Eurobeat ripoffs/similarities to other songs

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Dec 2011, 10:37

Mindsweeper
Has anyone mentioned the first two bars of the choruses of Bazooka Man - Garcon and Bazooka Girl - Bazooka Girl sound almost the same? I can't help but wonder if they did on purpose.
That's the whole point. Bazooka Girl's version is kinda like the female response.

For Your Love- Maio & Co. (TIME) Nando Bonini
Sombody- Blue Sunbeam (FLEA) Gino Caria

Super Car- Robotman (FLEA) Gino Caria
Start- De Niro (TIME) Gino Caria

plus all four are awesome songs. 8)

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 13 Dec 2011, 15:39

drnrg wrote:For Your Love- Maio & Co. (TIME) Nando Bonini
Sombody- Blue Sunbeam (FLEA) Gino Caria

Super Car- Robotman (FLEA) Gino Caria
Start- De Niro (TIME) Gino Caria

plus all four are awesome songs. 8)
Plus all by Sergio Dall'Ora :)

Faarben
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Faarben » 14 Dec 2011, 15:21

Rose - Mister Right (Time) 1994

same melody as

Starlett - You're Gonna Be (Delta) 1996

:)

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 19 Dec 2011, 09:37

Gunfire - Mark Farina + Hot Love - Mike Hammer
The comparisons here are just too obvious. Both songs have pretty much the same chord progression, the same synthline, and extremely similar vocal melodies.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 13 Feb 2012, 11:13

KAREN/EVERGREEN - SUPER EUROBEAT 205

Is a non-shitty version of

STEPHY/SPEED DEMON - SUPER EUROBEAT 198

the synths are different, but the piano intro in EVERGREEN is note for note the epic ass piano intro for SPEED DEMON.

Madame Wainwright's vocals are on point and fluidly move with the song, instead of Stefania's howling. This is the MAKE UP YOUR MIND of 2010.

Come on Signor Pasquini, release WAIN L./SPEED DEMON and make this child happy.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Feb 2012, 03:30

Megan188
Gunfire - Mark Farina + Hot Love - Mike Hammer
The comparisons here are just too obvious. Both songs have pretty much the same chord progression, the same synthline, and extremely similar vocal melodies.
those are two of my most favorite songs ever. Both Bonini and Farina are in top form vocalwise. Take a listen to Farina's "Russian". Similiar style. That whole melody progression is to me the epitomn of the classic Eurobeat sound. Sugar Baby, HotDog, Hot Girl, Touch Me,Boom Boom Dollars, Fireball. The list goes on. 8)

Akira
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Akira » 19 Feb 2012, 21:49

Well this is not similar to a eurobeat song, but the first sentence of Every Heart Wanna Fly /Irene is just like I Dreamed a Dream, from Les Misérables.

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by ryosuke63 » 21 Jun 2012, 16:26

So I was listening to a song recently and thought "oh, I know that melody." I listened more, and thought "huh, this part also sounds familiar."

Strike me dead if S. Oliva, G. Pasquini and A. Contini didn't totally rip off "Let's All Chant" by Pat & Mick for "Black & White" by Go Go Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ymuZdw3_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5CD4FPhLw
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 31 Jan 2013, 10:11

While browsing through the updated eurobeat label catalogue, I listened to a few HiNRG songs by singer Sisley Ferre, who was listed under the Belgium/Netherlands section, and I discovered a song that sounds similar to Lady Gaga's.
The song in question was not listed on the catalogue you can download on this site, since it falls into the category of house music, but it is by the same artist Sisley Ferre, who was produced by M. Van Der Kuy, of Laserdance fame, and other HiNRG songs he has produced, including Watch me by Claudia T on SEB vol. 9.

Anyway, the song is Sisley Ferre - He's All I Need (euro house mix)
can be found on youtube at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39JZH3uc5M

Listen to Sisley Ferre's song at 2 mins. 54 sec. and compare it to the how the melody is sung in similar tone to Lady Gaga's song "Bad Romance", at point 1 min. 18 secs into the song. (the chorus to Bad Romance)
Link provided here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIo3mE09nbI

Does anybody else here a slight similarity? Ever so slightly, maybe?

Anyway, on different note also not really related to eurobeat, but in this case eurodance, I found a eurodance artist called Lady Violet, from 1999, who in some ways resembles Lady Gaga, not just partially in name, but also a bit so in voice and in fashion style.
One of her music videos can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_03LywH4oc

It's interesting to sometimes point out a song that eurobeat ripped off from an older song, but sometimes it can be the other way around in where an italian produced song (in this case a eurodance song) that MIGHT have influenced big American mainstream artists who are JUST now starting to produce pop/hip hop songs which are influenced by sounds from eurodance/eurohouse. Who knows??

some images of Lady Violet are posted up too on here.
Last edited by synthjunkie on 31 Jan 2013, 10:58, edited 2 times in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Jan 2013, 10:44

These songs sound very much alike in the melody during the verses. Even the way they are sung. BTW, both great songs.

Phil & Stan- Play The Game (TIME)
and
Al Morse(Gino Caria) - Someone Sombody (Flea)

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

an-g different girl similarity

Post by synthjunkie » 31 Jan 2013, 10:48

Hey, Dr. NRG, I noticed the song from SEB 221 Different Girl by An-g starts EXACTLY with the same opening as the unreleased Mega NRG Man song Dance the Night. It's extremely short, so you might miss it if you don't listen to it carefully (it's only like less than 2 secs long at the VERY beginning of each song). It is also used just before the chorus in Mega NRG Man's song and right after the riff.

I found links for the songs on youtube in case anybody wants to see for themselves:

Mega NRG Man - Dance the Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRRMA3xObBM

An-g - Different Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZ_H7KWisg

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 31 Jan 2013, 10:54

drnrg wrote:These songs sound very much alike in the melody during the verses. Even the way they are sung. BTW, both great songs.

Phil & Stan- Play The Game (TIME)
and
Al Morse(Gino Caria) - Someone Sombody (Flea)
Yes, the lyrics in the versese are sung in the same melody with each other.

I really love the riff in Al Morse - Someone somebody.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 31 Jan 2013, 10:54

I do hear that very same intro in both songs. I'm thinking Sandro Oliva inspired?

Also that Mega NRG Man song sounds very unlike Mega NRG Man, but not a bad song by any means.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 31 Jan 2013, 11:03

drnrg wrote:I do hear that very same intro in both songs. I'm thinking Sandro Oliva inspired?

Also that Mega NRG Man song sounds very unlike Mega NRG Man, but not a bad song by any means.
Yeah, I like that song, even though doesn't really fall into eurobeat category, but since it was supposed to be used during some euro tv contest, I guess it has to try and appear to sound a bit more "mainstream"...which isn't always good.

If you wanna check out a song that kinda sounds similar too, it's Katy Perry's song California Gurls and a song that Clara Moroni sang under her eurodance alias ANTARES with the song WHENEVER YOU WANT ME.

Both songs are not identical, but somehow I hear a bit of a similarity in the way the opening lines are sung, the melody of the verses during the lyrics, and possibly some of the melody in the bass.

katy perry - california gurls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTVJTt-Gfx8

antares (vocals by CLARA MORONI) - WHENEVEVER YOU WANT ME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oapkoQeveIc

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 18 Feb 2015, 03:24

Leslie Parrish's "I Say No" is rather similar to to Journey's "Separate Ways".