VIP Mega Euro Star ~Hybrid~

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 13 Nov 2008, 14:08

drnrg wrote:So let me get this straight, Saifam and DIma can release music on both Farm and AVEX compilations, but the other labels are pretty much tied by the balls? How does that work?
Well, Delta and HI-NRG can release their own music on the web (i.e. Juno), but we have yet to see this from SinclaireStyle, A-BEAT C, SCP, and TIME (except TIME SPA)...

Which this begs to ask, why are A-BEAT C and SCP under such tight contract? I would be willing to say if there were able to release outside of AVEX, think of all the unreleases and remixes we could hear.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 13 Nov 2008, 15:51

David dima has made these tracks before, and sold them a long time ago to FARM-Records.
The songs are property of FARM-Records, and they've released it just a few days ago on a new compilation; VIP Mega Euro Star Codename ~Hybrid~.

I just had time to listen the full album, it's awesome.

Mr.Heartbreak by Robbie Boy ( I think it's Alberto Benati who's singing? )
Is definately a HIT!

Just as Nicole Lee's song, it's great!

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Nov 2008, 18:03

para_rigby wrote:
drnrg wrote:So let me get this straight, Saifam and DIma can release music on both Farm and AVEX compilations, but the other labels are pretty much tied by the balls? How does that work?
Well, Delta and HI-NRG can release their own music on the web (i.e. Juno), but we have yet to see this from SinclaireStyle, A-BEAT C, SCP, and TIME (except TIME SPA)...

Which this begs to ask, why are A-BEAT C and SCP under such tight contract? I would be willing to say if there were able to release outside of AVEX, think of all the unreleases and remixes we could hear.
Delta, HRG, Dima & Saifam do not have as strongly legally binding contracts with Avex; they are not Avex Exclusive (technically... doesn't mean Avex can't piss their pants when one DARES to take a different direction than they wanted). Thus they can release what they want, where they want, and how they want it; they just restrict themselves to not piss Avex off in such a way where they get penalized on Super Eurobeat.

Labels like SinclaireStyle, Go Go's Music, SCP and ABeatC ARE exclusive to Avex and are thusly tied up. SCP, however, has a dynamic and enough business drive, I'd imagine, that Avex is willing to let them try international iTunes and see how it works. SCP tends to have a very palatable flavor for more than just Eurobeat fans so it reaches to a wider market, at least they hope so. Hopefully what we've seen on Dave Rodgers' Myspace is a precursor of things to come (Dave/ABeatC on iTunes = A WINNAR IS THEM ).

SAIFAM is its own (very large) Italian entity; they've already produced their own Eurobeat "compilations" without (much of) Avex's chagrin, though that may have consequences in regards to what we hear from them on SEB.

Dima is also on SEB, I imagine, because Avex is smart enough to realize that the man's a Eurobeat Wizard and is awesome enough to resonate with the "Indie" Eurobeat scene that Farm and other labels' compilations seem to have. It's their way of saying "See? We're cool, we're hip!" Also, Dima (the label) has enough reach in other genres that it may maintain those branches without interfering with Avex's profit, I'd imagine.

And, as much as I dislike how Avex runs things, I realize that they need to eat too. Not everyone in there is a rich, mustache-twisting villain going "Nya nya nyaaaaa~! How can I RUIN Eurobeat for our fans?" I think they just lose track of things in running a very important sector of their business. They miss the forest for the trees, in a way.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Jion

Post by Jion » 13 Nov 2008, 23:26

DarkSky wrote:David dima has made these tracks before, and sold them a long time ago to FARM-Records.
The songs are property of FARM-Records, and they've released it just a few days ago on a new compilation; VIP Mega Euro Star Codename ~Hybrid~.

I just had time to listen the full album, it's awesome.

Mr.Heartbreak by Robbie Boy ( I think it's Alberto Benati who's singing? )
Is definately a HIT!

Just as Nicole Lee's song, it's great!
The Robbie Boy song is actually (most likely not confirmed yet) to be Nick Mansell
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Nov 2008, 23:37

That brings up an interesting question. I wonder if Sergio Dall Ora's Eurogrooves will sell thier soul to the devil? LOL! I doubt he will make the mistake of becoming too legaly binded by AVEX?

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 13 Nov 2008, 23:48

drnrg wrote:That brings up an interesting question. I wonder if Sergio Dall Ora's Eurogrooves will sell thier soul to the devil? LOL! I doubt he will make the mistake of becoming too legaly binded by AVEX?
Well, think of it this way:
*He could either be bound to Avex and be ENSURED plenty of tracks on SEB, a far more "certain" victory in the Eurobeat field, or
*He could not, only get a couple tracks (if that) on SEB and struggle to make it on compilations that don't do so well as SEB.

It's not always such an obvious victory or defeat picking one way or the other.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Nov 2008, 00:06

zoupzuop2
Well, think of it this way:
*He could either be bound to Avex and be ENSURED plenty of tracks on SEB, a far more "certain" victory in the Eurobeat field, or
*He could not, only get a couple tracks (if that) on SEB and struggle to make it on compilations that don't do so well as SEB.

It's not always such an obvious victory or defeat picking one way or the other.
Tru Tru, but I hope he at least came up with a clause like in DELTA's case were he could release his songs on Juno Or Something. The way things are right now, you only get two tracks on SEB at the most.

I for one hope he would finally have legal rights to all his produced music at TIME so we could finally get some TIME extendeds on Juno. and not just be comdemed to Mumo.

Jion

Post by Jion » 14 Nov 2008, 00:20

A lot of the songs he produced went with him so technically they're Eurogrooves productions (A Perfect Hero is an example) much like Yesterday by Cherry being a SinclaireStyle production.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 14 Nov 2008, 01:15

Jion wrote:
DarkSky wrote:Mr.Heartbreak by Robbie Boy ( I think it's Alberto Benati who's singing? )
Is definately a HIT!
The Robbie Boy song is actually (most likely not confirmed yet) to be Nick Mansell
Please don't say such things, I can't fathom my man doing such an uninspired track. The only good thing about it was the synth line.

I didn't think Blast could disappoint me like this. :cry:

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 14 Nov 2008, 02:33

cheeseman wrote:I haven't received my CD yet, but I've found an interesting piece of information on a Japanese blog:

22.ANY MORE / BETTY LOU
Written by: ROBERTO GABRIELLI
Mixed by: ROBERTO GABRIELLI
Additional sound Engineering by: PAOLA BORSATO
Special thanks to Ryota Kubo
Published by Sym Music Srl

Sym Music? Does this mean TIME has not quit publishing Eurobeat, and is now working with Roberto Gabrielli?
This song was licensed to Farm like one and half a year ago (produced early last year). But I think it's not that TIME has quit publishing Eurobeat, but that they just lost their portion of the SEB pie.
ImageImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 14 Nov 2008, 02:58

Jion wrote:A lot of the songs he produced went with him so technically they're Eurogrooves productions (A Perfect Hero is an example) much like Yesterday by Cherry being a SinclaireStyle production.
Actually, almost all of the SinclaireStyle catalog that's pre-2007 is what Sinclaire WROTE on, not what he produced. He shares producer's credits on Running In the 90's; he could've taken that if he wanted if it went by producer and not by writer.
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Nov 2008, 05:53

http://www.farm-records.com/euro_para/euro_farm150.html

This is the link to the sample page for some of those songs. I wonder why noone has been thoughtful enough to post so we can all hear the samples. AVEX has really let some Excellent Dima material slip thier hands.

Quick thoughts

1. The Zippers- Go Speed Racer- This is really strange. Not Eurobeat and I think there is a much better hard rock cover out there somewhere.
:(

6. Gyspy Baby- What A Wonderful Day- Same style along the lines of "oh World" . I actually have this song and like it a lot.
:)

7. David Dima- Fight & Go- Here we go! Fast & Furious Dima style I have come to cherish thru the years. I wonder how old this song is?
:grin:

8. Robbie Roy- Mr. Heartbreak- New Commer? Sounds like Mike Snap. I'm really loving that riff. Is this blast music? This sounds right up my alley.

13. Power Dreams- 7th Moon- I guess this is what they mean by hybrid? I can hear a distant Eurobeat melody trying to break out, but it fails on vocals. Nah...not for me.Next?

14. Aoharu- Blue Wing- J-Euro, right? Kinda simple in production. It's trying to be romantic then fails with that hard beat.

15. Miwa- Eternal Story- I kinda like the beat. It's romantic style and the riff sounds fun, but I can't sing along.

16. Nichole Lee- Don't You Forget My World- This is Dima style. I hear a distant Sophie melody. Really loving that riff.

19. 璃杏- WATCH- More J-Euro. Not bad by a long shot. The riff has a lot of pizzazz to it.

20. RADIORAMA- IT'S MY LIFE (The Eurobeat Mix)- Saifam is almost always great. I don't think I have this one, but the chorus kinda sounds inspired by Oscar's It's my Life. Ironaically from Radiorama records. A subsidery of Saiafm.

21. Debbie Key- You Will See- Hardly see her alias anymore. She's from Saiafm. this song is not gaining my attention in a major way. there is very little change in melody between the chorus and riff. That sounds lazy to me.

22. Betty Lou- Any More- I've heard this clip a few TIMES and each TIME it grows on me. I hear some definate SAW inspired melody. Listen to the pianos and the chorus sounds very late 80's Saiafm. Sounds better each time.

24. Big Warez- Starlight Woman- Big Samurai was one of the first track I purchased off Music masters- This one has the same addicting Space Energy vibe that Dima injects into his songs so brilliantly- Love It!!!

26. F.C.F- Hey Mama Hey- I already purchased this track- It's pure Farina fun from start to finash- One of my favorites. Shame on Avex for losing it to Farm.

Mike Snap ansd Saetta Kid have two previous great songs, so I wish I could hear these samples. The cd sounds good, but the downfall is that it's mix formatt and I want complete tracks. This is a cd I would download just to listen to it, but wouldn't purchase.

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master

Post by cheeseman » 17 Nov 2008, 12:56

cheeseman wrote:Special thanks to Ryota Kubo
Just crossed my mind... Isn't this our own oresama-chan? 8)

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 17 Nov 2008, 16:06

drnrg wrote:(...)
Mike Snap ansd Saetta Kid have two previous great songs, so I wish I could hear these samples. The cd sounds good, but the downfall is that it's mix formatt and I want complete tracks. This is a cd I would download just to listen to it, but wouldn't purchase.
I've made some samples by myself of the songs :)

Saetta Kid - Big Boy
Click here

Mike Snap - Jump in the Fire
Click here

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 17 Nov 2008, 16:31

Do the FARM compilations appear on a website that allows you to download full versions of the tracks (like mora or musicmaster?) I'd love to get my hands on some of these tracks, but like drnrg I'm not really interested in the actual CD as it's a nonstop mix format.