Super Eurobeat 191

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Jion

Post by Jion » 20 Oct 2008, 22:41

aka Dave Rodgers! lol...
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Oct 2008, 02:07

Ugh, with even drnrg and the_ditz coming to like Ride On My Too Speedy Car more, am I seriously the only person left not really digging the song at all? :?
ImageImage

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 22 Oct 2008, 05:41

I believe A Neverending Night and Into The Game are new tracks, since the first tracks where Dave was credited as Alkogan (not counting his FLEA days, of course) were the Powerful T/Ace Warrior rock covers on D1 Grand Prix Presents Tokyo Drift.

By the way, Alkogan is an interesting pun - that's how Italians pronounce Hulk Hogan! :D

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 22 Oct 2008, 12:00

cheeseman wrote:I believe A Neverending Night and Into The Game are new tracks, since the first tracks where Dave was credited as Alkogan (not counting his FLEA days, of course) were the Powerful T/Ace Warrior rock covers on D1 Grand Prix Presents Tokyo Drift.
I'm not saying the soundworlds to A Neverending Night are old, since they obviously aren't. But the vocals could've been recorded a while ago.

Either way, my top 3 of the album:

1. Mickey B. - A Neverending Night
2. Daniel - My Gasoline
3. Leo River - Runaway

Bottom 3:

1. Powerful T. - Into The Game
2. Lolita - Hurry Up Hurry Up
3. Go 2 - Purple Emotion

Heh. My top 3 was exactly the same as Bore's, but our bottom 3's were very different.

191 was an album that grew on me the more I listened to it. I was indifferent to nearly all of the songs except two when I first listened to the samples, but I've come to like most of the productions in full. I have to say I was particularly disappointed in the big names of the album, which constitute my bottom 3.

There really isn't much else to say, except I'm a tad worried about the direction Elena Gobbi is headed down. Her hits during the 140s and 150s were absolutely incredible, yet nowadays the productions she releases are my least played from every album. I can't really figure out why. Perhaps I've just grown bored of her, or maybe she's losing the spark she once had. "Hurry Up Hurry Up" is very much akin to "Goodnight Kiss" as far as her vocalwork is concerned - less impactful in comparison to her songs during the 140s and 150s.

I was pleasantly surprised with "Fantasy World." Many elements of the production reminded me of "Promised Land", which I too enjoyed. Actually, Gordon's last three releases on SEB were the best she's released for a while, so she may be starting to redeem herself. There's still a long ways to go however.