Eurobeat ripoffs/similarities to other songs

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
RAINBOWDRAGONEYES
Euro To B

Post by RAINBOWDRAGONEYES » 27 Aug 2008, 21:42

wolftickets1969 wrote: So was NES music in turn influenced by italo?
I am both astounded and surprised at your melody-spotting abilities... But I have to point out that "NES music" is not itself its' own category. There are many talented composers (even today) and sound designers that created music for the NES, and if you imagine the numbers of games and different companies producing them, it adds up to a lot of different people making music, and chances are they don't all have the same influences.
I don't doubt that some of them did, who knows.

As an insider of the chiptune world, I must say that just because it's all being played back through the same hardware doesn't make it all a single style of music.

Back on topic here...

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 27 Aug 2008, 22:05

RAINBOWDRAGONEYES wrote:As an insider of the chiptune world, I must say that just because it's all being played back through the same hardware doesn't make it all a single style of music.

Back on topic here...
As with all genres, there's room for variation. A genre is simply a loosely filled collection of the things that make a style of music unique. For Chiptunes, (or VGM, if you will) it happens to be the hardware or samples used to churn it out. While most genres would rather innovate, the Chiptune genre is happy to keep its old samples and make the focus of interest the variations on those samples through creative production. Somewhat in the way the Eurobeat producers have to contend with a very strict formula and thrive on the challenge of fitting interesting melodies and appropriate vocalists into their songs.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 30 Aug 2008, 01:51

Beatles - Eleanor Rigby -> Opening of Victoria - Stay(don't think it's a coincidence)
Amber - This Is Your Night -> Casanova(Delta) - Just For Tonight(chorus at least)

Kara Mell - Let The Music Play Forever -> Kasanova(Time) - Feel Me Tender(chorus)

Rihanna - Unfaithful -> Elisa - Music In The Night(most in the b-melo)

Basic Element - The Ride, Laurie - Jingo Dance, and Fancy - Ciao Ciao Ciao(riffs)
More NES similarities: the synth of Extasy - Kiss Me sounds like Megaman music

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Aug 2008, 03:34

wolftickets1969
In this case Rihanna is ripping off Elisa, since Unfaithful is a newer song, so maybe her producers listen to Eurobeat :P

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 01 Sep 2008, 00:36

drnrg wrote:wolftickets1969
In this case Rihanna is ripping off Elisa, since Unfaithful is a newer song, so maybe her producers listen to Eurobeat :P
How do you know when Music In The Night was produced? Could it have been last year(that's when LED was last producing)? Unfaithful is from 2005-2006.

Not Eurobeat(but hard melodic trance/cyber trance): Sanxion7 - EternuS(won the DDR Supernova 2 music contest) sounds a lot like the music from the Lava Zone in Wanderers from Ys(SNES, TGCD, and Genesis), especially in the interlude where it uses a 16-bit style sawsynth lead.

Back to Eurobeat similarities:
Domino - Gotcha(also uses King and Queen format, which may have itself been based on BB$) and Judy Crystal - Tokyo All Ready(actually this was made first)

Judy Crystal - Nori Nori Nori and Starkly Ice - One For You

Go Go Girls - Baby Can You Love Me and Leslie Hammond - Run and Run(which also rehashed elements from Bazooka Girl - Money Funny Dollars)

Mote Mote - Korea Japan and Jungle Bill - Tarzan Japan(of course their both from HRG, which is most famous for recycling their own old tunes)

Yaz(oo) - Don't Go(synth) and Fulvia Coupe - Fire Desire; the Don't Go riff has been rehashed in many non-Eurobeat songs too, for example Double You - Run to Me

Baby Gold - Be My Valentine(primarily b-melo) and Niko - Pilot Is A Hero(I wonder where he heard it before it was officially released)

Mike Mareen - Love Spy and U1 Jewel Style - Midnight Blaze (another DDR "hyper technobeat" song)

Black Eva - Carillon(riff), John Desire - Chemical Love, and a trance/eurodance song I can't remember the name of

John Desire - Chemical Love(sabi) and The Snake - Queen Of Mean(a "song built by committee")

Dream World - Movin' Up(classic Eurodance), Christine - Crazy Generation(and Candy Baby), and Eurobeat Girl Power - Ballerino

Lucyfer - Sky High, Valentina - I Wanna Live(also, the cheesy brass synth sounds like Mario Kart on the SNES), and Ace - In The Fire of Victory

Freddy Rodgers - Dance To the Music and ZaZa - Dance To The Music; an homage in name and style, complete with childish vocals

Now I see where Queen of Mean's riff stemmed from: Edo Boys - No One Sleeps In Tokyo!

F-Zero(original)-Victory lap BGM -> Mega NRG Man - Let It Go
Intro of Maximum Power - Go Rocky Joe->Intro of Jimmy Diamond - Love Machine (were they sampled from a common source?)

I know I heard a Eurobeat song that sounded just like Cynthia - Save Your Love For Me(freestyle), but can't remember the name, sound familiar?

Boney M - Happy Song
Coo Coo - Upside Down
Laserdance - Escape From The Forbidden City(the flute hook from the previous two, in this song played with a different instrument)
BTW, Laserdance, Koto, etc are part of another ItaloDisco/NRG offshoot known as "space synth" or in its earlier days "italo instrumental".

Aleph - Fire On The Moon
Laserdance - Cosmo Tron

Aleph - Hero also sounds like a space-synth tune, albeit with vocals.
Elements of that genre also appear in some true Eurobeat songs(for example Mike Skanner - Atomic Playboy, Extasy - Kiss Me)

Chris Stanton - A Perfect Hero(Time/Eurogrooves, of course) blatantly uses the "Super Euro Flash" bassline and many other elements/hooks common to that and other HRG songs. Also sounds like Mark Astley - I Need A Hero in parts.

Good Cool feat. Meg - Last Message(Konami Bemani original)
Irene - Love Is The Name Of Love
Tora - Flame and Fire
there's probably some older song these are based off of

1943: The Battle Of Midway - first stage music
Mark Foster - SpiderMan(the chorus; Spider, Spider Man!)
Last edited by wolftickets1969 on 19 Oct 2008, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 08 Oct 2008, 19:49

Quintuple posting is bad.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 08 Oct 2008, 20:03

Yeah, as been said before. Don't double post, god forbid triple and so on... merging the posts together.

USE EDIT FUNCTION.

Capitaine
Euro To B

Post by Capitaine » 16 Dec 2008, 21:18

Sophie "Like an angel" >> Domino "Mickey Mouse march"
Not 100% the same melody, but almost
wolftickets1969 wrote:Jee Bee - Wings Of Fire->Jackie O - Wings Of Fire
I don't agree at all !! I only see the same title :P

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 24 Dec 2008, 01:02

Karen - Nothing's Gonna Take My Love(ABeatC) ~ Sara - If You Stay With Me(Delta) ~ Fulvia Coupe - Love In September(HRG)
The opening of If You Stay With Me also sounds like that of the Pet Shop Boys' "It's A Sin", with the orchestra hits etc, and there's even thunder sound effects in parts.
Lolita - Hurry Man and Try Me ~ Rocky Custer - Back To The Future(Vibration) ~ several others I can't remember the names of

Dominique Pratt - Always In My Mind(Vibration) ~ Kite - Always On My Mind(SCP)

Noticed the Boom Boom Dollars synth riff(not just the bassline) making a comeback lately, eg Dr Love 2009 and as usual, several HRG tunes, particularly on ParaParaCool 5.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 24 Dec 2008, 04:21

Capitaine wrote:Sophie "Like an angel" >> Domino "Mickey Mouse march"
Not 100% the same melody, but almost
I don't hear it myself but I might be missing something... could you explain in more detail as to how they almost share the same melody? :)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Dec 2008, 04:37

wolftickets1969
Noticed the Boom Boom Dollars synth riff(not just the bassline) making a comeback lately, eg Dr Love 2009 and as usual, several HRG tunes, particularly on ParaParaCool 5.

That "riff" has never been dormant. It's pretty much the basic melody line of 1000s of Eurobeat songs. You could call it the "Grandfather Riff" :D

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 29 Dec 2008, 18:02

Mark Foster - Spiderman=>Marko Polo - Fighter
"Fighter, fighterman!"

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 29 Dec 2008, 18:05

wolftickets1969 wrote:Mark Foster - Spiderman=>Marko Polo - Fighter
"Fighter, fighterman!"
Mark Foster "Spiderman" ---> Maximum Power "Go Rocky Joe" (while we're on that note).
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 31 Dec 2008, 11:50

Go Go - DJ NRG <-> Midnight Love - Neo
Your Kind Of Love - Robbie Grain <-> Mission To Tokyo - Mako
A Simply Melody - Valery Scott <-> That butterfly song I forgot its title.

Theres a lot more but I would take my time for it, the first two sure caught me off my toes, Go Go has Midnight Love written all over it and vice versa. I was almost half expecting DJ NRG to sing Midnight Love.Same goes for the 2nd, Was listening to it halfway and thought it was some kind of joke, I almost wanted to sing the chorus of Mission To Tokyo.

Disclaimer : The songs are in no ways bad.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 31 Dec 2008, 16:59

WNight wrote:Go Go - DJ NRG <-> Midnight Love - Neo <-> Manuel - Shock Me
Of course, those are all ABeatC, and Sandro Oliva?
One of my wishes is for Manuel to remake Go Go.