Super Eurobeat 192

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Nov 2008, 04:24

Jion
Well I hate going back to this point but Nick Festari told me himself that it's more of Avex's "creative" control that drives HRG to produce the silly stuff. While we keep barking at the labels who produce what we consider inferior and bland tracks, for the most part the only way to deviate from Eurobeat is to do Hyper Techno tracks.
This is the worst idea you've had yet. If they do Hyper Techno it's no longer Eurobeat, so I say "nay". There isn't a thing wrong with HRG Attacks songs, that's just your opinion.

The fact that the mix ended with Ride In My Speedy car shows thier popularity. Manga Super Robot(old or not) is still popular and SEF...Need I say more? Oh yeah, don't forget Para Para Cool is number 1 on Juno, so yeah they don't need to change anything. 8)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 24 Nov 2008, 13:13

drnrg wrote:If they do Hyper Techno it's no longer Eurobeat ...
Hyper techno sounds fairly similar to eurobeat to my ear, except everything is a lot 'heavier' due to the colder, darker sounds. The only hyper techno CD I own is We Love TechPara VI, and it's refreshing to play every once in a while after listening to eurobeat for so long.

Have you given hyper techno a chance before? The track 'Get Your Power Go! (Okan!)' is incredible, and I would've never guessed it were a HRG production hadn't Festari sang it.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Nov 2008, 03:52

Jay
Have you given hyper techno a chance before? The track 'Get Your Power Go! (Okan!)' is incredible, and I would've never guessed it were a HRG production hadn't Festari sang it.
You be surprised the TIME's I've been tried to be swayed into liking it. I don't know that 'Get Your Power Go! track, but I've heard cuts from AbeatC and SCP styles and I just don't feel it. It's too heavy and the spanish rapping is dire. The melodic production and soundworlds are just too frantic for me. Not in a HRG Attack good frantic, but in a bad way.

When I tire of Eurobeat, I switch to Rock/Hard metal ect... which is probly a much bigger extreme than most of you, since most Eurobeat fans still pretty much dwell in the dance genre.

Jion

Post by Jion » 25 Nov 2008, 11:58

drnrg wrote:Jion
Well I hate going back to this point but Nick Festari told me himself that it's more of Avex's "creative" control that drives HRG to produce the silly stuff. While we keep barking at the labels who produce what we consider inferior and bland tracks, for the most part the only way to deviate from Eurobeat is to do Hyper Techno tracks.
This is the worst idea you've had yet. If they do Hyper Techno it's no longer Eurobeat, so I say "nay". There isn't a thing wrong with HRG Attacks songs, that's just your opinion.

The fact that the mix ended with Ride In My Speedy car shows thier popularity. Manga Super Robot(old or not) is still popular and SEF...Need I say more? Oh yeah, don't forget Para Para Cool is number 1 on Juno, so yeah they don't need to change anything. 8)
Okay 1) Chill 2) I was mentioning ALL the labels when I said they produce some stuff we condsider "inferior tracks" 3) I mentioned how in order to do different styles of music their other outlet is Hyper Techno 4) If you want to mention sales lets go there then. How many HRG tracks were on disc 2 of 190 (since that's the side that had the sales on Mu-Mo. Disc 1 doesn't count since it's producers choice and we had no input)? 5. 2 Classic, 2 from the 150's era and one from the 170s. Previous anniversary albums had very few if any songs from the current SEBs. The only song that has been a big hit for HRG lately has been Bugabuga Chew Chew. You can argue this fact all you want but the proof in Eurobeat is how many times it gets put on CDs and how long it lasts. If it's popular it gets "whored" out. Yeah I mention my love for SCP and Go Go's alot but never do I take it seriously so I recommend you do the same. Otherwise I would have mentioned how Time only got one song on disc 2 of 190, which was more of a tribute to Boom Boom Fire than using their own style. As for Ride On My Speedy Car being last on the megamix of 191, that doesn't mean shit! All it is is organizing the songs in some fashion! It's the DJ's choice on how the megamix ends or starts off. If you love whatever label that's great! Fine. But don't personally attack someone over facts that they're stating. (like producers using Hyper Techno to delve into another side of very similar music, despite what your opinion on that is, as well as Avex prefering to have labels stick to a certain style, if this wasn't the case then why is no one surprised anymore when SCP does the disco and trance style eurobeat, HRG the crazy, SAIFAM the quick eurobeat with the deep house drum, etc.)

Whatev I'm done.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Nov 2008, 05:07

Jion
Okay 1) Chill 2) I was mentioning ALL the labels when I said they produce some stuff we condsider "inferior tracks" 3) I mentioned how in order to do different styles of music their other outlet is Hyper Techno 4) If you want to mention sales lets go there then. How many HRG tracks were on disc 2 of 190 (since that's the side that had the sales on Mu-Mo. Disc 1 doesn't count since it's producers choice and we had no input)? 5. 2 Classic, 2 from the 150's era and one from the 170s. Previous anniversary albums had very few if any songs from the current SEBs. The only song that has been a big hit for HRG lately has been Bugabuga Chew Chew. You can argue this fact all you want but the proof in Eurobeat is how many times it gets put on CDs and how long it lasts. If it's popular it gets "whored" out. Yeah I mention my love for SCP and Go Go's alot but never do I take it seriously so I recommend you do the same. Otherwise I would have mentioned how Time only got one song on disc 2 of 190, which was more of a tribute to Boom Boom Fire than using their own style. As for Ride On My Speedy Car being last on the megamix of 191, that doesn't mean shit! All it is is organizing the songs in some fashion! It's the DJ's choice on how the megamix ends or starts off. If you love whatever label that's great! Fine. But don't personally attack someone over facts that they're stating. (like producers using Hyper Techno to delve into another side of very similar music, despite what your opinion on that is, as well as Avex prefering to have labels stick to a certain style, if this wasn't the case then why is no one surprised anymore when SCP does the disco and trance style eurobeat, HRG the crazy, SAIFAM the quick eurobeat with the deep house drum, etc.)

Whatev I'm done.
Well I was only defending HRG in this case, and The placement of songs does mean "Shit" as you so eloquently put it. Even on SEB, The first song songs are usually the ones that are gonna keep the listeners interest high. As is the last song that gives the listener the feeling of satisfaction with the complete cd as a whole. This might also be the reason AVEX decide d to stick the mix in the front as opposed to the end of the cd this TIME. As for the last song on a mix; it's usually picked out os the outro to the mix. To one Dee Jay to another( I think you are Dee Jay?) I always tried to choose a song that is well known or popular with the crowd to end a mega mix: so yeah it is important.

Sticking Hyper techno tracks onto an SEB compilation is a total cop out, since they already have there compilation for said music. It would totally cause Eurobeat to lose it's identity as catchy melodic genre and fall victim to the sadly more popular , but less creative style of music. In other words it would cause Eurobeat to fuse into Hyper Techno and ultimately become obsoleet. That's why it's a bad idea. Nothing against you personally, just the way I see things happening.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 21 Dec 2008, 03:07

I know it's old topic, but I just had to bring this up.

I know I said I hated Pagal... but the song has grown on me SO MUCH (from the point to where I thought it was the worst Eurobeat song on the album to now one of the best.)

Imagine that~ haha

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 21 Dec 2008, 05:03

Nine wrote:I know it's old topic, but I just had to bring this up.

I know I said I hated Pagal... but the song has grown on me SO MUCH (from the point to where I thought it was the worst Eurobeat song on the album to now one of the best.)

Imagine that~ haha
WOOOO!!! :grin:
ImageImage

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Dec 2008, 12:13

#Infinity wrote:
Nine wrote:I know it's old topic, but I just had to bring this up.

Imagine that~ haha
WOOOO!!! :grin:
And just to raise #Infinity's mood more, I have also been singing the chorus to Pagal for the past few days - it's soooo damn catchy!

Although that doesn't mean I fully love the song yet. There are still several parts of it that irritate me big time! :P

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 21 Dec 2008, 12:27

The more people praise 'Pagal', the more HRG will make these type of productions. Is that honestly what you all want? If so, shoot me now.

It's sad to say that I doubt I'll be returning to this SEB to listen to any songs in the future. Even my highest rated song 'SEF Deluxe' lost a lot of its sparkle over time, although it's still nice to listen to every now and again.
Last edited by Jay on 21 Dec 2008, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 21 Dec 2008, 12:30

This is why I always just rip all the songs off the album and hand pick the ones I really like - they just form part of my Eurobeat rotation rather than me having to think "Oh yes, I should really listen to SEB x because it has those 2 or 3 songs on it"

For what it's worth, this SEB's continuing highlights for me have been 1 2 3 4 Live On Dance Floor and Wait For You - but quite a few others have made it into my iPod rotation too. Just not the incredibly irritating ones! ;)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 21 Dec 2008, 12:34

I prefer ripping every song onto the computer from all the albums I own. I hate leaving scattered songs all over my hard drive from random releases, so even my most hated songs are all there. It's convenient if I want to return to a song I didn't give much of a chance before, such as 'Unbelievable' and '1.2.3.4. Live on Dance Floor'.

The longevity and replay value of many of these songs on 192 are dreadful, at least in comparison to 191. There's quite a few songs that were impactful after the first few listens, but I honestly can't see myself listening to any of these songs again after a month or two, which I rarely feel.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 21 Dec 2008, 13:27

Jay wrote:I prefer ripping every song onto the computer from all the albums I own. I hate leaving scattered songs all over my hard drive from random releases, so even my most hated songs are all there. It's convenient if I want to return to a song I didn't give much of a chance before, such as 'Unbelievable' and '1.2.3.4. Live on Dance Floor'.
Oh no, don't get me wrong - I do exactly as you do and have all the songs ripped to my PC, so that I can return to stuff later if I decide to give it another chance. My iPod, however, only has songs that I'm interested in listening to on rotation - the worst thing for me is having songs randomly stuck in rotation that I don't enjoy and will just end up skipping!