Saifam (Asia) @ Juno Download!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Jul 2008, 22:25

There a quite a few songs here that are so much better than Heartbreak. Rainbow ,for instance has a much better chord progression and Mauro sounds more interested to sing it. There is a nice pace of melody from Verses to Chorus. I couldn't appreciate Day by Day & Everynight, cuz it jumps up 50 bpms during the clip.

As for femlae songs, I found Valerie Scott- Losing My Heart, Radiorama's- It's my life,and especially Lara's baby You'll Be Mine to be full of Italo vibes, which made the 80's Asia songs such classics.

Angelica's song sounds abit too comercial, especially the vocalist or at least the way she sings that particular song.

Typsy & Typsy-Baby Boy- sounds so cool with those Piano bits added in here and there giving it a disco flava. Normally not my cup of tea, but since it's slower in bpms, it's sounding fun. Would have been better suited for Gypsy Baby or Lolly O title.

Bomba Boma has to much refrain to the reagoton song titles and I hate that. plus it's way too happy for Mauro. Yuk.

Valerie Scott seems to get the best songs this round, with Butterfly being the example of the female Saifam Eurobeat I love. Tthe chorus and a riff that would better suit a male vocalist, but sounds hot for a girl, like in Hey Guy.

My favourite is without a shadow of a doubt Hey Mama Hey. I'm gonna hold out on purchasing till I'm sure Avex doesn't choose it. The way the lyrics are sung seem more mellow. Again like 80's style, not trying to fit 50 words in one line like other songs. That chorus and chord progression riff sound very different from any song I've heard in a long while.

The rest I either allready have or don't care for at all. Sunny Days and Let Me go are totally unlistenable.

Valery Scott- Losing My Heart= 8+/10
Valery Scott- Butterfly= 10++++
Radiorama- It's My Life=8/10
Danny Rock- Rainbow=8+/10
Lara- Baby You'll Be Mind=10/10
Angelica- One Night Only=7-/10
Mark Foster- Bomba Bomba=6/10
Lolly O- Let Me Go= 5-/10
Typsy & Typsy- Sunny Days=3/10
Mark Farina- Sexy Sexy Lady=10/10
Typsy & Typsy- Another Dream Tonight= 7/10
FCF- Hey Mama Hey=10+++
Typsy & Typsy- Baby Boy=8/10

Javy
Eurobeat Master

Post by Javy » 11 Jul 2008, 18:35

The Angelica song sounds commercial because it's a cover from the movie "Dreamgirls". The Angelica alias for all intents and purposes is one used just for covers. And your right Jay, Saifam never actually released it on their website. I remember when I tried downloading it once I got Machine Gun instead. :-s then they just took it down completely.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 22 Jul 2008, 16:11

Okay, my thoughts on the latest songs:

- Jinga is predictable material from Mauro Farina. With the consistent repetition of every Asia update (aside from Tokyo Tonight and Diabolik), I pretty knew this song was coming, lol. That aside, I do like the song, but it isn't anything particularly amazing or special. I'm still highly disappointed by the lack of variety in Saifam's male performances.
- The Japanese Boy cover is surprisingly good; the original was mediocre mush, but the song fits Asia's sound quite nicely.
ImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Jul 2008, 05:48

Mark Farina- Jinga. I gotta disagree & say that Jinga is actually pretty surprising. The only rehash I heard was the melody around the "ay ay's", but in all honesty that was my favourite part because of the Dead Or Alive vibe. The riff does sound a bit different and aside form the stupid title, I'm kinda hoping it makes an SEB appearence.

Lolly O- Japanese Boy. Saifam covers the old Aneka hit from the 80's. That's Aneka not Anika. Nothing to do with TIME. Here I agree wholeheartedly with #Infinty. The original was crap, but at it''s new revamped bpm's it sounds quite charming. Especially the oriental sounding instruments. I beleve only Saifam could have pulled this off.

Kinki- Tump Tump Tump. This must've slipped by me the first round, because it's new to me. Funny how I just got aquainted with thier other song "Only A Day" and here is allready a new song with me to play with. I gotta say, I'm really liking this one too. Could even be my favourite? Especially that melody round the verses. It has that "Oh World" Feeling, but also a bit of Japanese Boy in some parts. I guess they meant to entitle it Thump Thump Thump, because that's what a heart sounds like. Maybe they just didn't want to confuse with the old Virgin song. Either way it works :)

The rest I either allready have or didn't care enough to purchase. Actually the only one that rubbed me the wrong way was Laurie- Love Is By Your Side, so a big thumbs up for Saifam.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 28 Aug 2008, 14:20

Kong is completely EPIC, although I already have it thanks to SEB 184's bonus disc.

Too bad there's no new songs as I would've expected. :(
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 28 Aug 2008, 15:05

#Infinity wrote:Kong is completely EPIC, although I already have it thanks to SEB 184's bonus disc.

Too bad there's no new songs as I would've expected. :(
They're clearly going backwards through the catalogue. ;)

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 28 Aug 2008, 15:10

Any chance any of this will come to iTunes(not counting their workout nonstop albums)? They do have a couple of older singles, mainly songs that appeared in DDR, such as Lucyfer - Sky High.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 28 Aug 2008, 17:47

One other release of interest today (since it appeared in megamix form on SEB a couple of years back):

SAI 970: Ivan B - Laser Light

Includes both the original and Eurobeat mixes! :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Aug 2008, 09:44

DJ Mike TJG
One other release of interest today (since it appeared in megamix form on SEB a couple of years back):

SAI 970: Ivan B - Laser Light

Includes both the original and Eurobeat mixes!
You mean the original Latin Lover song?

Wonder why they don't cover Cassanova Action or Doctor Love? I like those better and Mauro could tottaly pull it off.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 29 Aug 2008, 10:20

drnrg wrote:You mean the original Latin Lover song?

Wonder why they don't cover Cassanova Action or Doctor Love? I like those better and Mauro could tottaly pull it off.
In this case, no - the original and Eurobeat comment refers to the two versions of the Ivan B song. When the song was given an SEB megamix release (waaaay back on SEB 165), Avex decided to use the Original (slower) edit, even though an actual Eurobeat version was made too. They're quite similar, in all honesty, just the Eurobeat version is faster with more synth sounds and less chanting! :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Aug 2008, 22:09

DJ Mike TJG
In this case, no - the original and Eurobeat comment refers to the two versions of the Ivan B song. When the song was given an SEB megamix release (waaaay back on SEB 165), Avex decided to use the Original (slower) edit, even though an actual Eurobeat version was made too. They're quite similar, in all honesty, just the Eurobeat version is faster with more synth sounds and less chanting!
Didn't buy nonstop cds, but I cleary see what you mean by slower. On the trax list it lists that Ivan B. song right before Gotta Be Your Lover, so I can imagine the speed. :grin:

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 02 Sep 2008, 02:30

Guess it won't be too long till the next release is up on Juno:

Sarah-My Heart in Two (Valentine Mix)
Ken Martin-Around the Queen (Mark & the Factory team remix)
Dima: The God of Eurobeat