SEB Package to be released on iTunes in November

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 26 Nov 2008, 20:44

para_rigby wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:
para_rigby wrote: Hell, this whole iTunes business just might embiggen the popularity of SEB now
Not directly, I'm sure, but I imagine the increased accessibility will make it at least profitable somewhat for Avex.
I know what you meant, I was trying to make a good pun with cromulent and embiggen. Shame on me.
...naw, I just didn't catch it. My bad.

Back on topic, does anyone think the Microsoft Word word-art in the middle of Niko's album really ruins what would've otherwise been an awesome cover?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 26 Nov 2008, 21:15

zoupzuop2 wrote:
para_rigby wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote: Not directly, I'm sure, but I imagine the increased accessibility will make it at least profitable somewhat for Avex.
I know what you meant, I was trying to make a good pun with cromulent and embiggen. Shame on me.
...naw, I just didn't catch it. My bad.

Back on topic, does anyone think the Microsoft Word word-art in the middle of Niko's album really ruins what would've otherwise been an awesome cover?
LOL I was pointing that out to Jorge last night. I thought it was pretty tacky. Though, I thought the album art for Go2 was pretty cool.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 26 Nov 2008, 21:27

Is anyone able to put up the album art on here because I don't have iTunes on this pc?

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 26 Nov 2008, 23:08

It's like my worst nightmare come true, tons of unreleased stuff and no way to buy or listen to it!

If avex wants my $100, they need to put it up somewhere where I can get DRM-free audio that's in listenable quality. Or, you know, release it on CD as a box set.

trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by trainerkelly » 27 Nov 2008, 00:58

zoupzuop2 wrote: Back on topic, does anyone think the Microsoft Word word-art in the middle of Niko's album really ruins what would've otherwise been an awesome cover?
YES. It does. Horribly. I'm really tempted to make my own cover art for it, as I have some sort of pet peeve against word art and it pains me to see the cover with it. O_o;

It looks like something someone made the cover art in Photoshop (or a similar program), then forgot to put "SPECIAL SELECTION" on it, so they just lazily opened up Microsoft Word or Publisher and just slapped it on. =\

And unfortunately, the way it looks might turn people away from buying the album or any of the songs.. (That's just what I think though.)
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Nov 2008, 02:14

make you own covers guys. It's easy and fun :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 27 Nov 2008, 02:40

The covers for the SCP albums I think were done by Ace himself. I know he dabbles in comp art and their stuff is usually pretty quality. Niko's felt like a rush job though it was cool to finally get Superbad extended. The song quality is pretty nice though 128 its AAC which is better than mp3 at 128.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Nov 2008, 02:49

pokecapn wrote:they need to put it up somewhere where I can get DRM-free audio that's in listenable quality
I just found a friend.
Jion wrote:The song quality is pretty nice though 128 its AAC which is better than mp3 at 128.
In MP3, AAC 128k equals a ~160-192 MP3. Nothing too great.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 27 Nov 2008, 06:42

pokecapn wrote:If avex wants my $100 [...] release it on CD as a box set.
Yes. :(

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 27 Nov 2008, 08:48

From what I've been told, AVEX decided to release these 'special collections' to test the waters, so to speak. I assume that this is not only an attempt to see how popular digital downloads are, I would bet that this is also an attempt to judge how popular the genre is outside of Japan.

There are more collections planned, so if these sell well we'll see more music. And who knows - if these sell well maybe there will be more focus on international fans of Eurobeat for once. :grin:

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 27 Nov 2008, 09:04

So I guess that is the que to buy and pray that there will be more. :)
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

Jion

Post by Jion » 27 Nov 2008, 11:35

Lebon14 wrote:
Jion wrote:The song quality is pretty nice though 128 its AAC which is better than mp3 at 128.
In MP3, AAC 128k equals a ~160-192 MP3. Nothing too great.
Let's not get into a file quality issue again. It's listenable and it's pretty okay. At least we get new releases during a month where there usually aren't new releases.

Am I the only one that thinks the riff (sabi, or synth chorus) from Breakin' OUt by Ace sound like an HRG riff? I'm almost expecting duet with Franz after hearing it haha..
Nine wrote:There are more collections planned, so if these sell well we'll see more music. And who knows - if these sell well maybe there will be more focus on international fans of Eurobeat for once.
I'm also hoping for SEB to be released on iTunes. That would be the ultimate in my opinion. Having the physical SEB stateside is almost impossible because of the costs but international release of SEB is very possible. Just yesterday it was announced that a few US labels (I think subsidiaries of the big four) have sold more music digitally than physical CDs. It's so much more profitable to sell music online hence why prices are usually cheaper. Also it pushes labels to release quality music since if they see that only a few of the songs from a CD are being bought then they won't take the direction of the ones not bought.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 27 Nov 2008, 15:17

the sabi is the chorus of the song, completely separate from the riff/synth.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 27 Nov 2008, 15:51

Ace / We Are Magic has a fantastic infusion of the synths used in Christine's Me, Myself & I and Wings Into The Sky! So glad they finally released this!! :D

I think with these two special albums, Ace has finally gotten the showcase he deserves... Certainly it cements my opinion that Ace is far and away my favourite male Eurobeat singer!

Jion

Post by Jion » 27 Nov 2008, 16:46

taQ wrote:the sabi is the chorus of the song, completely separate from the riff/synth.
The definition of that section always changes from person to person which is why I stick with the riff/synth definition instead. Some people call this part the sabi while others use it to call it the chorus. Even Japanese friends I have mix these two all the time.