D1 Grand Prix presents TOKYO DRIFT

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: D1 Grand Prix presents TOKYO DRIFT

Post by Will154 » 19 Jul 2008, 17:55

Ricfiam wrote: 07. WATCH OUT / DAVE RODGERS
ive been waiting for this song since a long time !!! :o though i think its quite old...(it was produced long time ago)

Tiger
Master of Time

Re: D1 Grand Prix presents TOKYO DRIFT

Post by Tiger » 19 Jul 2008, 19:05

Will154 wrote:
Ricfiam wrote: 07. WATCH OUT / DAVE RODGERS
ive been waiting for this song since a long time !!! :o though i think its quite old...(it was produced long time ago)
it's on seb177...

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 19 Jul 2008, 19:29

Jion wrote:
The Snake isn't just a vocalist. It's a vocalist and a guitar player. If I'm not mistaken, the guitar player is in SCP's top friends on myspace in the first row.
Oh that is right, he is from a power metal band if I recall correctly. The band's name doesn't really cross my mind at the moment though.

Wow GO2 seems to be having a lot of fun at that convention, especially Ace. It is good to see they are enthusiastic about what they do. Is that them really singing? Or is it lip synching? (I can't really tell)
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 19 Jul 2008, 20:20

valiant wrote:Oh that is right, he is from a power metal band if I recall correctly. The band's name doesn't really cross my mind at the moment though.
Talk about selective attention... :D
cheeseman wrote:Aside from The Snake, they play together in two bands - Arthemis (heavy/thrash metal) and Power Quest (power metal).
Also, Go2 weren't lip-synching, though they were singing over full tracks with vocals (except possibly Music Come On, which sounds like an instrumental to me).
Last edited by cheeseman on 19 Jul 2008, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 Jul 2008, 20:21

valiant wrote:Wow GO2 seems to be having a lot of fun at that convention, especially Ace. It is good to see they are enthusiastic about what they do. Is that them really singing? Or is it lip synching? (I can't really tell)
The backing track had the recorded vocals on it, but they were also singing live over the top of it (as you could hear some dischord at times between the recorded vocal and the live vocal). To be honest, I really don't think that venue showed Go 2 at their best - I would expect a dark club with lots of strobe and light effects and lots of people dancing instead of a daylit gymnasium with really out-of-synch para-para dancers in the background...

That new track that cheeseman mentioned sounds pretty cool though - hopefully that will show up soon on SEB. They still have a way to go to regain the SCP power crown from The Snake though...

Jion

Post by Jion » 19 Jul 2008, 21:28

Though with Don't Turn It Off they definitely will! Incidentally, the guitarist from The Snake is doing the guitars in that song lol...
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Mirò
Euro To B

Post by Mirò » 22 Jul 2008, 09:08

the_ditz wrote:To be honest, I really don't think that venue showed Go 2 at their best - I would expect a dark club with lots of strobe and light effects and lots of people dancing instead of a daylit gymnasium with really out-of-synch para-para dancers in the background...
1. Go 2 first live IS in a dark club with lots of strobe and light effects
2. AHAHAHAHAH I wanted to see you on that stage with artists in front of you, understanding less than nothing because of the excitment ;) (it's a goal we remembered the steps)
and PS: that wasd a tryout for something BIGGER! u_u
Tip: don't judge before you know =)

Love to u <3
<br>

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 22 Jul 2008, 12:10

Mirò wrote: 1. Go 2 first live IS in a dark club with lots of strobe and light effects
Go 2's first live WAS
Haha :D

I wish I would have seen that.. :( But I couldn't come to Italy.. :(

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 22 Jul 2008, 14:27

I guess they'll probably do it again sometime. ;X

At least I hope they will!~ ^^

Mirò
Euro To B

Post by Mirò » 22 Jul 2008, 14:54

DarkSky wrote: Go 2's first live WAS
Haha :D
Oh no no, IT IS!
that night is not dead the 24th of April, you will be able to see it whenever you'll want on some support soon ;)

[OT]Love your signature, DarkSky *_*[/OT]
<br>

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 Jul 2008, 16:03

Mega confused with where this conversation has gone - are you saying the video that cheeseman linked to isn't the Go 2 Live @ Cosplay video? Cos it doesn't look like much of a dark nightclub to me...

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 22 Jul 2008, 16:48

I looked more like a rehearsal than an actual event. ;P

Must be why the vocal tracks were still on the music. (:

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 22 Jul 2008, 16:58

MKwiakaku wrote:I looked more like a rehearsal than an actual event. ;P

Must be why the vocal tracks were still on the music. (:
I'm sure the vocal tracks are still in because they're heavily altered and Ennio and Christian can't actually mimic that sound on the fly.

Just a thought.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 22 Jul 2008, 19:01

the_ditz wrote:Mega confused with where this conversation has gone - are you saying the video that cheeseman linked to isn't the Go 2 Live @ Cosplay video? Cos it doesn't look like much of a dark nightclub to me...
He means the Go2 Live Video recorded in April - you can see a part of it (Blood On Fire), as well as pictures, on Go2's Myspace page.

Mirò
Euro To B

Post by Mirò » 22 Jul 2008, 19:10

cheeseman wrote: He means the Go2 Live Video recorded in April - you can see a part of it (Blood On Fire), as well as pictures, on Go2's Myspace page.
Exactly. I mean THE FIRST Go 2 Live...

and yes, they were singing on a track with voice (technical disguises)

and.... yes they were a sort of reharsal =)

EDIT: Oh, talking about that, I take the occasion to link you few of the photoes of that night on the 24th of April! So check our gallery at
www.parabeat.it/eventi/galleria.php
(comments are just in Italian sorry :x )
<br>