SEB Package to be released on iTunes in November

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 30 Nov 2008, 03:52

Jay wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:Get Neo to compose/write the song, or whatever made his productions so consistently awesome.
Sandro Oliva.
kekeke

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Nov 2008, 09:48

Dave's version of Disco Fire was better than Neo's 8)

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 30 Nov 2008, 10:35

drnrg wrote:Dave's version of Disco Fire was better than Neo's 8)
No, it really wasn't.

At least Neo could actually sing his in key!

I really don't get all this adulation Dave Rodgers STILL gets. He was great in the old days, but in all his newer stuff he warbles off-pitch so much it drives me nuts! But I guess that's the gift AND curse of perfect pitch annoying me...

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 30 Nov 2008, 11:41

DJ Mike TJG wrote:
drnrg wrote:Dave's version of Disco Fire was better than Neo's 8)
No, it really wasn't.

I really don't get all this adulation Dave Rodgers STILL gets. He was great in the old days, but in all his newer stuff he warbles off-pitch so much it drives me nuts! But I guess that's the gift AND curse of perfect pitch annoying me...
I have to agree with drnrg, Dave's version of Disco Fire is better than Neo's. I suppose Neo's vocals just doesn't suit the whole Disco Fire feeling because I sure didn't feel like grooving to the tune as opposed to Dave's version.

Neo's vocals, to me at least, fits the sort of I Was Born For Burning and Midnight Love mood and tune. Of course, He is also an awesome artist alongside my favourites, looking forward to his next release, if there is one.

:grin:
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 30 Nov 2008, 12:28

We're gonna have to just disagree on this one, then - I personally thought Disco Fire was an outstanding song for Neo - in fact it's my favourite! Probably why Dave doing vocals sounds all the worse!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 30 Nov 2008, 13:00

DJ Mike TJG wrote:We're gonna have to just disagree on this one, then - I personally thought Disco Fire was an outstanding song for Neo - in fact it's my favourite! Probably why Dave doing vocals sounds all the worse!
I agree with Mike. Disco Fire isn't my favourite Neo song, but I just prefer his vocals to Grandpa Dave's. It added more youth and vitality to the song as a whole.

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 30 Nov 2008, 22:42

I am so hoping to see Virginelle and Nuage (especially Nuage) on there soon. >.<

...and I'm on the side that like Neo's "DISCO FIRE". *gets shot*
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

Jion

Post by Jion » 30 Nov 2008, 22:46

I think the name Virginelle may be retired. I think with Go Go's, they're just sticking to Lolita. Nuage may have one or two songs more come out... I'm hoping they put Rock Your Body or I Wanna Love out though I think both of those songs are from like 2004 or 2005.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 30 Nov 2008, 23:05

I just really want to see some albums with their names on them. >_>; Mainly so I don't have to go the SEB albums for one song (even if I do end up getting more favourite songs, but whatever).
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 30 Nov 2008, 23:53

That's a point, a Virginelle collection would be awesome - if only to see Brother & Sister out there in extended!

There's a few spread out A-Beat C girl songs I'd love to see from Euromach, but they don't really merit a single-artist collection - maybe an A-Beat C Girls album, though...

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 01 Dec 2008, 02:17

DJ Mike TJG wrote:We're gonna have to just disagree on this one, then - I personally thought Disco Fire was an outstanding song for Neo - in fact it's my favourite! Probably why Dave doing vocals sounds all the worse!
No worries, I understand people do have different taste. Neo and Dave's version are both outstanding masterpieces that went into my playlist, I just prefer DR's version for some reason or another.

:grin:
A ray of sun~

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 01 Dec 2008, 05:20

DJ Mike TJG
No, it really wasn't.

and what makes you an Eurobeat expert to say such a bold statement?

Neo has had sopme pretty good songs. I stand by Dave on Disco Fire, but in Neo's defense none could have done Go Go Money better than him 8)

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 01 Dec 2008, 08:42

drnrg wrote:and what makes you an Eurobeat expert to say such a bold statement?
I'm sorry, did I stamp on a nerve there?

I love Dave's older stuff dating way back. But ever since the mid-160s, all his stuff has done nothing but irritate me - his atrocious remake of Make Up Your Mind, replacing Neo on Disco Fire, The VIP is JP.

The one song I've really enjoyed recently was his duet with Annalise on Unbelievable, but that seems like a rare gem in an increasing mountain of dirt.

You may love him to death, but for me the guy has had his hayday! You can't say he hasn't had anything but an exceptionally good run - more than most singers ever really get! Maybe there's still more good stuff in him, but I'm failing to hear it in the last couple of years.

And I've been listening to Eurobeat for enough years now to form my own "bold statements", thanks!

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 01 Dec 2008, 12:14

DJ Mike TJG wrote:

I love Dave's older stuff dating way back. But ever since the mid-160s, all his stuff has done nothing but irritate me - his atrocious remake of Make Up Your Mind, replacing Neo on Disco Fire, The VIP is JP.

The one song I've really enjoyed recently was his duet with Annalise on Unbelievable, but that seems like a rare gem in an increasing mountain of dirt.

You may love him to death, but for me the guy has had his hayday! You can't say he hasn't had anything but an exceptionally good run - more than most singers ever really get! Maybe there's still more good stuff in him, but I'm failing to hear it in the last couple of years.

And I've been listening to Eurobeat for enough years now to form my own "bold statements", thanks!
I have to disagree on VIP is JP, to me, it is a song that is too good for words, unbelievably catchy as well it just cannot make me dislike DR or think that he is history, but as usual, I respect your views as well due to different taste within people.
:wink:
A ray of sun~

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 01 Dec 2008, 16:55

WNight wrote:
DJ Mike TJG wrote:

I have to disagree on VIP is JP, to me, it is a song that is too good for words, unbelievably catchy as well it just cannot make me dislike DR or think that he is history, but as usual, I respect your views as well due to different taste within people.
:wink:
VIP is JP is probably the only recent Dave song I absolutely go crazy over. All because it's Junction Produced. :D