SPECULATION: SEB's ending at 200? Or not?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 24 Jul 2008, 21:06

^
Hey no worries, I was just messing around when I said that you all will be the death of Eurobeat. :wink:
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 29 Jul 2008, 23:32

Well, one thing to take into consideration is that the average SEB in the mid-90s sold between 20.000 and 100.000 copies, while recent volumes swing between 1500 and 10.000 (exceptional cases). No reason for Eurobeat to stop, but a reason for AVEX to pull the plug at some point. Eurobeat will just go on though.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Jul 2008, 00:14

No offense, but I completely discourage any further discussion in this horrible thread and would like to move onto more positive subjects.
ImageImage

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 30 Jul 2008, 01:57

#Infinity wrote:No offense, but I completely discourage any further discussion in this horrible thread and would like to move onto more positive subjects.
No one has a gun to your head, forcing you to read/post anything in relation to it.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Jul 2008, 02:39

I still don't want anything to cause it to continue; the best way for it to stop is to let it vanish.
ImageImage

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 30 Jul 2008, 02:51

#Infinity wrote:I still don't want anything to cause it to continue; the best way for it to stop is to let it vanish.
This thread could be 15 pages or 1500 pages, it doesn't make SEB ending any more likely. Suck it up.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 Jul 2008, 05:19

Cosmic_Bard wrote:
#Infinity wrote:I still don't want anything to cause it to continue; the best way for it to stop is to let it vanish.
This thread could be 15 pages or 1500 pages, it doesn't make SEB ending any more likely. Suck it up.
Seconded. You basically said what I meant to say... with an infinitely cooler head about the matter. ^^;
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Jul 2008, 06:17

I think we should burry this topic Italian mafia style :evil:

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 31 Jul 2008, 20:43

drnrg wrote:I think we should burry this topic Italian mafia style :evil:
8)

'So, we heard that you might have heard a thing or two about the SEB series ending at 200. Such information wouldn't be... how can I put this... healthy... for you to know about, capice?'

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Aug 2008, 04:41

Cosmic_Bard
'So, we heard that you might have heard a thing or two about the SEB series ending at 200. Such information wouldn't be... how can I put this... healthy... for you to know about, capice?'

Fuggetaboutit!

When I cross the street. I never think about getting hit by a car, because that is not what I want to happen. capice that :P Same goes for this lame thread.

Delita_chan
Euro To B

Post by Delita_chan » 03 Aug 2008, 17:04

Crud. Posted my 2 cents in the wrong thread. :P I'll ask someone to move it later.

But in a nutshell, NOBODY wants SEB to end, that's for sure. All the discussion is about just WHETHER we THINK it will end or not.

I would NOT be surprised if it does honestly. Judging from the attitude in Japan (Ive been there enough to know) and the lackluster sales (hell MOST Cd shops don't even sell it anymore!!) Avex will likely see 200 as the finale to pull the plug on this dwindling series. The Japanese are no longer interested in SEB. Most people I ask there said they USED to listen to it back in 2000 but it's sort of a passing fad. Even the clubs cut down the amount of SEB more in favor of American music remixes. >:/.

Would you all be surprised if I told you some Jpeople don't even KNOW what SEB is? :o :o heinous!!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Aug 2008, 17:49

What on earth, as if I thought this thread couldn't become any more horrifying - if Japan is seriously that uninterested in the genre, I'm beyond paranoid about the end of Super Eurobeat. :(
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 03 Aug 2008, 18:59

Japan's interest in eurobeat has always been, for the most part, sensationalised in my eyes. Maybe it had some merit during the early years, but consider Japan's staggering population (130 million+) and how many copies the Super Eurobeat series sells these days... No more than 3000, and that includes imports from other countries. This is likely why Avex have decided to lower the price of the CDs and venture out onto iTunes and such to try and promote eurobeat - last ditch efforts. It's clear Avex doesn't want the series to die, but whether its marketing strategy is going to help is another question. That will be answered later on.

Suffice to say, whenever the series ends I can't wait to hear all the labels' productions they have stashed away!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Aug 2008, 19:51

I'm not even worried about SEB ending or not. What I'm really worried about is the continuous sensless junk comming out of the U.S: and contaminating the youth worlwide and at an alarming rate. By American music , I'm sure you mean the abomination from such innane artists like Soldja Boy, Chris brown, Lil Wayn and Rihanna crap. This is not even music. Just a bunch of sampled crap lined over by a bunch of vocalists who are either hoodlims or strippers.

If the Japanese are now falling prey to such junk and concider it good music, then you can thank the U.S. for spreading that virus all over the world. Even in my country ,the youngsters are favoring that crap over thier own music. Youngserts now adays don't even get a chance to develope thier own taste in music. The Music industries, mainly Ameriacn ones, infect everything they sell with thier own type of music, cell phones,
ringtones, commericials, ect... and basically BRAINWASH the youth into succumbing to that junk and leaving them with nothing else and in the process wiping out all other genres of real music, till thier is nothing left but a bunch of stupid, sensless noise, that in 20 years noone will even remember.

If the Japanese are now preferring this crap over musical compositions. Beautiful lyrics, wonderful musical melodies, catchy dancable beats, that is Eurobeat, Then Heaven help us all and if AVEX wants to bow down( I say this , because they are a powerful enough industry to push, promote and saturate the Airwaves with Eurobeat if they wanted to) and let American Hip Hop feast on thier blood and contaminate thier youth, then screw them. They are not worthy to carry Eurobeat into the next millenium. 'nuff said 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Aug 2008, 20:07

I know what you mean. Nobody ever wants to expand their musical horizons anymore because it HAS to be something familiar. I used to listen to American pop, but thank goodness I finally learned to dig further. I'd far rather listen to Super Eurobeat 129 (easily the worst SEB compilation ever imo) than an album of westernized junk like Now That's What I Call Music!. At least 129 is still eurobeat.
ImageImage