Super Eurobeat 193

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Feb 2009, 05:31

Ugh, I really disagree terribly with the majority of your comments. I concur with Ike Ike 2009's 5, but ratings that low for VKTRS and TYTFIL are quite scary. In a way I don't really enjoy your reviews anymore because your outlook of eurobeat just seems to have gotten really, really negative as of late, as if you're eventually just gonna give up on the genre and let it die, as if the whole genre is completely beyond its prime. It's not to say that you're bad at reviewing now, but comments like this just make me feel really unhappy and worried that the majority of the rest of older fans feel the same as you do.

I just want eurobeat to stay alive... :(
Last edited by #Infinity on 15 Feb 2009, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Feb 2009, 05:37

Well that might be a factor due to the reason that I have to some extent gotten bored with eurobeat, or it just has lost the novelty. The past where majority of eurobeat was good any way I looked at it has turned to where only the minority is good any way I look at it.

Not to say I don't enjoy eurobeat, I do. But years have worn out the edge from most of the songs. But then again you just have to go back a few albums where 191 actually was all around magnificent. It's just the lack of really good releases lately. But there's been too much of blah-worthy material out lately to really get me hyped bout it anymore.

Awaiting for the future to look brighter, 195 at least on paper sounds good. But it's been witnessed so often already that what looks good on paper, hardly speaks the whole truth. I have noticed the change in my overlook over the years, but that somewhat speaks more of the eurobeat factors than me. Still get hyped everytime I hear Food Fighter, but stuff like on 193 hardly can get me in the mood.

pokecapn
Eurobeat Boom

Post by pokecapn » 15 Feb 2009, 05:51

Bore wrote:Not 177 though, huge relief, but we're dangerously close.
Which is funny, because 177 was my favorite album of the decade.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Feb 2009, 07:19

drnrg wrote:WNight
I am not convinced by HRG at the moment, but I never ever said and will never say that they should never release a song again, I still want to hear what they have to offer and I could be proven wrong. Overall, thats just a wrong statement to make.
Hey hey hey. let's leave HRG out of this topic. :evil:

If Dave let's his label faulter, it will, but damn there is alot of talent out there. He can easily callback Kelly T., Nick Key, Neo and why not try his luck at other well known Eurobeat names.Gianna Corraini, Claudio Magnani, David SRB, Luka A. David Ropa(obviously not at SCP anymore) Maybe he should join up with another big name label for the TIME being and get that "hunger" back for creating music. Either way, I would be sad to see ABeatC close it's doors . They are pioneers of the Eurobeat sound.
Apologies, I didn't see this message.

I don't see why I ought to leave HRG attack out of this, seriously. They are just as unconvincing to me at the moment just as how Space Boy -Grand Mix- is getting bashed by the majority like no tomorrow. Now I am not out to be difficult but it is really just how I feel about HRG attack at the moment. No offence, really.
Lebon14 wrote:Nice review Bore. I was waiting for it. Btw, do the Final Rating a little harsh? Half of the song you noted were pretty good to you. The final rating should be ~7½.

Btw, I'm happy that Bore don't like Sp--- I mean Fail Boy.

EDIT

Bore, could you take drnrg's SEB 194 review to put it on your site? It was a really decent review.

-> http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtop ... 9337#29337
All right all right, We know we hate Space Boy -Grand Mix- and We know it is EPIC FAIL to you. Thats fine, but could you stop being so longwinded ? You're harping on it every chance you can and you know what ? Thats harsh.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Feb 2009, 04:09

Bore
Well that might be a factor due to the reason that I have to some extent gotten bored with eurobeat, or it just has lost the novelty. The past where majority of eurobeat was good any way I looked at it has turned to where only the minority is good any way I look at it.

Not to say I don't enjoy eurobeat, I do. But years have worn out the edge from most of the songs. But then again you just have to go back a few albums where 191 actually was all around magnificent. It's just the lack of really good releases lately. But there's been too much of blah-worthy material out lately to really get me hyped bout it anymore.

Awaiting for the future to look brighter, 195 at least on paper sounds good. But it's been witnessed so often already that what looks good on paper, hardly speaks the whole truth. I have noticed the change in my overlook over the years, but that somewhat speaks more of the eurobeat factors than me. Still get hyped everytime I hear Food Fighter, but stuff like on 193 hardly can get me in the mood.

I really think it has to do alot with the fact that you dislike Covers as a whole.

On a different note if you are not gonna purchase 194, which was deservingly a great cd, than maybe you can take some of lebons idea into context. Not saying to post my review, but maybe bits and pieces from all our reviews and showcase it as a members effort. Just a thought, but I do think 194 deserves its review. Not just because I'm a huge Aishu fan, but because Aishu Eurobeat as a whole shouldn't be dismissed that easily over personal preferance 8)