Boring verses, Boring melody. Overall, just boring. Skip.
Grade : 6

3.Leo River - Runaway
New vocalist, and definitely one heck of a strong name, Definitely GGM at their best. Well made intro, well made chorus, well made melody overall and the vocalist just add the whole extra punch. Exactly how I enjoy my GGM. Good job !
Grade : 10+

4. Garcon - Ride On My Speedy Car.
With that, we start off another HRG production ... and we are treading on a better selection. Ride on my speedy car is a solid song that succeeds its predecessors in so many ways, they are all beaten. Agressive, catchy and also all round, well produce, nothing more I can say. Oh, and the sirens do add half a mark to the song.
Grade : 9 1/2

5. Ducky Chix - Looking for lovers.
If you ask me, I certainly haven't enjoyed Sinclaire productions but alas, this can't be all that bad overall. This songs is slightly annoying at some points of the song, but overall, it really isn't all bad. Just not a bullseye.
Grade : 7

6. Powerful T. - Into The Game
And here we have A-Beat-C, which is IMO, having a roller coaster ride back in 180s, but they are really getting better and songs like that shows us that ABC is still not a label to trifle with, The overall song is just good, chorus is catchy, everything is catchy. Wonderful job by ABC, hope we see more of such productions in the future.
Grade : 10

7.Mickey B. - A Neverending Night
Add another ABC here, and AGAIN, we have another hit in our hands. Its been a while when we heard Mikcey B and her powerful songs. Whenever Mickey B is mentioned, my thoughts go all the way back to songs like Let the rain and Snowgame fighters, and A neverending night just continues that pattern, topping both songs. I would indefinitely name this as my top Mickey B production to date. Looking forward to more.
Grade : 10+

8.Mark Foster - Kiss Me Divine
More divine revisited, first we had Tokyo Tonight, which I had thoroughly enjoyed back in 188, what about this ? Probably fell a notch below Tokyo Tonight. Mark's vocals are as good as always and if you know Divine, you know what to expect from this song, just a level higher but not quite as good as Tokyo Tonight.
Grade : 8 1/2

9.Jay Lehr - Wildlife
Whenever I see a Jay Lehr song, I rarely get my hopes too high, even when most songs are pretty much quite enjoyable to me. Wildlife is a revisit to the styles that are used in his previous songs, and probably not quite as good as say Mystic Love, but still a good song nonetheless.
Grade : 8+

10. Daniel - My Gasoline
This song didn't orginally strike me as enjoyable and I was about to diss this song off as Daniel's worse song to date, but as time passes with heavy airplay , this song finally revealed to me that its definitely a hit, and a bullseye at that. Even as I am typing this review, the catchy chorus and Daniel's wonderful vocals just keep getting stucked in my head, the part where Daniel says "Down, Down wanna get you down down" sounds irresistable and this song is just that, irresistable. Daniel has yet to appear in a bad song and this follows the successful formula that made songs like Frontal Impact, One more try, Full Metal cars and Spirit of the night a success, maybe even better. He is easily my favourite male artist at the moment, Well Done !
Grade : 10+++

11. Annalise - Fantasy World
While Powerful T and Mickey B strikes the bullseye, Annalise just missed it. This song is standard Annalise fare and I don't really enjoyed much of Annalise songs, maybe except Promised Land.Nothing much to add here except this song doesn't create the necessary hooks to catch me.
Grade : 6 1/2

12. Go 2 - Purple Emotion.
So after the not-so-awesome Music Come On!, We got another ballad called Purple Emotion, but this song do have an exceptional hook to it and a higher level melody that makes it rise above Music Come On!, a cool melody, nice chorus, not a bullseye. Give me more Power and NRG.
Grade : 8

13. Got to be certain - Cherry

A cover ? Maybe just better. Not anywhere near the level of the best cherry has to offer.
Grade : 8

Final Grade : 9+

Final words :
With that, we begin the 19x decade, There are technically no bad songs but very mediocre songs, A new themed album is fine but there are some songs that just doesn't suit the theme but are still good to listen somewhere else. I am pretty much torn for the best songs as this album has more than 3 good songs. On to 192 we go, stay tuned.

Best 4 songs :
Daniel - My Gasoline
Leo River - Runaway
Powerful. T - Into the game
Mickey B - A Neverending Night

Worst 3 Songs :
Annalise - Fantasy World
Ducky Chix - Looking For Lovers
Babby One - Manga Super Robot

Honorable mentions :
None Given, its either good or bad in this album.
Objectives: Eurobeat (OF COURSE!) [Member of EBP].
My Favourites: Too many to be named !
Current hook : Midnight Love - Neo
Notice : None Yet.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 08 Oct 2008, 03:35

Yeap, I kind of agree with Powerful.D 's review. :grin: